Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

Here's the 15Z UKV for Saturday:

UKV.thumb.gif.63ee782d2af50de5f4de3cce59975bda.gifimage.thumb.png.40ecc0c66ace515c5d957958a785507d.png 

Edited by mattrout92

Posted
44 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Could end up being a Wales and the SW event at this rate.

Slush fest comes to mind .This is more marginal than last week's snow.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted

The time of the day that worries me , i think the temps look slightly lower than they looked and the odds has come in for south wales but i think it needs to come south a bit more. U never know.

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

The time of the day that worries me , i think the temps look slightly lower than they looked and the odds has come in for south wales but i think it needs to come south a bit more. U never know.

At least even in the heavier burst we see snow as evaporating cooling occurs with the heavier bursts.

• Like 1

Posted

Not overly confident on this system on Saturday, but plenty of time for southward corrections yet, so fingers crossed. If it becomes a consistent trend over the next few runs it may end up being very interesting. As it stands now, nothing much to be terribly excited about south of the heads of the valleys imo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!

Any body else confused about the weekends snow scenario? It keeps changing with every run model I look at.....common sense tells me I'll see snow falling but not settling .....just feels on the wrong side of marginal. ....

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, goosey007 said:

Any body else confused about the weekends snow scenario? It keeps changing with every run model I look at.....common sense tells me I'll see snow falling but not settling .....just feels on the wrong side of marginal. ....

It's going to change alot between now and Saturday. The forecast for here is going for heavy snow and then sleet on Saturday morning but it keeps changing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
9 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

It's going to change alot between now and Saturday. The forecast for here is going for heavy snow and then sleet on Saturday morning but it keeps changing.

Heavy rain and 6 degrees on the beeb in risca.......but that dosent match the graphics ! Crazy 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

I suppose one benefit of it being so marginal is that a lot of us might see some very big snowflakes for a while  even if it doesn’t settle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

An exciting weekend end coming up

As expected the models are slowly correcting south

The best chances for nationwide snow are growing on Sunday now as temps even in the Capital will struggle just a few degrees above freezing 

Saturday will depend more on elevation than Sunday but somewhere along the Heads of the Valleys should score on both days with Saturdays snow topped up nicely on Sunday before later Monday we see a thaw set in 

Then it looks by the following weekend temps take another dive with the snow risk increasing again 

Mark my word I think the warning area will start to edge south esp for Sunday’s event 

All in all a very exciting few days coming up! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer
1 minute ago, Bartlett High said:

Interesting

20210128_213815.jpg

Definitely interesting, it's not the only model showing that either for next weekend. Think February could be an interesting month

image.thumb.png.a8dfe13dc91810ba5b43afe6f30f7725.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
4 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

Definitely interesting, it's not the only model showing that either for next weekend. Think February could be an interesting month

image.thumb.png.a8dfe13dc91810ba5b43afe6f30f7725.png

Indeed! I said earlier Sth.Wales would only see rain this weekend, I would gladly like to be proved wrong here. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Bartlett High said:

Indeed! I said earlier Sth.Wales would only see rain this weekend, I would gladly like to be proved wrong here. 

I think you’ll be swayed by close of play tomorrow

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

You reckon we'll see decent snowfall mate?

More places in S Wales will see snow later on Sunday overnight into Monday 

It won’t be crisp and even, rather slushy and transient and on sat and we may have to rely on evaporative cooling more than on Sunday away from 150m asl where snow will fall widely on sat 

But we all know that knife edge snow events surprise even the pros and they can also provide quite severe conditions very quickly. I’ve seen heavy rain with flooded roads turn to heavy settling snow which laid down 6” in just a few hours when I lived in Kent. 5 miles away the Precip stayed as rain. Crazy!!

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, JamesL said:

More places in S Wales will see snow later on Sunday overnight into Monday 

It won’t be crisp and even, rather slushy and transient and on sat and we may have to rely on evaporative cooling more than on Sunday away from 150m asl where snow will fall widely on sat 

But we all know that knife edge snow events surprise even the pros and they can also provide quite severe conditions very quickly. I’ve seen heavy rain with flooded roads turn to heavy settling snow which laid down 6” in just a few hours when I lived in Kent. 5 miles away the Precip stayed as rain. Crazy!!

Lets see if we have another upgrade on harmonie tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Lets see if we have another upgrade on harmonie tonight.

Not a fan of that model tbh 

The hi-res ECM pretty much nailed the last one. I’d stick to that personally but it’s always nice to see the others fall into line as the event approaches 

Posted
7 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

A interesting one for tuesday , i dont like the Icon model though. Its a bit rubbish.

icon.JPG

It would be a blink and you miss it type of event