Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

God knows what they’re gonna say on the country file week ahead forecast about Thursday and Friday . They’ll probably speed up the graphics and quickly gloss over it

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, soupsurfer7 said:

God knows what they’re gonna say on the country file week ahead forecast about Thursday and Friday . They’ll probably speed up the graphics and quickly gloss over it

Quite a good forecast with snow maybe Friday with cold air winning out for the seeable future. Snow showers pushing east to west until then especially tomorrow and Tuesday. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
13 minutes ago, soupsurfer7 said:

Turns out they weren't sure themselves

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Worried now the cold air will be too strong and the front won’t even make it past Ireland

Posted

Just been reading the depressed regional thread , i feel sorry for them . U wait more than 3 years and u think its u time and u get suckered  by the hyped Met Office  stupid warnings only for a damp squid .  I still think Thursday/Friday wont bring us much but i see it could all start again next weekend. Fun times for all. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Just been reading the depressed regional thread , i feel sorry for them . U wait more than 3 years and u think its u time and u get suckered  by the hyped Met Office  stupid warnings only for a damp squid .  I still think Thursday/Friday wont bring us much but i see it could all start again next weekend. Fun times for all. 

I sympathise with them! It still hurts to think about that red warning literally on top of my house a few years back!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Latest ECM keeps things cold but that front for Thursday/Friday not as intense and struggles to make it much inland, a sign that the block is holding strong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

Disappointing from the GFS and ECM tonight for Thursday + Friday. Here's tonight's UKV Extended which looks promising though

image.thumb.png.2397f0cbde22f820f697d16fe7487c02.png     image.thumb.png.86cc16b141a65c76875b759fd8a184c1.png 

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Bafan said:

I sympathise with them! It still hurts to think about that red warning literally on top of my house a few years back!

I was just thinking that when i was writing that , we had a red warning but it turned out just a normal amount. 

Edited by snowy36
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

Disappointing from the GFS and ECM tonight for Thursday + Friday. Here's tonight's UKV Extended which looks promising though

image.thumb.png.2397f0cbde22f820f697d16fe7487c02.png     image.thumb.png.86cc16b141a65c76875b759fd8a184c1.png 

I've said all along it wont make it to us, it might struggle to get to ireland. The high is to strong , time for it to change but time is running out. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow
27 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

I was just thinking that when i was writing that , we had a red warning but it turned out just a normal amount. 

Same here in 2018, Amber warning over Swansea but got very little snow but to be fair i think the warning in this neck of the woods was mainly for wind rather than snow.

The weather models often struggle with these breakdown situations and often the GFS is to quick to bring in systems off the Atlantic. If anything id say in the last few any breakdown has been delayed and high pressure is holding more than initially thought.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Yes it appears that the block is quite a hefty one...but I remain optimistic that it will lead to a snowy breakdown at somepoint 

Posted

Still trying to work out if there is any point in booking Friday off work or not? More towards the not at the moment; but my mind keeps swaying back and forth. 

Posted

well worth a look lots of showers coming our way

rain UK - rain Ireland - rain Scotland - rain Wales - 5 minute rainradar UK and Ireland, where will it rain today and rain now? (meteoradar.co.uk)

Just click on the forecast tab

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
18 minutes ago, Loadsa2000 said:

well worth a look lots of showers coming our way

rain UK - rain Ireland - rain Scotland - rain Wales - 5 minute rainradar UK and Ireland, where will it rain today and rain now? (meteoradar.co.uk)

Just click on the forecast tab

Nothing showing up on mine 

Screenshot_20210207-210348_NW Snow Radar.jpg

Posted
6 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Nothing showing up on mine 

Screenshot_20210207-210348_NW Snow Radar.jpg

that is now the link shows where it will be at midnight its heading from the NE

image.thumb.png.30f83407b0bfbe3bb20285d3e9de9085.png

Edited by Loadsa2000

Posted
10 minutes ago, Loadsa2000 said:

that is now the link shows where it will be at midnight its heading from the NE

image.thumb.png.30f83407b0bfbe3bb20285d3e9de9085.png

Yeh we could get some as I just run the animation up to 11.40pm and they are not fizzing out at all and some streamers seem to build a little. I shall give it 50/50 will update if I see some snow falling. 

• Like 1

Posted

Just seen this for Caerphilly dont know accurate

Aerisweather forecast: Partly Cloudy, Light Snow Showers. Chance of precipitation 20%. Low: -1.2°C. Wind NE 24->26 km/h. rain ≈ 0.0mm. snow ≈ 0.0cm.
Davis VP+ forecast: Mostly cloudy and cooler, precipitation possible within 12 hours, possibly heavy at times, windy.

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, Loadsa2000 said:

Just seen this for Caerphilly dont know accurate

Aerisweather forecast: Partly Cloudy, Light Snow Showers. Chance of precipitation 20%. Low: -1.2°C. Wind NE 24->26 km/h. rain ≈ 0.0mm. snow ≈ 0.0cm.
Davis VP+ forecast: Mostly cloudy and cooler, precipitation possible within 12 hours, possibly heavy at times, windy.

Link mate if you can, tia