Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
4 minutes ago, andymusic said:

yep very wild up here - sounds like a jet engine - Mumbles up to 69 mph gusts and Aberdaron up to 83 mph gusts

Probably going to peak around midnight, Andy.  Hope you tied down yer bins!  

Posted

As things stand, Wales is very much in the game for some snow overnight tomorrow into Monday.

But first, let's get through Bella without having the roof torn off!

• Like 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Do we know yet if low laying costal areas in the south are going to be in the wrong/right side of marignal for snow Monday or will we have to wait till tomorrow to get a better idea? 

Front due earlier around 4am ,as I said earlier netweather .Expect snow Across all of Wales.central east Wales looks the prime location on the fronts present tract atm

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but wind & rain
58 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Front due earlier around 4am ,as I said earlier netweather .Expect snow Across all of Wales.central east Wales looks the prime location on the fronts present tract atm

4am perfect timing no solar Input etc. yeah you lot in S.wales will do well at height and being further inland. Not expecting much at low levels here in Pembrokeshire apart from the hills up the road about 500M. after the low clears through most of next week we won't struggle for precipitation here just cold enough air to produce snow, pembs dangler looks like setting up shop. 

Posted
10 hours ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Everywhere but SE and E Wales lol.

valleys & beacon beacons nicked it all

Posted
43 minutes ago, danthetan said:

valleys & beacon beacons nicked it all

I think snowdonia will be prime area. So might take most of the heavy precipitate or snow in this case

Posted
4 minutes ago, georgiedre said:

I think snowdonia will be prime area. So might take most of the heavy precipitate or snow in this case

Definitely,  nice and close to coast to pick up moisture as the low pivots. good elevation to I've been staying in rhyd ddu for work last 3 weeks I imagine when I return in new year will very white up there. beautiful part of the world

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Colder air has arrived here in north west Wales - just had a heavy shower of hail with  some snowflakes mixed. Temperature has now fallen to 1.8C, so a good sign for us over 200m...

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

It's all gone quiet in the mod thread, no doubt the snow is only going to hit Wales and the SW now.

Wintry showers turning to   snow overnight as colder digs in from the north west.Around 2am a more organised band of snow pushes across Wales 2to 4cm possible across Wales. Screenshot_20201227-084605_Chrome.thumb.jpg.748e40c1cfec0a2a9305c9ecef6d1e8b.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

Saw that Derek had tweeted

about it last night too. Sometimes I hate living on the coast. Afan forest is just up the road so they should have some, might have to venture a little to find some. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Should be seasonal!

Bella has passed through, temp dropped from 8c yesterday down to 1c this morning here in mid-Wales. Sprinkling of snow on lawn and cars with some snow flurries already this morning. Seem to be plenty developing in the Irish sea, so hopefully a good day of radar watching! 

Edited by acorb
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!
18 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Popped in from mod-my regional @south east England.. you guys will do well through tonight/tomorrow.. some of you WILL see disruption due to snow ❄️ accumulation.. good luck... I ain’t jealous.. honestly

Welcome popping in, don't see any jealousy at all - shall we send you the pictures of what we won't get ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

The weather models are not certain on the amount of snow but all agree that Wales will get some!

Here’s a couple of the best ‘snow depth’ charts for Monday mid- morning.....

AABBAE34-B3D5-43F3-8102-2ED252534831.thumb.png.f2faa50fa4b7aefb9f6e46e6ba9898be.png  480D880B-A211-490B-99D7-DA5EB1FE460F.thumb.png.570015e5017b30b9bb5209415443e1c5.png

Nothings guaranteed - even at this late stage - and it could be better or worse than shown.  Will have to wait until this time tomorrow to see whether they’re right.  ❄️❄️❄️⛄⛄⛄???????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Yellow weather warning area has been expanded to cover most of central and southern wales bar the coastal areas and Bar the west and north coasts 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
2 hours ago, LJ1224 said:

Saw that Derek had tweeted

about it last night too. Sometimes I hate living on the coast. Afan forest is just up the road so they should have some, might have to venture a little to find some. 

Love it up in the Afan Forest

Have run a few half marathons and some 10ks up there. Bet it looks beautiful with a covering of snow ❄

Edited by dbaloo
Spelling mistake

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

On net weather forecasts my snow risk down to zero for foreseeable.  Colour me ?‍♂️ very very confused.  Still lovely chilly day here, no Bella damage.

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, andymusic said:

harmonie latest

image.thumb.png.1ad8c3db2d4994608ec3ea8ae2a4b138.png

image.thumb.png.ef1dcd263979ef65bfbd47dc31d19482.png

image.thumb.png.76c5ed787594671328b7bd478f7f27ab.png

image.thumb.png.d279a3a1cff12a0ad9befaff2c94ab9f.png

A upgrade there wider band of snow ,snow for All of Wales.Let see how this LP develops.Nice slack LP allowing evaporating cooling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It looks like a good covering for the mountains when is this forecast to spread into west wales?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

It looks like a good covering for the mountains when is this forecast to spread into west wales?

As I said earlier 2am lasting to 5am .As winds switch tonight possible streamers setting up tomorrow. 

Posted

From the mod thread, look at that line of showers following the main LP tomorrow, it’s these conditions that can be real snow makers for Wales in a NWly flow. Perhaps a touch marginal on the coast and below 100m but above that, tomorrow could be an exciting day and more to come Tuesday and Wednesday with marginality gradually becoming a less of an issue in the slacker flow ☺️

It’s no Snowmaggedon, but a tidy covering possible (5cm> ) almost anywhere in Wales. 85EED43B-CD39-4C63-8447-245921646E9F.webp

Edited by Cymro
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Could a more knowledgeable contributor explain to me why, if Arpege or Icon is showing frequent possibly snowy showers for Wales, why the Meto and Netweather hourly charts show nothing?  I used to trust the Met Office for a generally accurate outline of the weather for the day, but beyond those days where it is a) totally raining or b) totally not raining, the little icons seem to come and go and I have to resort to looking at the V8 Netweather map.

• Like 1