Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Lovely morning here cold and crisp, dusting of snow and moderate to light snow showers on and off since about 1am last night. This is what lower uppers does and a slightly cooler Irish sea. Has anyone got the charts that show sea surface temperatures? Guaranteed they have dropped since Sunday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Very frosty and icy morning after a low of -1.4c last night, nice to see some proper frosty conditions! Shame to say thats our lowest temperature all winter though, which isn't low really. 

Now, wheres those snow showers, stop avoiding me lol

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Very frosty and icy morning after a low of -1.4c last night, nice to see some proper frosty conditions! Shame to say thats our lowest temperature all winter though, which isn't low really. 

Now, wheres those snow showers, stop avoiding me lol

Heading your way most dodge swansea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots and Lots of Snow!

Decent size bits of snow falling at the moment in Tycroes, doesn't look like it will last long unfortunately

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
23 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Heading your way most dodge swansea

Mountains will probably sap them, temp rising quickly now 2.2c so will be cold rain so don't want them unless its snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

Hello everyone, hope you all had a good Christmas.

Not been here for a while so just checking in.

I am now back living in the Preselli's in Pembrokeshire (around 200m above sea level) and can confirm that we had snow in our area at around 3 to 4am this morning  giving a 1cm or 2 light covering of snow.

Activity seems to be increasing out in the Irish sea so hopefully (fingers crossed) will see some more snoiwfall later today.

Posted

Snow showers in the Swansea valley today, settling above 200 m, but a sprinkling on the valley floor overnight.  Happy new year all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.

Can't see any roads to snowy nirvana in the foreseeable tbh....overall synoptics gradually being watered-down with each day that passes, and anything good always day 10.

Posted
2 hours ago, dyl232 said:

Will this be heading our way?

68C0C750-C1B9-45DE-9B97-F6052FE1A6D7.png

The front over Scotland will. But the upper air will be slightly warmer, and dew points above 0 so snow only on hills, inland I would think.

Posted
45 minutes ago, Ian Price said:

The front over Scotland will. But the upper air will be slightly warmer, and dew points above 0 so snow only on hills, inland I would think.

i think it will miss us. looks like it is rotating over Ireland and possibly catching the South West

Posted
16 minutes ago, Loadsa2000 said:

i think it will miss us. looks like it is rotating over Ireland and possibly catching the South West

Stratospheric warming taking place causing zonal wind reversal,same thing happened when we had very cold spell at the end February to March 2018. Another warming will take place on January around the12th,in Eurasia this may cause a colder pulse of air to travel east.Uk could become very cold.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

Went to Afan on the MTB. Found a little snow, so that will do. I guess it's the best of both worlds in Port Talbot, sandwiched between the sea and the hills. Was a chilly ride, though!

IMG_20201231_165203_807.jpg

Edited by LJ1224
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Lovely bit of snow running over man moel Common down toward Rassau....shows what a bit of elevation can do

20201231_153423.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, keithlucky said:

Stratospheric warming taking place causing zonal wind reversal,same thing happened when we had very cold spell at the end February to March 2018. Another warming will take place on January around the12th,in Eurasia this may cause a colder pulse of air to travel east.Uk could become very cold.

Can anyone remind me of the weather in 2018....I mean for us welsh folk? Can’t recall if we had lots of snow or which parts were hit most??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
Just now, WINTRY WALES said:

Can anyone remind me of the weather in 2018....I mean for us welsh folk? Can’t recall if we had lots of snow or which parts were hit most??

This was my back path in 2018 as the snow blew in one direction. The front of the house was clear..was a strange one to be honest 

20180302_113156.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, WINTRY WALES said:

we had loads of the powdery snow you get with continental easterlies - easily drifting into multiples of feet - epic snowfall at all levels

Posted
2 hours ago, keithlucky said:

On 1march ws had winds blowing from Siberia we heavy snow east and west Wales front split in half Swansea had dusting.First time I think south under a red warning up.

Edited by keithlucky