Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Sure I seen someone mention on the mad thread the other day about some crayons and different colours which covered most the east coast but look the crayons have been used to colour wales now instead happy days lol  

2DDF1B5F-892E-415E-8B93-3E61B299EB0E.png

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Coilspring said:

I see the theme of general muppetry is continuing in the mad thread. 

You just couldn't write it could you. Some proper Muppets in there think they know better than the top posters who know a thing or two. Pity that some of them don't post anymore and just lurk. I dare not to post in there just incase I get shot down. Anyway " weekend into next week is looking 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM For us and the west country, ❄️❄️

• Like 6

Posted

Great to see some infiltration Cymraeg into the loony thread earlier ladies and gents. The bait was thrown by a few but it was Jay that got the bite ! 

Some proper charts appearing for us fair play. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Mad thread seriously doing my head in been on this site since 2005  and I've never seen such snowflakes in all my years I've been on here

Edited by Marcus_surfer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
11 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Mad thread seriously doing my head in been on this site since 2005  and I've never seen such snowflakes in all my years I've been on here

But ironically most snowflakes in there  who are complaining haven't seen snowflakes for a while

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Now they're saying only snow for the north lol! I'll just wait and see what happens as I don't have a clue what's going to happen.

Probably saying snow for North Essex. Lol. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

Yep, I'll take the ECM tonight please.

image.thumb.png.1a7a53f244756a37d31305724ff47fe9.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
4 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

Ha ha was just about to post that!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
4 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

That chart is a thing of beauty.  What a stunner.   But I will see your ECM and raise you the GEM snow depth chart (10th Feb)......

7EBE77CC-E8D1-42CF-A734-9D50F8746DFB.thumb.png.1a20acbebbcb4520d1a5a4d59eab4033.png

A possible 15cm for the Preselis!!?   

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

That chart is a thing of beauty.  What a stunner.   But I will see your ECM and raise you the GEM snow depth chart (10th Feb)......

7EBE77CC-E8D1-42CF-A734-9D50F8746DFB.thumb.png.1a20acbebbcb4520d1a5a4d59eab4033.png

I think the ecm would bring 20-30cm widely .. but not going to happen in my opinion 

Posted
39 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

But ironically most snowflakes in there  who are complaining haven't seen snowflakes for a while

Someone from the southeast said earlier "The joys of trying to get snowflake in the UK!". Erm, excuse me but many of us have had some snow in the UK, even today in some areas! Unbelievably irritating southeast bias! Because of course there's nothing to the UK beyond London and the Home counties! eh!

• Like 3

Posted
24 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Before that possibility of a taster Sunday as LP drifts south across Uk

Screenshot_20210202-192000_Chrome.jpg

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 3

Posted

Just been having a look in some of the other regional threads and it seems like we're not the only ones fed up of the south east bias in the mod thread  I think it's about time now we had two separate mod threads, one for the south east lot so they can moan and whinge about how they haven't had any snow this winter and how the models are downgrades because the charts aren't showing snowmageddon in their back yards, and one for the rest of us and the uk.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Storm Emma said:

Just been having a look in some of the other regional threads and it seems like we're not the only ones fed up of the south east bias in the mod thread  I think it's about time now we had two separate mod threads, one for the south east lot so they can moan and whinge about how they haven't had any snow this winter and how the models are downgrades because the charts aren't showing snowmageddon in their back yards, and one for the rest of us and the uk.

It’s hilarious They should try and live on the mild west coast of Wales haha don’t see us moaning

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, Storm Emma said:

Yes I had a look in some of the regionals last night and they were moaning about it as well. Also, someone from Kent recently said in the mod thread, "Def no boom for the snowless  southern  half of the country". What do they consider as the southern HALF for heaven's sake?? Utterly clueless arrogance!

• Like 2

Posted

Not getting excited about the easterly this weekend till its here. I've seen them disappear inside 48 hours after the MOD thread100% guarenteed the easterly was on. Notoriously difficult to achieve in winter with the right setup to give snow. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Lloyd1 said:

It’s hilarious They should try and live on the mild west coast of Wales haha don’t see us moaning

Yeah I'd say west wales has been worse for not seeing much snow this winter, wasn't it just a few weeks ago they had an amber warning for snow for parts of the south east? it was probably the most embarrassing amber warning the met office have ever issued  they can't cope with anything over a cm of snow!

• Like 1

Posted

Hi gang, Newbie here ! I’ve been lurking for a few years and mainly just read the MOD thread! But I’ve decided to join properly to not only follow the welsh regional part , but so I can block the majority in the MAD thread ! Looking like a nice cold spell incoming

• Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, blackrose73 said:

Yes I had a look in some of the regionals last night and they were moaning about it as well. Also, someone from Kent recently said in the mod thread, "Def no boom for the snowless  southern  half of the country". What do they consider as the southern HALF for heaven's sake?? Utterly clueless arrogance!

Check out the Scottish and North West thread there are a few unhappy folk in there this evening because of the bias and IMBYism  yeah it's a joke Wales doesn't seem to exist in their eyes!

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Gez79 said:

Hi gang, Newbie here ! I’ve been lurking for a few years and mainly just read the MOD thread! But I’ve decided to join properly to not only follow the welsh regional part , but so I can block the majority in the MAD thread ! Looking like a nice cold spell incoming

Just block anyone whose from South East England it makes the thread a million times better 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Gez79 said:

Welcome