Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

I’ve said it before on another thread and I will reiterate again, don’t get your hopes up with those snow charts for 10th Feb. I understand that some people like to be optimistic on this but the likelyhood is that it will either not run along that trajectory and miss us south or it will push through us along that trajectory pushing the cold back out and it will most likely turn to rain on that leading edge. Ideal situation would be like we had on Sunday but with the cold high maintaining a strong presence over Wales and pushing the low back South gradually whilst we take advantage of that moisture with the cold air in place. Don’t know what you guys think on this but just my opinion from past experience in the West.

Edited by Lloyd1
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, cold snowy winters, thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Storm Emma said:

Check out the Scottish and North West thread there are a few unhappy folk in there this evening because of the bias and IMBYism  yeah it's a joke Wales doesn't seem to exist in their eyes!

To them we in Wales don't exist as being in the country. I saw Jay's post earlier. If we post that snow will affect Wales they go crazy. Abit embarrassing really. How old are they. They need to go back to school or shall we post a big dummy in the mod thread when things go wrong. The mods would run a million miles.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow
59 minutes ago, blackrose73 said:

Someone from the southeast said earlier "The joys of trying to get snowflake in the UK!". Erm, excuse me but many of us have had some snow in the UK, even today in some areas! Unbelievably irritating southeast bias! Because of course there's nothing to the UK beyond London and the Home counties! eh!

I havent been in the model thread for years and dont intend too because of things like that, shame really because there is allot to be learned from some very knowledgeable people on here. If its not a Kent clipper or a Thames streamer then it dont count. 

On another note, some very nice looking snowfall charts for eastern parts of N England and Scotland.

Edited by SnowStorm(Jamie)
  • Like 6

Posted
3 minutes ago, The4Seasons said:

To them we in Wales don't exist as being in the country. I saw Jay's post earlier. If we post that snow will affect Wales they go crazy. Abit embarrassing really. How old are they. They need to go back to school or shall we post a big dummy in the mod thread when things go wrong. The mods would run a million miles.

If the charts don't show snow for them they dismiss them and call it a downgrade, the toy throwing and tantrums from them the last few days has been quite hilarious, you honestly wouldn't think that they are adults! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
10 minutes ago, Storm Emma said:

If the charts don't show snow for them they dismiss them and call it a downgrade, the toy throwing and tantrums from them the last few days has been quite hilarious, you honestly wouldn't think that they are adults! 

Not quite true from the NW thread always keep a look out in this thread good luck at weekend let's hope we can all share some snow

C.S

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, cheshire snow said:

Not quite true from the NW thread always keep a look out in this thread good luck at weekend let's hope we can all share some snow

C.S

I was talking about the South East thread lol, good luck too hope we all see some snow! 

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, Lloyd1 said:

I’ve said it before on another thread and I will reiterate again, don’t get your hopes up with those snow charts for 10th Feb. I understand that some people like to be optimistic on this but the likelyhood is that it will either not run along that trajectory and miss us south or it will push through us along that trajectory pushing the cold back out and it will most likely turn to rain on that leading edge. Ideal situation would be like we had on Sunday but with the cold high maintaining a strong presence over Wales and pushing the low back South gradually whilst we take advantage of that moisture with the cold air in place. Don’t know what you guys think on this but just my opinion from past experience in the West.

One event we could miss out maybe 2 events we could miss out, but to have several events lined up .Northerly this weekend possible outbreaks of snow ,Monday Tuesday snow again possible from frontal snow Thursday frontal snow. Met outlook very promising periods of snow.Yes I'm drunk on Optermism. Enjoy the next 10days.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
1 hour ago, Lloyd1 said:

It’s hilarious They should try and live on the mild west coast of Wales haha don’t see us moaning

Weelll....not much anyway.

• Like 2

Posted

Just had a look in some of the other regionals, quite a lot of people moaning about the southeast bias in the mod thread. Speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned, never seen so many kicking off about it, and rightly so! Mods let it slide every year though.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
57 minutes ago, Lloyd1 said:

There’s still a lot of things need to fall into place, it’s true.  But once the cold air is brought in from the east, we can expect a snowy breakdown as the warmer Atlantic air attempts to push it away later.  It’s Wales that will be on the receiving end of that.  Of course, it might not happen, but all the indications are there at the moment.  

• Like 2

Posted

it'll be interesting to see how it all develops ... 
We do have a lot of high ground .. and the blend of the Atlantic and Easterly cold battle can bring us some really nice scenes .. even if short lived , ~ last Sunday was a decent snow day for us .. and some of that snow is still around in the hills.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

It seems all routes lead to snow for us in Wales. I've a very good feeling about next week ☃️

image.thumb.png.c7afc78613d88d15af40b6e31ae964bb.png

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

It seems all routes lead to snow for us in Wales. I've a very good feeling about next week ☃️

image.thumb.png.c7afc78613d88d15af40b6e31ae964bb.png

This is likely a very stupid question but what is the difference between the colour in a block and the stripy one?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer
4 minutes ago, MR_E said:

This is likely a very stupid question but what is the difference between the colour in a block and the stripy one?

The hashed lines represents snowfall ❄️, and the unhashed blocks are rainfall ?

The colours represent the amount of precipitation falling. A general rule of thumb is 1mm of rain = 1cm of snow, but this is not always accurate

Edited by mattrout92
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, blackrose73 said:

Just had a look in some of the other regionals, quite a lot of people moaning about the southeast bias in the mod thread. Speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned, never seen so many kicking off about it, and rightly so! Mods let it slide every year though.

I wonder where the mods live? Let me guess....

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Does it stay cold after the snow or is it back to mild?

at the moment the breakdown occurs proper with the next front that comes in - but with cold spells that can get pushed back - and the meto think this cold weather is in at least till the middle of the month yet

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Cymro said:

12z

Oh look it’s a beast, 

Gonna hit the south east, 

It’s a stonker, quite a feast

If it hits the South east! 

18z

Ok look a Kent clipper

It will be brutal, a real stonker

Oh hey, a Thames streamer, 

Get the army in, fetch the digger! 

00z

Oh no, it’s Pete Tong

The Models must be wrong

But winter is over, 

If it doesn’t snow in Dover

06z

Meanwhile in Wales, the land of only sheep

The snowdrifts pile up, nearly 20ft deep! 

The Scots have froze solid and the Irish start skiing, 

But winter is still over, for Kent only had a dusting! 

12z 

Its never ‘nailed on’ or ‘snowmaggedon’ for long

If it doesn’t snow IMBY, then the models must be wrong.

You can call it a sausage, and talk about your wedge! 

But please when it does come, bugger off on your sledge! 

Haha, very good mate!

• Like 1