Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Editing data on weatherlink.com

Posted

Hi,

I have had a Vantage Vue station and console for a number of years connected to weatherlink.com via a WeatherlinkIP dongle. This has worked very well until recently when I've had problems with the WeatherlinkIP dongle. Although I managed to fix the problem after 2 weeks offline, by clearing the memory and resetting very carefully, I decided to move to a Weatherlink Live because it's better supported nowadays by Davis. This has all gone smoothly and I've retired my WeatherlinkIP and moved my Pro subscription to the Weatherlink Live.

However, overnight the battery ran out on my station - it started giving warnings a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, the final two entries that were transmitted to the Weatherlink Live and then on to weatherlink.com were corrupt and contained a low temperature of -67.8C. While it's cold in Scotland where I live, it's not that cold 

I've spent all evening trying to work out how I can edit the incorrect data on weatherlink.com. I cannot work out how to do it. I've even tried re-importing an edited 2020 to weatherlink.com but this hasn't worked either. Does anyone have any idea if this is possible and if so how to do it?

Many thanks,

Mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've never used weatherlink software as I have always used Cumulus MX and kept my own data in an SQL database.

I did buy a WeatherLink live for a bit of fun, mainly because I bought the Davis AirLink.. I don't think there's a way to edit data that has already been sent.

I do see this note though:

Note: You will need to upgrade your WeatherLink Live to Pro or Pro+ to access historical data. However, if you import data and your WeatherLink Live is not upgraded, the data will still be used in the “Almanac” area of the WeatherLink mobile app, where highs and lows for years, months, and days are shown.

Just got some info for you..

You cannot edit the data that has already been sent.

You can possibly raise a ticket with Davis and ask them to edit it for you, if you provide them with the correct entries.

Out of curiosity, is your WLL not connected via a power cable?

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I've never used weatherlink software as I have always used Cumulus MX and kept my own data in an SQL database.

I did buy a WeatherLink live for a bit of fun, mainly because I bought the Davis AirLink.. I don't think there's a way to edit data that has already been sent.

I do see this note though:

Just got some info for you..

You cannot edit the data that has already been sent.

You can possibly raise a ticket with Davis and ask them to edit it for you, if you provide them with the correct entries.

Out of curiosity, is your WLL not connected via a power cable?

Hi,

Thanks very much. I'll see if Davis support can edit it - the PC software allowed you to edit incorrect entries - I don't think the Davis "Cloud" is an improvement.

My Weatherlink Live is connected via a power cable. It was the station battery that ran out - completely coincidental with the other problems I was having. Mind you it has been raining here (Scottish Borders) for a week pretty much non-stop.

Thanks,

Mark