Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
2 hours ago, LJ1224 said:

100 miles adjustments west and Wales are in the mix.Already some adjustments Saturday could be interesting.

Screenshot_20210113-110301_Chrome.jpg

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, keithlucky said:

100 miles adjustments west and Wales are in the mix.Already some adjustments Saturday could be interesting.

Screenshot_20210113-110301_Chrome.jpg

We need to push precipitation west we can do it lol.After all the to do in model thread panic ,of me God ! flush my head down the toilet.The models show a N easterly flow setting in the end of next week with snow at times no worries about what type pp, The flow is from the baltic .with average temperatures of -5c atm.

Screenshot_20210113-165731_Chrome.jpg

Edited by keithlucky
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
2 hours ago, keithlucky said:

We need to push precipitation west we can do it lol.After all the to do in model thread panic ,of me God ! flush my head down the toilet.The models show a N easterly flow setting in the end of next week with snow at times no worries about what type pp, The flow is from the baltic .with average temperatures of -5c atm.

Screenshot_20210113-165731_Chrome.jpg

With temps forecast around 7c there is no chance of snow Saturday for our part of the uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.

Derek's forecast tonight about as exciting as a fart in a spacesuit tbh for the next week anyway. 

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Not a chance of snow all week and to be honest doesn't look that promising for next week.

next week a long time in "weather time" - by the general model scheme of things the greeny high should be well in place by next week and then things will open up again to the cold properly

Posted
25 minutes ago, Bartlett High said:

Derek's forecast tonight about as exciting as a fart in a spacesuit tbh for the next week anyway. 

Dont you mean wet fart in a milk bottle. Next week is the time to get our hopes up. Also I don't like Dereks forecast. Its like watching wet paint dry. Nosda shami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
10 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Dont you mean wet fart in a milk bottle. Next week is the time to get our hopes up. Also I don't like Dereks forecast. Its like watching wet paint dry. Nosda shami

Yes, Behnaz much better.....especially with those uppers!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:
121903750_842539802982900_26408542326946
M.FACEBOOK.COM

The wintry theme looks set to continue for parts of the UK into next week ?️❄️ Here's the latest 10 Day Trend with a look at the weather a little...

4 hours ago, andymusic said:

yep - gfs 12z and next week we become part of scandinavia - the new brexit lol

image.thumb.png.eb4ceb50ce0853f128a905788e31ec2e.png

Very interesting outlook Andy just need a bit of luck to be in the sweet spot come middle of the week ,this N easterly has be caused by strat warming ,this looks like a 3to 5 day event with this L.P. Sitting and supplying outbreaks of snow at times Across Uk Can the strat warming over North Russian next weekend, cause Hp over The Baltic  to then take over.

• Like 1

Posted

Well a fortnight ago, I was full of optimism about our chances through January - but really we should have known better. The way models have trended and look going forward, we're now probably waiting on some sort of further stratospheric impact, otherwise this could end up being the most frustrating winter in a while - was it Feb 2012 there was an easterly that seemed to just stop at the border? So close, but so far. Still, least it looks like the north and east of the UK are in for some fun tomorrow and Saturday. Not jealous. Not jealous at all. 

• Like 4

Posted
27 minutes ago, andymusic said:
121903750_842539802982900_26408542326946
M.FACEBOOK.COM

The wintry theme looks set to continue for parts of the UK into next week ?️❄️ Here's the latest 10 Day Trend with a look at the weather a little...

Looks like the north and east of the uk should do well from that forecast but not us unfortunately 

• Like 1

Posted

Fascinating today, we've got highs of 9 or 10c with rain and about 150 miles away they have highs of 1c and heavy snow. 

• Like 3

Posted

Have to admit that things look a bit underwhelming at the moment after the excitement of a few days, especially the further south and west you are in the UK (and that includes Wales). However, it's worth remembering that historically Wales has tended to benefit more than most other places from the scenarios being modelled.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Quite glad of a snow break at the moment, and happy that other parts of uk getting snow.  We will no doubt get some again before winter is over.

• Like 1

Posted

Another polar vortex split today another vortex split n a week expect world weather to be crazy vortex smashed to pieces.

Screenshot_20210114-192527_Chrome.jpg

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Honestly I despair with some people. Just been reading in the moaning thread and the amount of 'winters over,  ' next winter for snow' is unreal. It will all probably change in a few days. How can you predict something that is constantly changing? One thing I have learnt the last few weeks is that reading the models is a complete waste of time and your life. People read what they want into them. Basically if its forecast over 5 days away it will probably change. 

Posted
7 hours ago, Coilspring said:

Honestly I despair with some people. Just been reading in the moaning thread and the amount of 'winters over,  ' next winter for snow' is unreal. It will all probably change in a few days. How can you predict something that is constantly changing? One thing I have learnt the last few weeks is that reading the models is a complete waste of time and your life. People read what they want into them. Basically if its forecast over 5 days away it will probably change. 

Nobody can predict no more than 3 days in advance unless  you got a big fat HP sitting on the UK.Even the met are saying may turn colder Thursday lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

The models have been quite poor for our region over the last few days, but I still think we have a good chance of something like this around the last week of January/ first week of Feb

GFS6Z.thumb.png.946cdb00fad42e0ac1b1174e176737f2.png

GFS6ZDepth.thumb.png.1c91d73cc9b7ecd62d2f0f21e965470e.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer
27 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

The models have been quite poor for our region over the last few days, but I still think we have a good chance of something like this around the last week of January/ first week of Feb

GFS6Z.thumb.png.946cdb00fad42e0ac1b1174e176737f2.png

GFS6ZDepth.thumb.png.1c91d73cc9b7ecd62d2f0f21e965470e.png

Oh if only this was this weekend coming as it’s to far out to be sure but fingers crossed  

• Like 1

Posted

Very cold today. Caught me by surprise as I haven’t been keeping up with the forecast lately. 
Another notable factor is how calm it is, not a breath of wind. Been looking into the garden for a good 10 minutes (avoiding work) and, apart from the odd wren and black bird, not a thing has moved. 

Posted
37 minutes ago, Weather roller-coaster said:

Do you think winter is going to be a nother bust again been for my local walk in the park daffodil are in bud already 

can't say that - we have until march even april can produce notable snow events and usually the coldest month of all february to get through yet

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

can't say that - we have until march even april can produce notable snow events and usually the coldest month of all february to get through yet

That's true and we all remember that blizzard on 1st March.

• Like 1