Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
27 minutes ago, andymusic said:

ecm pushed back the low into friday now - so add a further cold/ice day to the spell

But it’s never going to slide under the block unfortunately....well according to folk in the mod thread 

Posted
3 minutes ago, WINTRY WALES said:

But it’s never going to slide under the block unfortunately....well according to folk in the mod thread 

The banner Steve Muir reckons it's a slider lol

• Like 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, andymusic said:

ecm pushed back the low into friday now - so add a further cold/ice day to the spell

If that verifies 6 days out

Posted
42 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

I seen that in his Twitter account....but harsh banning him don’t you think?

Miss his input

Edited by WINTRY WALES
  • Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, WINTRY WALES said:

Miss his input

Yes its very poor , some people can get away with murder in there. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, WINTRY WALES said:

Miss his input

He was abusive to Chino he deserved it

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Yes it can slide if it loses energy , i think we will know more about thursday/friday by the end of tomorrow.

Posted

At moment the models are showing two heavyweights ready to go at it. 

On the one side is the deep Atlantic low versus the Beast on the other.  It's like Rocky 4 - Eastern seaboard New Yorker against the mighty Siberian. 

At the moment they are locked in a slugfest first round and neither gives an inch. The battleground remains in the North Atlantic.

If either side weakens - we in Wales will probably win: 

1. If the Beast weakens, the low can gain some mileage Eastwards. We would hope that the Beast puts up a decent fight though and stalls the low right here
  2. If the low weakens, it will disrupt and get squeezed Southeastwards. That's our slider.

Scenario 1 looks unlikely, so it's 2 we're probably looking for. Problem is that the longer the fight goes on, the more likely the stalemate, as the low gets all his mates from the South to keep the opponents apart and the fight gets stopped with a points draw. I still reckon there's a chance of scenario 2 but we will probably need to see it within the next 48 hours on ECM at the very least. (Can't believe i want Rocky to concede mind!) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
13 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Some of them mods are so full of themselves. 

They do my head in fair play 

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, gareth moo said:

At moment the models are showing two heavyweights ready to go at it. 

On the one side is the deep Atlantic low versus the Beast on the other.  It's like Rocky 4 - Eastern seaboard New Yorker against the mighty Siberian. 

At the moment they are locked in a slugfest first round and neither gives an inch. The battleground remains in the North Atlantic.

If either side weakens - we in Wales will probably win: 

1. If the Beast weakens, the low can gain some mileage Eastwards. We would hope that the Beast puts up a decent fight though and stalls the low right here
  2. If the low weakens, it will disrupt and get squeezed Southeastwards. That's our slider.

Scenario 1 looks unlikely, so it's 2 we're probably looking for. Problem is that the longer the fight goes on, the more likely the stalemate, as the low gets all his mates from the South to keep the opponents apart and the fight gets stopped with a points draw. I still reckon there's a chance of scenario 2 but we will probably need to see it within the next 48 hours on ECM at the very least. (Can't believe i want Rocky to concede mind!) 

Or 3 the high drifts over us and we are stuck in no mans land 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
28 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

He was abusive to Chino he deserved it

Big loss to the forum if you ask me, Steve was a very knowledgeable poster & I for one certainly looked forward to seeing what he had to say. I've seen far worse stuff going on in the mod thread over the years but nobody got banned! 

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, WINTRY WALES said:

Or 3 the high drifts over us and we are stuck in no mans land 

Yep - that's the stalemate with heights from the South getting dragged up by that resilient LP.

Posted
Just now, Smartie said:

Big loss to the forum if you ask me, Steve was a very knowledgeable poster & I for one certainly looked forward to seeing what he had to say. I've seen far worse stuff going on in the mod thread over the years but nobody got banned! 

I'd be good to see his opinion.. anyone know his twitter details.. could you post a link here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
2 minutes ago, georgiedre said:

I'd be good to see his opinion.. anyone know his twitter details.. could you post a link here

https://mobile.twitter.com/Steve_RSport

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Headline met office 

Bright spells, isolated showers and cold for Saturday.

This Evening and Tonight:

A cold night across the country with showers persisting through until morning, especially in the north. Clearest skies will be in the south, where there will be a risk of icy stretches by morning. Minimum temperature 0 °C.

Saturday:

Mostly dry with bright spells across the country with some isolated showers over the northern areas. Fog patches likely during the morning. Further showers, possibly wintry over hills later on. Maximum temperature 8 °C.

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Sunday very cold and mostly dry but a few wintry showers are possible. Very cold on Monday and Tuesday, with scattered snow showers. Feeling bitter throughout with strong easterly winds.

Updated: 16:00 (UTC) on Fri 5 Feb 2021

Edited by Snowguy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
Just now, Snowguy said:

Headline:

Bright spells, isolated showers and cold for Saturday.

This Evening and Tonight:

A cold night across the country with showers persisting through until morning, especially in the north. Clearest skies will be in the south, where there will be a risk of icy stretches by morning. Minimum temperature 0 °C.

Saturday:

Mostly dry with bright spells across the country with some isolated showers over the northern areas. Fog patches likely during the morning. Further showers, possibly wintry over hills later on. Maximum temperature 8 °C.

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Sunday very cold and mostly dry but a few wintry showers are possible. Very cold on Monday and Tuesday, with scattered snow showers. Feeling bitter throughout with strong easterly winds.

Updated: 16:00 (UTC) on Fri 5 Feb 2021

Met office

Posted

gfs18z snowstorm late thursday now - when the 12z was early morning thursday - being pushed back and pushed back and still the snow storm aswell - stalling over Wales on this run and dumping snow everywhere

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer
4 minutes ago, Loadsa2000 said:

now got a single snowflake on the met forecast for 3am sunday morning all by his lonesome

Lol same for here but at 9am lol oit it this way it showed nothing for last Sunday here and practically snowed all day metoffice doesn’t have a very good handle in precip until the event starts it seems to me 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

Good snowfall Thursday/Friday on 18Z GFS, and pushes through slower than 12Z

image.thumb.png.0fcd9c6c457f3d6094ecb54a537a0b46.png.    image.thumb.png.29e1dda002bcd3506a5ee754812fb4f2.png

Edited by mattrout92
  • Like 2

Posted

easterly continues on and we hold on to all the snow we've had for days - panic over lol

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 3