Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
Just now, keithlucky said:

If we had the heavy pp which was forecasted and is still forecasted we have a good covering.

sheffield and yorkshire have nicked it all lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Missed out today in the South but I willing to sacrifice it for 3 ft of battle ground snow at the start of next week

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, dbaloo said:

Missed out today in the South but I willing to sacrifice it for 3 ft of battle ground snow at the start of next week

depends where the battle ends up - but yes 3ft plus is much better than a sprinkling

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

If we had the heavy pp which was forecasted and is still forecasted we have a good covering.

What really weird the pp isn't moving just sitting there ,or is the radar bust just lol.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

I think today is case in point that the 'Harmonie Snow Predictions' for Wales are at best Cachu Tarw! We woke up to a dusting and have had some light flurries, but if you would believe the harmonie, we were actually least favoured in West Wales to have anything, yet it looks to me that West Wales did far better than most of South Wales for precipitation. 

The harmonie model has burnt my hopes far too many times for me to even consider taking it seriously any more. 

Ymlaen at Narnia Wythnos nesaf - falch o weld y Gogledd yn cael tipyn o eira cofiwch!

Edited by Cymro
  • Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Cymro said:

I think today is case in point that the 'Harmonie Snow Predictions' for Wales are at best Cachu Tarw! We woke up to a dusting and have had some light flurries, but if you would believe the harmonie, we were actually least favoured in West Wales to have anything, yet it looks to me that West Wales did far better than most of South Wales for precipitation. 

The harmonie model has burnt my hopes far to many times for me to even consider taking it seriously any more. 

wasn't just the harmonie that got it wrong - the bbc and meto screwed up too - so something prevented all that potential wintriness from moving south west as it should have

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
18 minutes ago, andymusic said:

gfs parallel giving wales the 30cms we all deserve

image.png.4beee6b6b36e2a2679c68e647eb50d06.png

See I said it was coming

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, andymusic said:

wasn't just the harmonie that got it wrong - the bbc and meto screwed up too - so something prevented all that potential wintriness from moving south west as it should have

That's not strictly true of the Met Office to be fair they haven't made much of this snow at all in forecast and the warning for most of Wales away from high ground was for ice, so I think the metoffice were pretty close to the mark. Agree with the BBC still indicating snow moving south. 

It's currently snizzling here but nothing more than that. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
32 minutes ago, Cymro said:

That's not strictly true of the Met Office to be fair they haven't made much of this snow at all in forecast and the warning for most of Wales away from high ground was for ice, so I think the metoffice were pretty close to the mark. Agree with the BBC still indicating snow moving south. 

It's currently snizzling here but nothing more than that. 

Totally agree with u I think meto have been spot on for wales, if u also read the matrix on the warnings that came out they were all unlikely or low impact which has been right. What I will say about this cold spell tho is it came in like a lamb, left like a lamb and didn't change in the middle either lol. We had a few clear days which was excellent but most of it has been grey skies and temps around 3-4c so tbh I'm glad to c the back of it and hope for something better further on down the line

Edited by freeze for all
  • Like 4

Posted
18 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Totally agree with u I think meto have been spot on for wales, if u also read the matrix on the warnings that came out they were all unlikely or low impact which has been right. What I will say about this cold spell tho is it came in like a lamb, left like a lamb and didn't change in the middle either lol. We had a few clear days which was excellent but most of it has been grey skies and temps around 3-4c so tbh I'm glad to c the back of it and hope for something better further on down the line

You can,t have there app lol. Go to there precipitation in your area, ,or go to other threads precipitation app is useless.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winter, Hot Summer

Snowed on and off since lunchtime here. Some heavyish. Total accumulation? 0.0cm

Posted

Onto the next chance which is building, but again 10 plus days away so not holding out for much...but hoping for a good few inches! Will be about time for us all.

10 days of snow dances coming up.

If by the end of January nothing comes, then on a personal note I will be looking forwards more than 10 days away, to a warm spring and hot summer. With it the end of lockdown and BBQs a plenty with friends and family we haven't been able to see for pretty much a year. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
7 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

You can,t have there app lol. Go to there precipitation in your area, ,or go to other threads precipitation app is useless.

I have got the app but never take notice of the precipitation anymore, none of them r any good but the best I find is xc weather but that has its moments as well. Its all live radar for me

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

That's a good point what prevented it from moving south???

Posted
31 minutes ago, suxer said:

That's a good point what prevented it from moving south???

More than likely the topography of Wales sucking all energy out of the front and pressure high to the south west. 

Posted

Snow falling most of the day here, its pretty deep now added to yesterdays and last weeks snow falls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.

The valleys 2010....be nice to see scenes like this again......maybe soon?

Snapchat-2136058134.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Coilspring said:

Is that Wednesday in 10 days time? Everything is in 10 days time. Never materialises though.

Ye, will probably be cold rain. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coilspring said:

Is that Wednesday in 10 days time? Everything is in 10 days time. Never materialises though.

No that's Wednesday 13th January.... the date is on the chart. 

Very unlikely to happen even so.

Looks wet and a slight warm up for mid week. With cold air close by to our north east.

• Like 1