Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
1 minute ago, JamesL said:

If you look North and play the radar loop as the low moves away expect that blob up near the N of ireland to be pulled this way 

2561565A-048F-4B77-BBDC-94151B43623B.png

More snow likely do you think? I don't think any has melted yet which is good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

BE2618D8-2729-40A1-BAD6-726E6A2E1E42_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.528c42a5b943a63874efa789269d4210.jpeg  DA02FA70-EC89-48D9-B69D-F37AC9694E1D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.61aa78ae7760b164729703db8a2a7a31.jpeg

Make sure you get out and enjoy it, a good two or three inches here!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Seems to b a bit of an organised band heading our way from the South West that hopefully may top up a little bit

• Like 2

Posted

The northernmost part of the front has now stalled just off the North Wales coast; expect the rest of the front currently over the Midlands to do so soon and then slowly pull back south, losing some intensity as it does so. Meanwhile, a cluster of showers are moving roughly eastwards from Pembrokeshire. These may also lose some intensity, but regardless, with quite a bit of precipitation still around today, a further 2-3 cm in places is not out of the question.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

The northernmost part of the front has now stalled just off the North Wales coast; expect the rest of the front currently over the Midlands to do so soon and then slowly pull back south, losing some intensity as it does so. Meanwhile, a cluster of showers are moving roughly eastwards from Pembrokeshire. These may also lose some intensity, but regardless, with quite a bit of precipitation still around today, a further 2-3 cm in places is not out of the question.

Those showers look heavy but is it marginal for snow now? I'm thinking on low ground.

Posted

Showers heading into Pembrokeshire now, I wonder what will fall out of the sky.  Only a light covering here this morning, but beautiful non the less. 

56A99A05-DA12-43CC-98E7-22454C5BA25A.jpeg

FE226ED1-01C4-483D-B111-5DFF48E0FE29.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
18 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Those showers look heavy but is it marginal for snow now? I'm thinking on low ground.

I imagine they'll fall as snow above 100 m or so. Sorry, I know that gives no certainty for you down in Caerphilly!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
7 hours ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Well done and I feel so happy for you. BOOOOOOOM more to come enjoy. I stayed up to long now so I need sleep. I shall be looking every hour or so though. ?️?️

Hope you got a good pasting! All gone here now. A little on the edges of the fields. 

❄️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Finally, a decent covering of snow here in balmy Sir Benfro.   About 4-5cm is all but it’s the best fall we’ve had for at least 5 years.  Makes everything look so beautiful though, I can’t help wishing we had more like this.....

E929ABEA-B8F0-4318-88AD-53C07039B548.thumb.jpeg.1745660dc3d8ff5012972457157968ca.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Moderate snow falling all morning here, piling up on the existing snow from the past few days. It froze hard last night too.

Posted

Well im happy with what we had, lets hope Feb can bring us even better.

I think later on around 4ish some people might get some snow showers, hit and miss from now on.  On another note the midlanders were wrong its going to pivot over my wife in crewe 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Models indicating some possible surprises from next Friday. It’s a long shot but keeping an eye on it. 
We got snow for most places except the coasts under -4c 850hpa - although marginal you just need a good airflow to drop those dewpoints to below 0c

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Panayiotis said:

Models indicating some possible surprises from next Friday. It’s a long shot but keeping an eye on it. 
We got snow for most places except the coasts under -4c 850hpa - although marginal you just need a good airflow to drop those dewpoints to below 0c

How much did u get in cardiff!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Great pics guys. Overall we got an inch of snow here but it was very wet. The view from my window shows further inland they had a good 3-4" though!

• Like 2

Posted

I've just seen the charts on ECW and is the russian/scandi high making appearance,now that would making it a fun feb  The great thing about this winter the cold is never that far away from our shores so it only takes a bit of luck and we back in.

Edited by snowy36

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Anyone elses snow melting a bit? The snow seems powdery so no good for a snowman!

The mist has just  descended in my valley so that will keep it colder, we've not had much melt so far.

• Like 1