Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Winter 2020/21 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual works for me...!

We have entered a period when - perhaps as a result of the much discussed SSW - there is significant uncertainty in the evolution of our weather within NWP horizons.

Many posts in the MOD thread say that the models aren’t handling this well. My take is that the models are accurately reflecting the uncertainty, and it’s actually the posters who aren’t handling this well..!

• Like 5
    • Thanks 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 1.5k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have heard from a reliable source that henceforth the European high will be known as 'Prozac Ridge'

I’m just wondering rather than having model verification stats, we should perhaps have poster verification stats. That way we can see who it’s worth paying attention to and who to disregard.....just a

Yes, I agree. I wanted snow as much as anyone but along with others was never enthused with this spell. I don't claim any crystal ball or magical abilities, but I can (most of the time) read a chart a

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.
    1 minute ago, IanT said:

We have entered a period when - perhaps as a result of the much discussed SSW - there is significant uncertainty in the evolution of our weather within NWP horizons.

Many posts in the MOD thread say that the models aren’t handling this well. My take is that the models are accurately reflecting the uncertainty, and it’s actually the posters who aren’t handling this well..!

Post of the day! 👏👏

Posted
    6 minutes ago, YellowSnow said:

And perhaps that’s why the misleading over enthusiastic posts need to be curbed, so that the crushing disappointment is avoided or at least diminished. 

The easiest and quickest way to do that is to remove the like buttons. 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
    1 minute ago, Gael_Force said:

The easiest and quickest way to do that is to remove the like buttons. 

Or we could simply accept the fact that the occasional 'crushing disappointment' is a normal part of growing up?🤔

• Like 3
    Posted
    44 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Yes! And also, as I have said a few times a minimum age requirement of 21 thus eliminating the children/ teens and allowing mature, adult (even potentially post-grad) people to post.

This is getting ridiculous, it's your own fault for getting excited at others people's ramps. I'm for one am capable of not getting my self worked up. Every one has the right to post as much as the next, I agree there are ridiculous ramps, snipes, baiting posts that shouldn't be here. But at the end of the day, this is a hobby forum, not a professional forum. Anyone can post, we live in a democracy. If you want "post-grad" only chat, professional only, then go to university, this is a forum for all. 

Edited by andy989
    • Like 9
    Posted

The only people suffering a crushing disappointment are the ones warning that we shouldn’t have to experience a crushing disappointment 

• Like 4