Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
28 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

This is the latest UKV for the weekend, Sunday is just a cold cloudy day with the front failing to make any progress in land

UKV.thumb.gif.cc64d03e20ef45e8256016ab71b5f2bd.gif

I dont like the UKV.  Its not that good. 

Edited by snowy36
  • Like 3

Posted

So the rain has arrived and believe me if this was falling as ❄️ I would easily have 5 inches or more of lying snow. 

Maybe tomorrow afternoon late evening might see some transient snow, don't let that dung talk about the sun being warmer now at this time if year its Bull dung. Its only January and even February solar minimum is stii in effect.. 

Upgrades later today from metoffice I can see it happening ☺️☺️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

It's wetter than an otters pocket out there this morning.....still 13 miles should running in it will save me showering. Not holding out any hope for snow this weekend but it can all change!

Edited by dbaloo
  • Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

No snow on Sunday going off that! What a load of crap lol.

I don't really know why people thought they thought we see snow today no cold air in place. May see some snow at elevation as the front stalls and slides away .Much better chance tommorow night as front stalls further south .

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

I don't really know why people thought they thought we see snow today no cold air in place. May see some snow at elevation as the front stalls and slides away .Much better chance tommorow night as front stalls further south .

Depends where you live in Wales

Posted
32 minutes ago, Ian Price said:

Depends where you live in Wales

Those up north should see see some snow given a dusting tommorow ,with us down south seeing more of wet snow.

Screenshot_20210130-074427_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

See now rain turning to Sleet/snow over North Wales as expected .Front stalling before sliding away south east.

Screenshot_20210130-075757_Chrome.jpg

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Snowing here, very light but steady.  Fire lit, a definite pyjama day!

315F990E-41E2-4F7C-8007-FCBF53D6B64B.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Snowing here, very light but steady.  Fire lit, a definite pyjama day!

315F990E-41E2-4F7C-8007-FCBF53D6B64B.jpeg

Nice GfS spot on

• Like 1

Posted

Moderate snow here, heavy at times. 40 mph winds making it blizzard conditions at times, large drifts forming

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

Would love the ECM to be right about tomorrow:

image.thumb.png.8fa9ebd62d2c017ecd7fd8bedb5b5934.pngimage.thumb.png.975ac1d58ec6780e9f4b028b07813fc6.png 

It actually did well last week! UKV disagrees Fingers crossed it's wrong

UKV.thumb.gif.d72ce08b964e087c3a6391c365b80cb5.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Wet and windy at times out there this morning. A cold wind aswell but it brightened up at times as well. Would anyone be kind enough to give me a brief lowdown of the possible weather for the week ahead. Thanks in advance 

Posted
5 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

Wet and windy at times out there this morning. A cold wind aswell but it brightened up at times as well. Would anyone be kind enough to give me a brief lowdown of the possible weather for the week ahead. Thanks in advance 

Almost rain every day I'm afraid quite mild10c Turning colder but dry Thusday Friday day time tempretures 3 to 5c with sharp frosts at night.DRY at last!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Main rain band cleared and we have had some brightness but further light showers every now and then. Temperature a steady 7C with a keen easterly wind. So colder than yesterday at this point.

Posted

So some models have various amounts of snow tomorrow for those of us in the south west, but others have it barely reaching Wales at all.  Will be interesting to see what actually happens.  I for one will be up radar watching in the morning.  
Hopefully those of you further north and east will get something out of today’s front, which seems to have stalled now and should move back south this afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Pembs458 said:

So some models have various amounts of snow tomorrow for those of us in the south west, but others have it barely reaching Wales at all.  Will be interesting to see what actually happens.  I for one will be up radar watching in the morning.  
Hopefully those of you further north and east will get something out of today’s front, which seems to have stalled now and should move back south this afternoon.

I agree, someone will have an egg on their face lol. It's the met office against most models then.

Posted

Think today is fairly well a dud across the board anyway. Just cold rain here in the west mids, and i have a friend near Hay-on-wye saying its not really settling with her either, above 250m seems to be a different story?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I agree, someone will have an egg on their face lol. It's the met office against most models then.

Yes it’s weird how the UKV has the front dismantle and fall away to the south I would have thought it would pep up a bit coming across the Irish Sea before sliding south. I’m plumping on the Harmonie for this one it was almost bang on with last weeks event. 

• Like 2