Get the army in, fetch the digger! 

00z

Oh no, it’s Pete Tong

The Models must be wrong

But winter is over, 

If it doesn’t snow in Dover

06z

Meanwhile in Wales, the land of only sheep

The snowdrifts pile up, nearly 20ft deep! 

The Scots have froze solid and the Irish start skiing, 

But winter is still over, for Kent only had a dusting! 

12z 

Its never ‘nailed on’ or ‘snowmaggedon’ for long

If it doesn’t snow IMBY, then the models must be wrong.

You can call it a sausage, and talk about your wedge! 

But please when it does come, bugger off out on your sledge! 

Class!!

• Like 1

Posted

Can anyone please recommend a good weather station? I'm looking for something that is value for money, I'm not too bothered about cost but at the same time, I don't want to waste money on a model if there's a cheaper one that's better value. Thanks in advance.

Posted
32 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Any change on the overnight model runs? I don't know about anyone else but I've got a feeling it'll be Midlands north in regards to decent snow totals.

No Sunday snow moves down from the North just the start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
32 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Any change on the overnight model runs? I don't know about anyone else but I've got a feeling it'll be Midlands north in regards to decent snow totals.

Wouldn't worry about it just yet Jay, give it another 2 days or so we get closer to the more reliable time but hopefully we should do well out of this ????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
8 hours ago, Cymro said:

12z

Oh look it’s a beast, 

Gonna hit the south east, 

It’s a stonker, quite a feast

If it hits the South east! 

18z

Ok look a Kent clipper

It will be brutal, a real stonker

Oh hey, a Thames streamer, 

Get the army in, fetch the digger! 

00z

Oh no, it’s Pete Tong

The Models must be wrong

But winter is over, 

If it doesn’t snow in Dover

06z

Meanwhile in Wales, the land of only sheep

The snowdrifts pile up, nearly 20ft deep! 

The Scots have froze solid and the Irish start skiing, 

But winter is still over, for Kent only had a dusting! 

12z 

Its never ‘nailed on’ or ‘snowmaggedon’ for long

If it doesn’t snow IMBY, then the models must be wrong.

You can call it a sausage, and talk about your wedge! 

But please when it does come, bugger off out on your sledge! 

I love that!   I reckon you should post that in the MAD thread - they’ll love it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!
13 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

I love that!   I reckon you should post that in the MAD thread - they’ll love it.

If you want a ban!

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

I would probably get a life ban and a prison sentence for snow treason or stealing their ice days

Edited by Cymro
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Anyone else's locations now showing up on androids again? I can now c where everyone is from again

• Like 3

Posted

Met still quite Bullish included weekend for wales

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Scattered heavy showers with brief sunny spells on Friday. Becoming cold on Saturday and Sunday with wintry showers possible and overnight frosts.

Updated: 04:00 (UTC) on Wed 3 Feb 2021

UK long range weather forecast

Sunday 7 Feb - Tuesday 16 Feb

Rather cloudy and cold across the UK on Sunday with wintry showers over eastern parts. An area of high pressure then looks to build to the north, and it will likely feel cold or very cold, especially in brisk easterly winds. There is a chance of conditions being dry at times with widespread overnight frosts, although wintry showers can still feed in from the east coast. Any organised areas of cloud and precipitation arriving from the southwest will not progress very far into the country as a result of the high pressure. However, they can bring the potential for widespread snow across areas where they bump into cold air. Patches of ice and other disruptive wintry hazards remain a possibility for all areas.

Tuesday 16 Feb - Tuesday 2 Mar

Confidence is low for this period from mid-February onwards, but conditions could turn cold and dry towards the end of the month. Less cold and milder interludes are still a possibility due to weather systems arriving from the Atlantic. These systems could bring a risk of disruptive snowfall over the boundary between mild and cold air. Disruptive wintry hazards continue to be a greater than normal threat during this period, and snowfall is a possibility for all areas, but is most likely over eastern parts of the country. Precipitation amounts are generally likely to be lower than average.

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

To late they buried already in 1 metre of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
4 hours ago, blackrose73 said:

Can anyone please recommend a good weather station? I'm looking for something that is value for money, I'm not too bothered about cost but at the same time, I don't want to waste money on a model if there's a cheaper one that's better value. Thanks in advance.

