Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

gfs 18z showing snow for Wales again between 6pm and midnight this coming saturday - seems that's when the party is gonna be starting in Wales anyway

image.thumb.png.f24e3abbca591b0273dd0801835c0c76.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

1982 - wow, great memories. I was 10.

Three things anyone below maybe 35/40 won't understand:

1. Proper power cuts. Like no heating or lights for 72 hours. Candles and a Calor gas heater to huddle around. 

2. Snow so deep that we made a full-on bobsleigh track in a field. Banked corners the lot. 

3. No school for 4 weeks because of frozen pipes in the outside toilets. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!
6 minutes ago, gareth moo said:

1982 - wow, great memories. I was 10.

Three things anyone below maybe 35/40 won't understand:

1. Proper power cuts. Like no heating or lights for 72 hours. Candles and a Calor gas heater to huddle around. 

2. Snow so deep that we made a full-on bobsleigh track in a field. Banked corners the lot. 

3. No school for 4 weeks because of frozen pipes in the outside toilets. 

I was 16 - we were building igloos!

JK

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Anyone noticed that the model thread has become the South East regional thread.

Do not talk about West UK whatever you do, get hounded lol

Weekend looking okay here in Wales but i am not seeing lots of Snow. 

Wednesday look interesting, but hope the fronts push in and then stall before retreating again.

I am not a fan of transient snow, so hopefully some ideas by models and indications by Met O, that this could happen does happen.

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, pyrotech said:

Anyone noticed that the model thread has become the South East regional thread.

Do not talk about West UK whatever you do, get hounded lol

Weekend looking okay here in Wales but i am not seeing lots of Snow. 

Wednesday look interesting, but hope the fronts push in and then stall before retreating again.

I am not a fan of transient snow, so hopefully some ideas by models and indications by Met O, that this could happen does happen.

you're in east Wales - should get some showers at the very least before the end of next week

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, pyrotech said:

Hi Andy, yes a dusting at least, then later in Week heavy snow, but will it turn to rain later or stay as snow is the big question

lots of factors play a part in that one - not even the pro-forecasters get that one right on the day of the front coming in - so i'm not even gonna go there - we'll just have to watch things unfold

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I guess patience is needed for us when it comes to an easterly.

harmonie will show us the showers coming in and any streamers

• Like 2

Posted

image.thumb.png.f3fe90d5508079576d3f909fcb5940f0.png

Could be a full on 12 hour snow storm during thursday just like gem had it earlier - but the battle is on - defo been held up and the cold winning more

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

lots of factors play a part in that one - not even the pro-forecasters get that one right on the day of the front coming in - so i'm not even gonna go there - we'll just have to watch things unfold

Yep. LP will adjust, usually by 100s of miles. Won't go North. Can't see it pushing through against the serious cold. 

Since the internet age and being able to properly track this stuff every 6 hours (rather than on the Countryfile forecast each Sunday) we've seen prob 90% of these slide (eventually.) 

• Like 2

Posted

good thing about the gfs18z also is it dumps it's snow over 6 - 12 hours and then we don't have an immediate thaw/wash away - chance to enjoy it 1st - but again as i've said - already the system has been pushed back and also has come through as all snow - we have numerous runs between now and this time next week - let's see how further the cold holds on and mild gets defeated shall we lol - i'm willing to bet the cold holds on till the following weekend at least

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Could be a few surprises on the way. Is there a good chance of Cardiff/Valleys seeing snowfall? My current prediction is flurries from Late Saturday up until Wednesday where we will get snow gradually turning into rain.

Posted
Just now, Snowguy said:

Could be a few surprises on the way. Is there a good chance of Cardiff/Valleys seeing snowfall? My current prediction is flurries from Late Saturday up until Wednesday where we will get snow gradually turning into rain.

yes that's east Wales - and latest modeling keeps the cold in till late thursday now which could end up being the following weekend

• Like 1

Posted

Fantastic reading in here about the snow in 82, 78 was  better though if time serves me right. Anyhow just come out of the mad thread.. Flack me there are some amazing and top  metreologists that come out with so much bull shat that makes me want to put my moneys worth in but to be honest I cannot be arsed with there running quotes of what I like to say.. All a bunch of Kents and Suffolk people in there playing with barbie and Ken. I just spent over an hour reading such drabble and some enjoying posts and I felt that the idiots that post such much tripe are the ones who on the very 1st lockdown went out and stripped the shelves of toilet paper and pasta.. They need to just cool down and think of others.. Any how this up and coming spell is going to be a good un and a remarkable one. This ain't going to be back to mild by this Thursday. Get the cold in and we are on to a very memorable event to talk about  NG is looking good or should I say fantastic. Upgrades tomorrow from metoffice and LP slamming into very cold strong winds from Tuesday onwards. Its going to be a good 2 weeks of COLD LOCKED IN. ❄️

• Like 7

Posted

Looks like scotland going to get huge amounts of snow from now, bbc breakfast weather seems to have all snow confined to london and east coast from now until monday.

But it sure is going to be very very cold

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

It's crazy how a couple of days a go we were looking at 40cm+ of snow and now we're looking at mainly dry weather. Any snow looks reserved for the far SE of England over the weekend.

Just seen exactly the same, i wrote below but was slower than yourself ha ha

• Like 1

Posted

As it stands guys we are out of the picture completely. Will be a Far East affair this....not even a god damn snowy breakdown.

Hopefully a change in fortune with the models over the weekend.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, WINTRY WALES said:

As it stands guys we are out of the picture completely. Will be a Far East affair this....not even a god damn snowy breakdown.

Hopefully a change in fortune with the models over the weekend.

They're saying anywhere east of London for the snow. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a week of dry cold weather followed by 6 hours of snow turning to rain.

• Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

It's crazy how a couple of days a go we were looking at 40cm+ of snow and now we're looking at mainly dry weather. Any snow looks reserved for the far SE of England over the weekend.

Not in your area you will get covering question how much.

• Like 2