Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Bella - Atlantic storm 2

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
1 hour ago, LightningLover said:

Were you looking at the Forecast for Freshwater? I’ve often noticed the BBC goes crazy with the wind speeds for that location. Maybe it’s because it gets the forecast data from the needles Old battery site?

For comparison, The met office app goes for 65mph wind gusts for that location.

I was indeed! Thank you for the information, that does make sense! 

The models on the Windy app show anything from 60-75mph at that location.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
2 hours ago, Snipper said:

Am I the only one who has some concerns about the potential dangers?

No you're not snipper.  I'm going to start following very closely today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
1 hour ago, LightningLover said:

Were you looking at the Forecast for Freshwater? I’ve often noticed the BBC goes crazy with the wind speeds for that location. Maybe it’s because it gets the forecast data from the needles Old battery site?

For comparison, The met office app goes for 65mph wind gusts for that location.

Duplicate post, apologies.

Edited by Lance M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
Just now, Lance M said:

I was indeed! Thank you for the information, that does make sense! 

The models on the Windy app show anything from 60-75mph at that location.

No worries! My area (Bexhill) is expected to get gusts of around 65-70mph, with a couple of models taking the gusts to 80mph!

Anything above 75mph would probably make it the strongest storm wind-wise for a number of years here (to my knowledge).

• Like 1

Posted

If the forecast holds, this will be at the higher end of what could be considered a normal winter storm. Its origin and the cold air wrapped up in it makes this one a little different and marginal dew points just add a little drama. As for damage, loose things, damaged branches, a few powerlines maybe.  Everyone in the South is locked-up so human impacts should be minimal. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Snipper said:

Am I the only one who has some concerns about the potential dangers?

Not at all. I'm rather worried. It's one bad thing after another this year.

There's been flooding even before this thing arrived, so I'm sure there'll be more. And it's gonna be a strong beast too.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Since midnight. the temperature has risen from 0 to 10 degrees C, and is still rising, albeit more slowly .

The barometer has dropped from 1031mb to 1020mb and is still falling rapidly...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The Amber warning has been updated it now starts at 8pm and is also extended to cover parts of Wales

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

2020 just keeps on giving.  In the usually benign East of England, more than 1,300 households in Bedfordshire told to evacuate yesterday with evacuation/rest centres set up in Bromham and Bedford to add to the misery of an already difficult Christmas.  Severe flooding in parts of neighbouring Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Norfolk.  In the meantime my weather station notes temp has increased from 1C at 00:36 to 9C and tells me in full capitals BAR FALLING RAPIDLY, as if my ears weren’t able to work that one out (anyone else get horrible earache when this happens?) In 12 last hours pressure has dropped from 1024.5 to 1011.8 with majority of that fall from 10am.    
My own village has had today’s earlier flood warning reduced but those living very near the River Ivel, flowing (rushing) through our village remain on careful watch as it’s highest it’s been for several years apparently, and the sand bags already in place at the formerly ‘desirable homes’ that back onto the river aren’t going anywhere soon.  
7 hours of heavy rain forecast from around 23:00 across those already flooded, although started with fine pish drizzle as I type.  And all this stress for so many across the country even before the wind arrives... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Getting breezy here now. Looking forward to tonight!

I may venture down to St Alban's head, it's a good vantage point that juts out from the main coastline.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Just home from football, and the wind has definitely got up from 10am until now. I'd expect issues with Tamar Bridge overnight as it was gusting heavily going over it an hr ago

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Getting breezy here now. Looking forward to tonight!

I may venture down to St Alban's head, it's a good vantage point that juts out from the main coastline.

Notable breeze arriving here too now, however really not looking forward to later. Gonna head down to the cliffs now, while thing are benign for a walk, and to watch the sea churning. But I'll be home long before the main stuff kicks off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Should be fun to watch this cam later on.

• Like 3

Posted
42 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

2020 just keeps on giving.  In the usually benign East of England, more than 1,300 households in Bedfordshire told to evacuate yesterday with evacuation/rest centres set up in Bromham and Bedford to add to the misery of an already difficult Christmas.  Severe flooding in parts of neighbouring Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Norfolk.  In the meantime my weather station notes temp has increased from 1C at 00:36 to 9C and tells me in full capitals BAR FALLING RAPIDLY, as if my ears weren’t able to work that one out (anyone else get horrible earache when this happens?) In 12 last hours pressure has dropped from 1024.5 to 1011.8 with majority of that fall from 10am.    
My own village has had today’s earlier flood warning reduced but those living very near the River Ivel, flowing (rushing) through our village remain on careful watch as it’s highest it’s been for several years apparently, and the sand bags already in place at the formerly ‘desirable homes’ that back onto the river aren’t going anywhere soon.  
7 hours of heavy rain forecast from around 23:00 across those already flooded, although started with fine pish drizzle as I type.  And all this stress for so many across the country even before the wind arrives... 

certainly glad my address includes Hill

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Briefly winds picked up here around lunch time then have dropped away again. Noticed the local forecast has dropped the winds back as well so looking a rainfall only event here at the moment. I was getting interested when I could hear the wind down the chimney. This ceased several hours ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Wind has been steadily increasing all day, now up to a noticeable gusty breeze 

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 1

Posted

Certainly going to be a noisy night! We have an issue with water getting into the (old) conservatory when the wind comes from the SW. It comes in under the window frames, onto the windowsill and onto the floor on garden side and through the roof at the house side. So we spent Boxing Day morning attempting to seal it up. Fingers crossed it works!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Started to get back up again 31 mph a few minutes ago.  Average windspeed up from 8 mph to 12 mph in about 15 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
2 hours ago, Allseasons-si said:

Should be fun to watch this cam later on.

High tide just after 11pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

It's taken a while for Bella to really get going here in north west Wales in terms of rainfall but the rain is torrential rain now. It's been windy here all day but currently gusting around 65-70mph. Temperature rose to 7.7C before the rain, now it seems to have fallen back to 7C. Hopefully we'll see some snow here over the next few days - I'm around 210m above sea level.

Edited by Liam Ellis
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
7 minutes ago, Liam Ellis said:

It's taken a while for Bella to really get going here in north west Wales in terms of rainfall but the rain is torrential rain now. It's been windy here all day but currently gusting around 65-70mph. Temperature rose to 7.7C before the rain, now it seems to have fallen back to 7C. Hopefully we'll see some snow here over the next few days - I'm around 210m above sea level.

Not particularly windy or wet in the Ceiriog Valley.  Anything seems to be passing around us.  Hopefully it stays that way  except for snow, obvs......