Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Just got in from doing my weekend shopping and all though its been raining on and off its bloody bitter outside and the temp is reading 4.1c must be colder than that though with the windchill factor. Tomorrow looks promising for us in Wales just waiting for Meto to update there weather warning.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, valejack said:

Just got in myself car temp reading 5 and saw gritters out in Swansea centre. Precautionary measure maybe.

Something they know that we don't? Like I said it's bitter out there and somethings got to give. Still awaiting updates from metoffice. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
11 minutes ago, valejack said:

Just got in myself car temp reading 5 and saw gritters out in Swansea centre. Precautionary measure maybe.

Just for ice from the rain we've had today, there is an ice warning in place for tomorrow but we're just out of it so just precautions, temps are due to get around freezing tonight

Edited by freeze for all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
25 minutes ago, valejack said:

They have put down way too much grit the roads are caked in it

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

This website is playing up, I keep getting errors when liking posts.

having the same closed the site and reopened seemed to fix it, spoke to soon starting to happen again

Edited by Loadsa2000
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, Loadsa2000 said:

Welcome nice first post

Thank you not sure what happened but I wasn’t able to add any text, can’t see us getting any snow tomorrow as the front doesn’t even get into Wales before it fizzles out.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Storm Emma said:

Thank you not sure what happened but I wasn’t able to add any text, can’t see us getting any snow tomorrow as the front doesn’t even get into Wales before it fizzles out.

Welcome. Only the Met Office model has it missing us. We'll see what the ECM is showing later.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Welcome. Only the Met Office model has it missing us. We'll see what the ECM is showing later.

I hope so mate as today was very disappointing, was hoping to see at least some falling snow but didn’t even get that, if the front does make it it should definitely fall as snow though so we’ll just have to watch the radar and hope for the best

• Like 1

Posted

met office

Sunday:

Some rain across south-western areas with perhaps some snow over the hills in south Wales. Elsewhere, largely dry with bright or sunny spells for some. Wintry showers in far north.

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

met office

Sunday:

Some rain across south-western areas with perhaps some snow over the hills in south Wales. Elsewhere, largely dry with bright or sunny spells for some. Wintry showers in far north.

I wouldn’t trust their text forecasts, their video forecasts on YouTube have been far more accurate this winter.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Storm Emma said:

I wouldn’t trust their text forecasts, their video forecasts on YouTube have been far more accurate this winter.

it does make you laugh when the met office gives different forecasts on different platforms

• Like 2

Posted

I don't think temperatures will be an issue a few miles away from the coast, but will the front make it...still not convinced.

Really hoping so, I have 2 new sleds to test out with the kids. 

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of excitement back on yet again in the mod thread,  until the next run...

Problem I always feel with the beast from the east, majority of Wales misses out on the deep snow. Then the fronts move in with the warm air from our West, hits the cold, but again Wales are on the wrong side of the line and gets rain, whilst parts of England get buried. 

Not always, but more often than not. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Gee said:

Lots of excitement back on yet again in the mod thread,  until the next run...

Problem I always feel with the beast from the east, majority of Wales misses out on the deep snow. Then the fronts move in with the warm air from our West, hits the cold, but again Wales are on the wrong side of the line and gets rain, whilst parts of England get buried. 

Not always, but more often than not. 

todays gfs 12z run had fronts embedded in the easterly which should spread the snow throughout the south of the country, in fact potentially uk wide

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, andymusic said:

todays gfs 12z run had fronts embedded in the easterly which should spread the snow throughout the south of the country, in fact potentially uk wide

See what the next few days, runs bring. Hope you're right on the money Andy. Always love your optimism in here.

• Like 1