Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
10 minutes ago, andymusic said:

we were spoilt only just under two years ago with the amazing bfte which dropped huge drifts here - a few cms is better than nothing but will come up a little short against that episode

We weren’t spoilt here, the Beast from the east was the biggest let down that I have witnessed on this forum IMBY of course. This event now will produce more snow here than the beast did. ( Again IMBY) 

But I am confident although the track may seem further NE it isn’t that far out, cold, dense air over Wales compared to ROI will slow it right down. I said earlier that I don’t expect it to make much inroads past Wales’ border, and I still stand by that! It’s currently -4.9 here after a minimum of -5.8 it’s definitely going to snow folks, absolutely no doubt at all! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Really hope we get something from this! I cannot remember the last time I saw decent accumulated snow! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

Met office is still showing rain for here. It hasn't been updated since 10PM, though. Hope I don't wake up to total disappointment.

Posted

Looking at Wundermaps weather stations around Pembrokeshire coasts (Pembroke, Tenby etc.) the temp has flown up 4-5c+ over the last hour or two as the cloud pushes in... 

Shame really, it's looking like rain/sleet for southern coastal areas judging by this. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

10cm maybe, high peeps, just popped in from the south east thread, terribly snow starved

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
2 minutes ago, LJ1224 said:

Met office is still showing rain for here. It hasn't been updated since 10PM, though. Hope I don't wake up to total disappointment.

Mine has gone from 4 hrs of heavy snow, to sleet then back to heavy snow and now snow sleet and fog so I wouldn't worry about the automated forecasts. Just look out the window in the morning and hopefully its white

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
Just now, freeze for all said:

Mine has gone from 4 hrs of heavy snow, to sleet then back to heavy snow and now snow sleet and fog so I wouldn't worry about the automated forecasts. Just look out the window in the morning and hopefully its white

Mine has gone from heavy snow ❄ to a small shower followed by a rendition of YMCA by the village people.........in other words pay no attention to these apps....they're dung!

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Bartlett High said:

Mine has gone from heavy snow ❄ to a small shower followed by a rendition of YMCA by the village people.........in other words pay no attention to these apps....they're dung!

yep - all based on computer models that with this sort of event "couldn't pin the tail on a donkey - and that's without a blindfold" lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but wind & rain
4 minutes ago, swales said:

Looking at Wundermaps weather stations around Pembrokeshire coasts (Pembroke, Tenby etc.) the temp has flown up 4-5c+ over the last hour or two as the cloud pushes in... 

Shame really, it's looking like rain/sleet for southern coastal areas judging by this. 

its gone from -3 to -0.2 since the cloud has rolled over the precipitation is 10 miles away so expect a 3 degrees rise unless your on top of a hill

Posted

Was - 3.8 here just oven an hour ago dropped now to - 3.2 ground is sparkling in heavy Frost and gritters are out in force so all in all looking cooshty Bring it on about time we seen some falling Heavy snow ?️?️

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

Well its turning to snow so thats good. 

on radar or do you have a report in from someone?

Posted
Just now, Richard Fisher said:

Popped in from the SW thread. Just had a nap and it appears worst of the snow heading towards the midlands now as further north is this true?

still coming in Wales' direction - no change there

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Can confirm from a low of -1.8C earlier now the temperature is rocketing now 0.5C

Posted
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

still coming in Wales' direction - no change there

Not true, they are biased as they want it all. We will come of the best as it will move more south east and pivot

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Just looking at the radar like everyone else 

net weather radar works things out mathematically - not what is actually happening in that area - so when it says sleet it could be snowing and visa versa

Posted
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

net weather radar works things out mathematically - not what is actually happening in that area - so when it says sleet it could be snowing and visa versa

Yes its not been the best this winter , if its says sleet then its normally been snow this winter.

• Like 1