Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Sat and Sunday’s events are sliders with forcing from the wedge of heights to the north 

Tuesday is a SW-NE event as the fronts plough through 

Posted
1 minute ago, JamesL said:

Not a fan of that model tbh 

The hi-res ECM pretty much nailed the last one. I’d stick to that personally but it’s always nice to see the others fall into line as the event approaches 

We all like different ones , i think hermonie has improved massively this winter. I think the ecm and hermonie are showing the same thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms
Just now, snowy36 said:

We all like different ones , i think hermonie has improved massively this winter. I think the ecm and hermonie are showing the same thing.

That’s positive

• Like 2

Posted

Just need it to drop the cold air another 100 miles South. 

Not to much to ask for, over the next 24 hours?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!

770141565_Screenshot_20210128-224021_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ad5692c1a38908bf2ac5b000f1b8a2c3.jpgheavy rain 6 degrees on beeb then you have harmonie saying 10cm ....euro 4 above showing 6 hours of snow wtf still no clue...though I will say the trend is south corrections as we get closer to the event.....ps 18z pubrun just came up with an insane run for cold with more snow on sat 06th....never known so many snow opportunities in one winter !....2009/10 prob

Edited by goosey007
  • Like 3

Posted
17 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Surely we'll see the warnings move further South tomorrow? Chances are though they'll remain unchanged.

I think it’s gonna be a non event for most of wales/the mids to be honest, I’ve got a bad feeling, aside from the highest spots in the Brecons; even with my Midlands tinted glasses on

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

I think it’s gonna be a non event for most of wales/the mids to be honest, I’ve got a bad feeling, aside from the highest spots in the Brecons; even with my Midlands tinted glasses on

Well im going to disagree 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

I don’t think our snow chances will come on Saturday or Sunday (except high ground). Currently observing a potential trough early hours of Monday which will likely produce snow if we get it 

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, Panayiotis said:

I don’t think our snow chances will come on Saturday or Sunday (except high ground). Currently observing a potential trough early hours of Monday which will likely produce snow if we get it 

I agree. I've just had a look and it's showing heavy rain for here tomorrow and then rain on Sunday. I guess that's it done and dusted.

Posted

just saw forecast on bbc1 and matt showed and said snow for wales and south england tomorrow after rain to start then quite a big band of snow for wales on sunday he did say may change a bit but to keep watching so even now a day before it has not been pinned down yet

Edited by butters
  • Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Looking good Wales !!

Have to confess I've always had a soft spot for the Welsh, they were very very welcoming to Poles after World War 2.( I'm polish heritage).

I used to go a place called Penrhos   back in the 70s and 80s , little Poland as we called it.

Anyway, good luck guys hope to see some pics over the coming days...

Cheers NW...hopefully you can visit again soon!

Do you think the whole of Wales mate?? How’s the weekend shaping up for us as you see it mate?

• Like 1

Posted

Well ECW now pushes it through a lot quicker than it was showing for tomorrow , not good news for us but more chances going forward . The beast is still on. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Well ECW now pushes it through a lot quicker than it was showing for tomorrow , not good news for us but more chances going forward . The beast is still on. 

Sunday looks more promising. BBC seem to think a warning may be issued.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

So I take it we are still no clearer this morning as to what may happen this weekend? ?‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, dbaloo said:

So I take it we are still no clearer this morning as to what may happen this weekend? ?‍♂️

Going by the BBC, any snow will be on high ground. To be honest we're better off just looking out the window. I'm expecting rain all weekend anyway as it doesn't seem cold enough.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, WINTRY WALES said:

Cheers NW...hopefully you can visit again soon!

Do you think the whole of Wales mate?? How’s the weekend shaping up for us as you see it mate?

One day I hope ...

I'm not sure who is the sweet spot mate, fingers crossed as many as possible hit the jackpot ...

• Like 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Sunday looks more promising. BBC seem to think a warning may be issued.

Saturday looks like rain/sleet but as the front stalls colder air digs in from the North ,turning the precipitation to sleet/snow before sliding away south.Sunday a better chance of seeing some snow as colder air is already in place ,sleet/ wet snow should be seen by all.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

This weekend won't b the same as last weekend, it will b a lot more marginal for most of us, we may c falling snow but it won't cause any disruption unless your on higher ground say 200m +

Always subject to change and it does for the better but im not feeling this 1 at all 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

UKV's take on things - Saturday:

UKV.thumb.gif.bd79fad430420140691537cd5bd308dd.gif image.thumb.png.d007874c156a5cf43c67334a435f3cc1.png

Sunday:

image.thumb.png.fc552cd73d4feaddf0fd0078bb70a560.pngimage.thumb.png.c9370b73e59c3eb116f814fc58f3b0f7.png 

Tuesday:

image.thumb.png.fc9c1ce7a89b71aa85c927720bd5d4e6.pngimage.thumb.png.c659748c5dd7b382f82fe9fd66ca884a.png 

At the moment Tuesday looking the best bet for widespread snowfall

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
1 hour ago, mattrout92 said:

UKV's take on things - Saturday:

UKV.thumb.gif.bd79fad430420140691537cd5bd308dd.gif image.thumb.png.d007874c156a5cf43c67334a435f3cc1.png

Sunday:

image.thumb.png.fc552cd73d4feaddf0fd0078bb70a560.pngimage.thumb.png.c9370b73e59c3eb116f814fc58f3b0f7.png 

Tuesday:

image.thumb.png.fc9c1ce7a89b71aa85c927720bd5d4e6.pngimage.thumb.png.c659748c5dd7b382f82fe9fd66ca884a.png 

At the moment Tuesday looking the best bet for widespread snowfall

Where did Tuesday spring from???  Nice little surprise that