Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
22 minutes ago, bradymk said:

I’m in the Heath and it has settled on the grass, cars and roofs too, particular ones where exposed to wind. However not accumulating any more than what they have now. 

Still snowing in though but small flakes again now. 0.7c 

Nothing crazy but a very enjoyable day either way!

Same here tbh. Looks like it's beginning to peter out on the radar now too. Nice to see it in action, and hopefully we'll see a proper Wales wide event over the next few weeks. Looking promising for next weekend for cold - fingers crossed for some snow to show up too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Snow finally turned light and sleety here now with what lay on cars/roofs and grass slowly melting away now. Temp up to 0.8C and dp -0.2c. Ironically its our coldest day of the winter so far not getting above 1c yet, despite having more snow lay last weekend! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

Shame this wasn't overnight, but I'm not complaining! We have stuck with our centimetre or so here, but it's starting to turn sleety. Temps 0.8C and Dewpoint now above freezing at 0.2C. 

This is turning into a much better winter than recent ones!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Possible snow scenario for next weekend as well?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

oh yes

Big 12z model Runs coming up you feel to confirm length and severity of cold spell.....if its half way house with the Atlantic pushing up against the cold we could hit the jackpot but risky. full on Easterly  could be cold but dry for us ......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
16 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

Big 12z model Runs coming up you feel to confirm length and severity of cold spell.....if its half way house with the Atlantic pushing up against the cold we could hit the jackpot but risky. full on Easterly  could be cold but dry for us ......

Be sure to feel back with the update...I can't be going in the mod thread..if it goes pear shaped then its the end of the world in there and in these testing times I'm very much living on the side of positivity!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
4 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

Be sure to feel back with the update...I can't be going in the mod thread..if it goes pear shaped then its the end of the world in there and in these testing times I'm very much living on the side of positivity!!

will do ill keep it brief if it doesn't go to plan for cold.....

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

will do ill keep it brief if it doesn't go to plan for cold.....

Oh I don't mind of it doesn't go to plan...just the over top dramatic meltdown that winter is over posts and the knives being out in the thread does my head in

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, blackrose73 said:

Seems to be dying out here now. Definitely a nice surprise though. This last month has been incredibly difficult for me as my mum passed away two days before Christmas. So these snow events have really helped to cheer me up a little. Let's hope we have a few more, still plenty of winter left.

Sorry to hear that mate Must be extremely tough to work through that at these times - all my thoughts with you! As you say, fingers crossed for some more pleasant surprises. I get the feeling there may be!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Sleety rain here now temp up to a balmy 1.2c and dp 0.3c

Posted
32 minutes ago, blackrose73 said:

Seems to be dying out here now. Definitely a nice surprise though. This last month has been incredibly difficult for me as my mum passed away two days before Christmas. So these snow events have really helped to cheer me up a little. Let's hope we have a few more, still plenty of winter left.

Thoughts are with you during this sad time.

Lost my mother in law end of february, day before funeral we were told no cars (apart from the hearse) no flowers (raided supermarkets) and no vicar or celebrant ( son did it). then had my mother sectioned in october. She been in hospital since then until she went into isolation at a nursing home. Havent seen her. Glad to see the back of 2020

• Like 3

Posted

dont go on the mad thread.........toys being thrown out the pram. GFS still good for very cold weather from 06th Feb .......UKMO back tracks slightly from this morning runs but still okay. .....at the moment the beast in less likely next week. But cold with snow channces still on the menu.......ECM at 6pm next.

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

dont go on the mad thread.........toys being thrown out the pram. GFS still good for very cold weather from 06th Feb .......UKMO back tracks slightly from this morning runs but still okay. .....at the moment the beast in less likely next week. But cold with snow channces still on the menu.......ECM at 6pm next.

People who want the beast are people on the east coast , we happy with just getting cold and taking our chances like the UKMO.

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

I've been on these forums for years now, I used to gain a lot of knowledge from the model thread. A lot of knowledgeable people used to be very useful in there. Sadly, hardly any of them post much in there now because of all the childishness in there, and the same people every year with bipolar reactions to each and every run (even though they've been told a million times not to). This year though, I've found the sniping, trolling, and IMBYism in there worse than it's ever been!

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, PompeyFC said:

You can see just a little elevation makes a difference. Pure white in the hills above llanharan

20210131_153653.jpg

that'll be me waving on the hill lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer
17 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

Crazy isn't it? The general trend from all the models is positive from next weekend, the odds look in our favour for a cold Easterly flow to set up in the next fortnight, and yet some in there are acting as though we are in a repeat of last winter. This thread is much more friendly than the Model thread I think

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

People who want the beast are people on the east coast , we happy with just getting cold and taking our chances like the UKMO.

i know last sunday was fantastic ...will -5 850s ....thats good enough this time of year at the right time of day.....although after mid Feb may a bit more marginal. I think we will see snow again this winter not sure it will be form the beast though ........which can be just cold and dry for us anyway as you have alluded to.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, blackrose73 said:

I've been on these forums for years now, I used to gain a lot of knowledge from the model thread. A lot of knowledgeable people used to be very useful in there. Sadly, hardly any of them post much in there now because of all the childishness in there, and the same people every year with bipolar reactions to each and every run (even though they've been told a million times not to). This year though, I've found the sniping, trolling, and IMBYism in there worse than it's ever been!

I know its crazy this year as theres been alot of cold garden paths created by the models this year ........its the weather it will do what it wants! yes its disappointing when it dosent come off. but i think this winter has been a good one. If we have but one snow event every winter id be happy  

Edited by goosey007
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

Crazy isn't it? The general trend from all the models is positive from next weekend, the odds look in our favour for a cold Easterly flow to set up in the next fortnight, and yet some in there are acting as though we are in a repeat of last winter. This thread is much more friendly than the Model thread I think

yes its like peace and tranquillity in here compared to that mob!

• Like 1

Posted

Ecm rolling out about 6.....hopefully something decent to come from it!