Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
5 minutes ago, Pembroke Dangler said:

Think we will be relying on heavy stuff with a bit of evaporative cooling to get anything remotely sleety out of this tonight 3oc here just ain’t cutting the mustard 

must be flippin' frustrating - dewpoints must be just over 0 degrees

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Stays like that should be snow.

As long as the precip gets over the Beacons intact - Brecon Beacons tends to suck the showers dry coming in from the direction they are - different with a more robust front or coming directly west to east missing the mountains altogether - but we shall see eh

Posted

Wednesday morning looks interesting. Marginal along the M4 in South Wales I reckon so will need some luck with the positioning of the front.  Will be a nowcast radar job  

Posted

Thought I share this app with you guys, I been using all kinds of several apps over the years and some have been OK then I came upon this on the playstore and I must say its got alot of features and is quite accurate and also its free aswell no subscription but you can make a donation if you want. Let me know how you get on with it if you do get it. 

Screenshot_20201228_205527_com.weawow.jpg

Posted
Just now, A Frayed Knot said:

Thought I share this app with you guys, I been using all kinds of several apps over the years and some have been OK then I came upon this on the playstore and I must say its got alot of features and is quite accurate and also its free aswell no subscription but you can make a donation if you want. Let me know how you get on with it if you do get it. 

Screenshot_20201228_205527_com.weawow.jpg

BTW I never donated. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

Just got excited as it looked like it was snowing on my cameras, went outside, nope, just rain

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, andymusic said:

latest from icon for wednesday

anim_jso3.gif.24b7ed357c9fe181a3cdb4bdac

Nice once the front comes through another streamer sets up ,over north wales  then heavy snow moves in to the NEast heading Swest.Unusual angle of attack of the front Llooks like only south of London will get snow,Alot of sad faces on forum further north.Very interesting24hrs.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Possible amber warning tomorrow or is the general consensus that it will stay yellow  as hopefully everything turns white???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

Just out of curiosity, everyone slates these type of apps , but for me, they have been ever so true, compared to the top models/charts, Like i said earlier, temps way too warm for anything significant this week

F0F9DFBB-D35D-4CDC-B18D-6258FCFE9269.png

Edited by dyl232

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

looks cracking

image.thumb.png.04c53c34af57feda3353558e4658ec58.png

image.thumb.png.f9c50fe7c50f64973f9ca3d2bc31bdec.png

That looks like 12inc in old money psml.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
2 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

Possible amber warning tomorrow or is the general consensus that it will stay yellow  as hopefully everything turns white???

think it'll stay yellow - only remember amber or red being used for the easterly we had in 2018

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.

I'm fairly high up in the Valleys and we've just got light rain here so wouldn't hold my breath for anything resembling snow tbh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

There is some mixing with sleet and wet snow in with the heavier showers. So so close to snow. Dew point must be just above 0

Posted
7 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

There is some mixing with sleet and wet snow in with the heavier showers. So so close to snow. Dew point must be just above 0

Splat is the word Marcus so close.Good few hrs left streamer keeps on coming snow after mibnight met said.Terrible black ice later.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

I cant see anything getting over the beacons tonight but just the general pattern that's very exciting.  Lets hope a new year brings lots of the white stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Really wish the steamer tonight would head further east to hit Brecon as it’s just so heavy the rain is here and a waste of potential snow for the beacons and higher ground. Maybe they should issue a flood warning ⚠️ for here it’s literally belting down. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

We're just to warm for snow, I just hope it improves further on cos cold rain just doesn't cut it

• Like 1