Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Im not sure what u are looking at???   Its going to be around until 4 if not slightly longer.

Got to agree Snowy more moving in from Swest slow moving .

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Love it when we get the heavier bursts, hopefully will continue for a few more hours and stay as snow

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

Well its only been snizzle here for well over an hour as the preseli mountains have sucked up all the ppn and any accumulation is rapidly thawing out.

I am stuck under the snow shield near Newcastle Emlyn and it appears the break in ppn is getting bigger. I guess that's it for this area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow
7 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

How much do u have!!!!

Only sticking on grass and cars but not the roads or pavements 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Snowing nicely in north Cardiff. Walking by Llanishen/Thornhill. Covering grass and roofs.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
4 minutes ago, andymusic said:

video showing a "whiteout" lol - no video

Can't get it to upload properly

• Like 2

Posted

Temp here in Newport Beechwood 72mtrs asl has dropped  from 1.8 to 1.1 and still dropping , snowing heavily .

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold
42 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Think the ground is too warm, it's melting here on the road. Needs to be colder probably.

Taken late morning. I think, as many regulars have said, just too warm to stick. Not really coating the fields here either. In any case, it is still going strong here in the far south. Nice to see it. 

Posted

Currently in New Tredegar at 200m ASL, snow is struggling to stick here just seems to be melting. Only a very light dusting on the grass. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

This would gave been really good had dew points been favourable 

I don't think its so much the DP, i had a dp of -1.2c when it started snowing and still a dp of -0.5c with a temp of 0.5c. Just think we didn't get enough real cold in to cool the ground down enough for a few days before? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Should be seasonal!

Temp risen in Rhayader and all melted, but still coming down well - shame. Hills look good though. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

I don't think its so much the DP, i had a dp of -1.2c when it started snowing and still a dp of -0.5c with a temp of 0.5c. Just think we didn't get enough real cold in to cool the ground down enough for a few days before? 

it also probably would have done better coming in overnight - however i've got a pretty good layer of snow up here and it's still snowing quite heavy here too

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Woke up late this morning, due to being hungover all day yesterday! Nice surprise to wake up to. Decent covering on everything bar the roads, according to my partner there was earlier but it's melted on the roads. Looks like a good few hours of snowfall left ye though, but it's pretty light at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted

Flakes have got a lot smaller here and while still accumulating on grass / bins / some roofs, not touching pavements or roads - so assuming that won't happen today down this way. Still though, a turn up for the books - only HARMONIE / ECM really signposted this semi consistently. Nice bonus though and the third day of falling snow this year so far for me - given how wet and grizzly this month's been, that's pretty cool!