Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Bella - Atlantic storm 2

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I measured a 37mph gust not long ago which is impressive for my station baring in mind it never picks up the highest gusts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just had to rescue the box that was over the plugs on the Christmas lights outside. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Gusts must consistently be getting to 55-60mph here now, proper house rattlers!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Does anyone else get like a headache when the pressure drops rapidly? My eyes and head feel like a balloon being squeezed. 

• Like 1

Posted

Can here the familiar sound of things rolling around in the garden, at least that's what I think it is. Still no real let up yet. 

Posted

Just recorded a 40mph gust and you could probably add a fair bit onto that to get the actual speed.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Incredible here in Saltdean ( near Brighton) some of the strongest sustained wind speeds and gusts for many years.

Regular gusts 2am to 6am between 60mph and 70mph with my highest recorded gust at 71mph just after 5am.

Power cut,breaking glass and alarms going off locally...see what daylight brings!

Edited by sunnijim
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Didn't get windy here but the rain turned up. Haven't measured it yet but Davis reckons it's around 20mm

Posted
31 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Incredible here in Saltdean ( near Brighton) some of the strongest sustained wind speeds and gusts for many years.

Regular gusts 2am to 6am between 60mph and 70mph with my highest recorded gust at 71mph just after 5am.

Power cut,breaking glass and alarms going off locally...see what daylight brings!

I can confirm that...I'm just along the coast from you in Telscombe Cliffs...lost my double glazing on the French windows about 3.30 followed shortly by the actual windows leaving me exposed to the elements on the clifftop...not a lot of fun!

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Hey mate! How close are you to the coast? Know Saltdean very very well. Was wild here in Higher Bevendean...but think tiles are still in place.

• Like 1

Posted

Wow

What a Let Down - More of a whimper around SE Essex just North of the Amber warning, In fact Wednesday Nights winds were twice as strong as this which didnt even get a warning. Another let down from the many named storms over the years in these parts. The Met Office just dont seem to model this area correctly at all.

Good to see the South Coast from Brighton westwards had a proper gale though

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Definitely one of the windier nights of the past few years. When a brick house shakes in the gusts, you know it is a goodun 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Wow,  a breezy night indeed! This was the first gale experienced In my first home, wasn’t entirely sure if it was normal to feel the place vibrating. Judging by the posts in this forum, thankfully my place wasn’t alone in getting the shakes! 

Still as anything out out there now!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning - very windy overnight, gusts locally “down in town” around 50 - 60mph and my station recorded 32mm. Some leaking in the conservatory water collection system (buckets!) but that was to be expected considering the direction it was coming from.

Would like to know what the maximum gusts Langdon Bay recorded.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Don't remember the last time when I had issues sleeping due to the wind but also thinking about the damage I might see which made it a little bit more difficult to get to sleep. Haven't gone outside yet as it's still morning but the garden looks the same 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Paul Sherman said:

Wow

What a Let Down - More of a whimper around SE Essex just North of the Amber warning, In fact Wednesday Nights winds were twice as strong as this which didnt even get a warning. Another let down from the many named storms over the years in these parts. The Met Office just dont seem to model this area correctly at all.

Good to see the South Coast from Brighton westwards had a proper gale though

We had one here too you know. It's just wind from the wsw are sheltered a bit for the area Langdon bay. Why winds from the south and south west register higher. There are cliffs in the line for a wsw. It was a wild and loud night here, with things banging about everywhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Pretty windy night here in Bexhill! We lost one very old fence panel, but the new ones we put up recently are intact.  

Gusts must have peaked between 60-70mph in the early hours, so it was about the same intensity as the February storm here.