Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Its looking good for most areas of Wales! I remain slightly hopeful for a sprinkling of snow and then the possibility of seeing a snow shower or 2 through the week! On annual leave for next 16 days so may have to take a drive somewhere to see the snow

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Its looking good for most areas of Wales! I remain slightly hopeful for a sprinkling of snow and then the possibility of seeing a snow shower or 2 through the week! On annual leave for next 16 days so may have to take a drive somewhere to see the snow

Derek has put the nail in the coffin and said most snow on high ground!  but we all know how accurate his forecasts are, 2010 being a disaster.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
42 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Derek has put the nail in the coffin and said most snow on high ground!  but we all know how accurate his forecasts are, 2010 being a disaster.

Timing of the precipitation should help but if not, above 150m maybe 100m should b all snow

Edited by freeze for all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
35 minutes ago, andymusic said:

8am

image.thumb.png.1266a7a39b6834a7ec3a71c3254196cb.png

You’ve gone and done it now, Andy....  that shows a covering in Pembrokeshire at 8am tomorrow, and if I haven’t got snow tomorrow Im going to be disappointed!  Cant even drive to where there is snow - under the lockdown rules.  Normally I would take a drive up to Llyn Brianne after snowfall but don’t think it’ll be possible this year 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I've got to be honest it looks pretty poor for low lying and coastal areas but hopefully im wrong and we all get something

Posted

another couple of charts from harmonie 6z - looks like an early start for tomorrow morning - or an all nighter❄️

image.thumb.png.89d58fb05d2c4407756ec763352d151e.png

image.thumb.png.6730378ac4bfe248b103596adb0ea81b.png

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 3

Posted

Andymusic  

Greatest weather forecaster Wales has ever seen.

Winter !

Not been in here since the beast that failed to deliver for Swansea .

Still waiting to make a proper snowman in Swansea with my daughter who is now 6.

Hope your well Andy .

Great to see your still here .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
26 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

I've got to be honest it looks pretty poor for low lying and coastal areas but hopefully im wrong and we all get something

The Swansea snow shield will be in full effect. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
4 hours ago, Fujita scale said:

Welcome popping in, don't see any jealousy at all - shall we send you the pictures of what we won't get ?

I’m 5miles from the chiltern hills and in a nearly sweatspot it appears now! .. so looks as tho we’ll both do ok...(probably)) !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Waiting patiently for snow, looking at old snow photos.. this was October 22 2017.  Sigh.....

82055666-8E39-4595-9626-AD02AB74473D.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Waiting patiently for snow, looking at old snow photos.. this was October 22 2017.  Sigh.....

82055666-8E39-4595-9626-AD02AB74473D.jpeg

looks very wintery for October? - full moon is up already this afternoon - ready for the fun and games i expect lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
4 minutes ago, andymusic said:

looks very wintery for October? - full moon is up already this afternoon - ready for the fun and games i expect lol

My bad, too much tea, december 2013 ?‍♀️

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, snefnug said:

My bad, too much tea, december 2013 ?‍♀️

March 2013, by any chance? December 2013 was a very mild and wet month but that March was historically cold and very snowy up your way. Either way, an incredible photo!

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, snefnug said:

Could a more knowledgeable contributor explain to me why, if Arpege or Icon is showing frequent possibly snowy showers for Wales, why the Meto and Netweather hourly charts show nothing?  I used to trust the Met Office for a generally accurate outline of the weather for the day, but beyond those days where it is a) totally raining or b) totally not raining, the little icons seem to come and go and I have to resort to looking at the V8 Netweather map.

I've popped into thread, very rarely do, alas your post is what I am thinking, Met office forecasts seem to change on an hourly basis, likewise BBC, look one hour and then again an hour later and the forecast for the next hour often changes, from rain to sun or cloud, from rain to snow etc, not very good for knowing what is likely to happen..

Right now we have BBC showing sleet for here until 5am then light snow. Met Office shows bone dry all the way through. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

I've popped into thread, very rarely do, alas your post is what I am thinking, Met office forecasts seem to change on an hourly basis, likewise BBC, look one hour and then again an hour later and the forecast for the next hour often changes, from rain to sun or cloud, from rain to snow etc, not very good for knowing what is likely to happen..

Right now we have BBC showing sleet for here until 5am then light snow. Met Office shows bone dry all the way through. 

They’ve Probably had too much tea too..

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

March 2013, by any chance? December 2013 was a very mild and wet month but that March was historically cold and very snowy up your way. Either way, an incredible photo!

I’ll get my coat, your right.  March it was.  

• Thanks 1

Posted

Regarding the overnight snow, I suspect the dreaded M-word could be a factor for many of us, with temperatures maybe a degree or so the wrong side of optimal. The 12Z is now trickling out and while it's far from a disaster, I'd urge caution to avoid disappointment. This will be a nowcasting event and could end up as anything from simply watching a few flakes fall to a surprise, widespread covering.

Looking at the radar, the secondary low, which is currently to the west of Scotland, has a bit more oomph to it than I expected.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 2

Posted

Amazing gfs 12z run along with icon - setting up a cracking easterly - no worries about coastal snow - will it or won't it then!!!!!!!❄️

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Amazing gfs 12z run along with icon - setting up a cracking easterly - no worries about coastal snow - will it or won't it then!!!!!!!❄️

Going to properly go all IMBY now   But i WOULD MUCH RATHER A NWSTLY over an easterly any day! The fohn affect here on the Western Side of the Beacons means we have little snow. Beast from the East was case in point for the whole Swansea Bay area. Give me northerlies and north westerlies every day of the week over an easterly! 

Edited by Cymro
  • Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Amazing outputs if at first you don't succeed try try again!Pembroke dangle. Or a good old fashion streamer.Screenshot_20201227-165814_Chrome.thumb.jpg.22c44545ab95e4df488cac5e0e35b650.jpg

Screenshot_20201227-164130_Chrome.jpg

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Raining here,  well sleety rain. Should go colder over night for more fruitful perception (and I don't mean bananas and oranges)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

hi all, 

Charts are looking highly interesting for the next few hours. Went for a little drive into Pembrokeshire, could see evaporative cooling was clearly taking place by the raindrops having a more icy look to them on the windscreen as rain got heavier.

I kinda think of it like whipping up cream, it looks like nothing will happen and then OOOP it all goes at once.

Over the next few days expect surprises especially on north facing coasts

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Snowmadsam said:

hi all, 

Charts are looking highly interesting for the next few hours. Went for a little drive into Pembrokeshire, could see evaporative cooling was clearly taking place by the raindrops having a more icy look to them on the windscreen as rain got heavier.

I kinda think of it like whipping up cream, it looks like nothing will happen and then OOOP it all goes at once.

Over the next few days expect surprises especially on north facing coasts

Colder air moving into NI front  approaching  Ni precipation snow.Screenshot_20201227-170931_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0951209fa1e9b5269ab2eb568e18062.jpg

Screenshot_20201227-164437_Chrome.jpg