I have a Bresser 5 in 1. It's brilliant. Google it for the details

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Hello folks, 

with all the wild excitement in the MAD thread, I could do with some solid Welsh advice.  I have various holiday lets I caretake and with lockdown they’ve stood empty with me going in to check water, or heat/coolness.  Given the low temperatures forecast should I be upping the heating regime?  Are we due heavy snow again, (having just had a weekend of it) or generally cold temps.? Also I have a log delivery due next week, should I see if can bring it foreword?

I also have elderly people I look out for so trying to plan whether extra stockpile of tinned food necessary.  Am I going overboard?

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, snefnug said:

Hello folks, 

with all the wild excitement in the MAD thread, I could do with some solid Welsh advice.  I have various holiday lets I caretake and with lockdown they’ve stood empty with me going in to check water, or heat/coolness.  Given the low temperatures forecast should I be upping the heating regime?  Are we due heavy snow again, (having just had a weekend of it) or generally cold temps.? Also I have a log delivery due next week, should I see if can bring it foreword?

I also have elderly people I look out for so trying to plan whether extra stockpile of tinned food necessary.  Am I going overboard?

As for the heating dependent on how well the properties are insulated, would leave the boiler on constant turn all the radiators  on and set the temperature thermostat at about 10 degrees. Shouldn't cost a lot.

In the industry on the design side for big projects. We did a trial on a new housing site where the heating was left on constantly with the thermostat was turned down to 17 at night and when it would be unoccupied, turned up in the morning turned down during the day and turned back up in the evening  emulating a working family. Then we ran it off the clock coming on at 6 going off at 9 coming back on at 4 and going off at 10. Emulating a family occupancy. At the end of the trial the property who operated the the thermostat rather than a clock used less gas. This will only work on properties with a high rate of insulation. The reasoning behind is that when you heat a cold house you use a lot of power heating the fabric of the builder. When the house is maintained at a temperature it is quicker to warm up.

Hope this makes sense from a rambling man. Try it yourself take a meter reading before you start off using a clock for a week then the same on the thermostat the following week. it is not entirely accurate depending what you cook with, and how cold it is outside, but it should potentially show a difference.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

@Loadsa2000, thank you for this.  Two I can do like that, the other is well insulated but heated by oil Rayburn which with dodgy thermostat eats fuel so will email owners.  We live in slate house with thick walls, hick loft insulation and mostly single glazing , heated by oil fired Rayburn which heats radiators.  We’ve pretty much had heating on low all day, everyday, 10 hours since before Xmas (as oh now works from home).  Wacked  through the oil, but it is cold -ish winter so far and locked in with lockdown, as it were.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, gareth moo said:

@andymusic  You still have those plans for the Beacons ski resort that you drafted in 2010?

image.thumb.png.8715db69f647fe3f9b5c32fbb99cf92c.png

would be lovely wouldn't it - but the pandemic has completely knackered the scottish ski buiz so not gonna happen lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

Regarding this incoming Easterly, here in north west Wales we hardly benefit from an Easterly. Is it gonna be the same scenario again? Or will there be  any different set ups etc we can expect? 
would be nice to get involved for a change!

Posted
5 minutes ago, dyl232 said:

Regarding this incoming Easterly, here in north west Wales we hardly benefit from an Easterly. Is it gonna be the same scenario again? Or will there be  any different set ups etc we can expect? 
would be nice to get involved for a change!

should be some Atlantic fronts trying to push in against the cold - that's when you might get your snow

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!

looks like a pretty dry start for wales into next next week despite the frigid temperatures ..no snow ....have to see what develops as we move though week....please correct me if i am wrong someone!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Yeah to me it does look rather dry and cloudy but some decent sunshine in the west. Risk of flurries in mid and east wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Just caught the BBC forecast on my lunch break and they’ve surprisingly bullish about snow showers coming in from the east early next week 

Posted
17 minutes ago, soupsurfer7 said:

Just caught the BBC forecast on my lunch break and they’ve surprisingly bullish about snow showers coming in from the east early next week 

I wouldn't worry about what the beeb say as they've become rubbish since they dropped the met office, not sure why people still watch them for. I'm waiting for the met office 10 day trend video it should be uploaded anytime soon now