Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I'm just south of the warning lol you couldn't make it up.

Same here Jay. Just needs to drop another 50 miles. Their automated forecast shows heavy rain for here. Still hoping, but not expecting.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Gee said:

Same here Jay. Just needs to drop another 50 miles. Their automated forecast shows heavy rain for here. Still hoping, but not expecting.

Sunday snow prospects much better for SWales front stalls over Brecon so colder air drawn in from the north and mild sector remains to the south.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
3 minutes ago, WINTRY WALES said:

Any good links for finding elevation??

thumbnail.jpg?e131
EN-GB.TOPOGRAPHIC-MAP.COM

Wales, United Kingdom - Free topographic maps visualization and sharing.

• Thanks 1

Posted

At some point this weekend, most likely Sunday, I think snow will fall on the coastal plain in Southeast Wales (the further west of the Vale you go, the less likely that becomes). As for tomorrow, rain progressively turning to sleet and snow seems likely from Caerphilly, Taff's Well, VoG, Bridgend etc. northwards, obviously with the earlier the transition and greater depths the further north and the more elevation you have.

• Like 2

Posted
37 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I'm around 100m or just below. Blackwood is just north of Caerphilly and they're down for heavy snow.

Got me as 158m here in penyrheol 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

I also miss out by a matter of miles on Monday

I can literally see the bypass up to Blackwood from my window, so frustrating it could be that close and get rain here

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I'm just south of the warning lol you couldn't make it up.

But in the written part areas covered for Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday and Wednesday

Wales

Blaenau Gwent

Bridgend

Caerphilly

Carmarthenshire

Ceredigion

Conwy

Denbighshire

Gwynedd

Merthyr Tydfil

Monmouthshire

Neath Port Talbot

Powys

Rhondda Cynon Taf

Torfaen

Wrexham

Edited by Loadsa2000
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
5 minutes ago, hmarkd1974 said:

I can literally see the bypass up to Blackwood from my window, so frustrating it could be that close and get rain here

I shall throw a snowball down the valley ...all jokes aside it may correct southwards again of the next 24 hours and blackwood may be marginal so I wouldn't get to despondent just yet!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

No weather warning for Sunday but pretty much the same area for mon tues and weds for snow and ice again so u guys in the warning could b digging your way out next week lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

This kind of set up could produce up to a foot of snow across the highest ground of Wales i wouldnt be suprised to see some blizzard conditions persisting on the brecon beacons. For coastal areas esp south wales its looking more like rain and sleet

Posted
25 minutes ago, Loadsa2000 said:

But in the written part areas covered

Wales

Blaenau Gwent

Bridgend

Caerphilly

Carmarthenshire

Ceredigion

Conwy

Denbighshire

Gwynedd

Merthyr Tydfil

Monmouthshire

Neath Port Talbot

Powys

Rhondda Cynon Taf

Torfaen

Wrexham

Just to clear this up, the written part of the warning information includes all parts of counties which are included, even if just a tiny part of that county is part of the warning zone itself. For example, in Caerphilly county, only the around Rhymney could be a part of a warning zone but not the rest of the county. Even so, in the written part of the warning, Caerphilly county as a whole will be included. If it's confusing for us, imagine how it must be for those in Powys: it stretches all the way from near Swansea right up to near Wrexham. All it would take for confusion to reign would be for just the area near Swansea to be part of a warning zone, yet you could still have people near Wrexham not familiar with how the warnings work expecting snow!

I think the Met Office needs an overhaul of their warning system because at times, especially when there are multiple overlapping warnings concurrently, it can be as clear as mud for casual users of the site.

6 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Looking good Wales !!

Have to confess I've always had a soft spot for the Welsh, they were very very welcoming to Poles after World War 2.( I'm polish heritage).

I used to go a place called Penrhos   back in the 70s and 80s , little Poland as we called it.

Anyway, good luck guys hope to see some pics over the coming days...

Thank you for these kind words, they made me smile. For a long time the Welsh have been stereotyped as hostile to outsiders, switching to Cymraeg when an English speaker enters a pub and whatnot, but I don't think that could be further from the truth.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1