Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2020/21 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
1 hour ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

I see all the excited posts in the model forum, but nowhere is that reflected in any forecasts. I just see at best a couple of days with max of 3 or 4c for Glasgow. Hardly bitterly cold, our ave Dec high is 6c. Where is this optimism coming from?

3C and snow showers piling in on north north-westerly? Yes please 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)
11 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Most of us are not here to dream though 

The constant contractions on the MOD threat is not dreaming, it’s draining! 

Got to ask, why are you here?   People are following their interests and if that is hunting snow or cold Synoptics then so be it. Even if it never happens. ??‍♂️  This is/was a friendly inclusive forum....

Posted
11 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Because many of us come on here to learn and read credible posts. 
the constant dramatic up and downs of the forum is exhausting 

I couldn’t care less about disappointment with others, I just want facts instead of pages of massive histeria 

But you seem concerned on what ‘they’ are going to do when the pattern flattens, what I see is posters saying what they see, some may ‘see’ something different, so if this is the case then that’s fine, particularly if backed up with model evidence, but please do not worry about what said posters may feel If it switches outlook, it seems there are some self flagellating  posters out there at the moment!

Posted
14 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Because many of us come on here to learn and read credible posts. 
the constant dramatic up and downs of the forum is exhausting 

I couldn’t care less about disappointment with others, I just want facts instead of pages of massive histeria 

Sorting the chaff from the wheat will make for a more enjoyable experience on the MOD thread. 

Posted

Sorry, the mod thread IS a roller coaster. You get a mix of great posts and some filler but so what? It’s much busier this time of year and when decent cold Synoptics are showing. 

The busier the better. Also remember some people have different needs and expectations, maybe we should give people a break from criticism this year? Roll on ECM later, let’s hope the trend remains and chaos reigns?

oh, and where are those mild SWly winds?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter
10 minutes ago, B-C said:

Right outside my window this very moment !

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Shunter said:

Sorry! Yeah ok I didn’t mean right now I mean next week. As were being predicted by some. Surely some agreement next week will be cold? 

Edited by B-C

Posted

Till  mettoffice  jump on board no point getting hype up of models show winter potential if they do as be disappointment 

• Like 2

Posted
46 minutes ago, B-C said:

Got to ask, why are you here?   People are following their interests and if that is hunting snow or cold Synoptics then so be it. Even if it never happens. ??‍♂️  This is/was a friendly inclusive forum....

Totally agree on people following their own interests, but to think it’s a friendly/inclusive forum Then you are very mistaken. 

Posted
35 minutes ago, B-C said:

Sorry, the mod thread IS a roller coaster. You get a mix of great posts and some filler but so what? It’s much busier this time of year and when decent cold Synoptics are showing. 

The busier the better. Also remember some people have different needs and expectations, maybe we should give people a break from criticism this year? Roll on ECM later, let’s hope the trend remains and chaos reigns?

At day 10 where they where this time 10 days ago when the models were showing NH blocking 

currently sitting here in 11c and drizzle at 18:25 of the very same charts that said I should be shivering in 0c 12 days ago 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, lamppost watcher said:

When John Holmes starts to get interested you know its on like donkey kong

Indeed!

The thread is fortunate to have the insights of a professional meteorologist.

Posted

Get a grip it’s always a 10 day chart, hence why we are here on 18th December basking extremely mild conditions despite the GFS and ECM throwing a dice 12 days ago 

But of course, let’s be quiet to let the dreamers dream and the MOD posters chase rainbows 

Someone needs to give a bit of realism and I’m happy to take the heat from fantasists 

Edited by Polaris
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Polaris said:

Get a grip it’s always a 10 day chart, hence why we are here on 18th December basking extremely mild conditions despite the GFS and ECM throwing a dice 12 days ago 

But of course, let’s be quiet to let the dreamers dream and the MOD posters chase rainbows 

Not always...I've seen a few over the years tick down from T240 to t0 and its the reason I'm in the chase. The best thing ever!

Posted
1 minute ago, lamppost watcher said:

Not always...I've seen a few over the years tick down from T240 to t0 and its the reason I'm in the chase. The best thing ever!

Chasing something that never materialises is your own preference. Good luck with that 

I’ve seen T240 once in 10 years = 2010 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Chasing something that never materialises is your own preference. Good luck with that 

I’ve seen T240 once in 10 years = 2010 

If it always happened then it'd be no fun. Bit like if it was Christmas everyday. I'm no expert but this looks on track to me t144

Screenshot_20201218-183847_Meteociel.jpg

Edited by lamppost watcher
typo

Posted

I thought moaning about other posters was not allowed in this, or any thread?

Moan about the weather, by all means. But simply block said posters or pm them if you must have your say. But please stop whining about them in here!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

I think we're right to be sceptical of such impressive charts at 10 days, but this has been the culmination of many, many days of watching the ingredients for cold slowly aligning. 

Of course, fine details and adjustments in hi res will probably mean any extreme solutions advertised won't play out, it's hardly ever as clean nearer the time, but I think it has to be said that this is no rogue easterly thrown out and then dropped immediately. 

Very rare to get output like this being played with by all models for so long. Certainly has the feel of "one of those" winter spells inbound. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Wynter said:

I thought moaning about other posters was not allowed in this, or any thread?

Moan about the weather, by all means. But simply block said posters or pm them if you must have your say. But please stop whining about them in here!

There’s no moaning (as you call) about any posters 

I’m merely commenting on the very fact that we can post post post inspirational posts on 10 day charts... that never materialise, to the same posters you say to stop whining about. 

Struggling to see your point 

Posted
1 minute ago, Polaris said:

There’s no moaning (as you call) about any posters 

I’m merely commenting on the very fact that we can post post post inspirational posts on 10 day charts... that never materialise, to the same posters you say to stop whining about. 

Struggling to see your point 

You are clearly complaining about posters commenting on model charts in the model thread. This is not the place to do that.

If you have a problem with any posts in the model thread, report said post, pm the poster or put them on your ignore list.

This is all I have to say on the matter, so as not to disrupt this thread anymore than it already has been.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Wynter said:

You are clearly complaining about posters commenting on model charts in the model thread. This is not the place to do that.

If you have a problem with any posts in the model thread, report said post, pm the poster or put them on your ignore list.

This is all I have to say on the matter, so as not to disrupt this thread anymore than it already has been.

Over and out 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Sorry GFS  - I'm not buying into this.

h500slp.thumb.png.b7dbf0abce9581cff1bf794d6af595ae.png

Same Old.

Posted
1 hour ago, Number 23 said:

I think we're right to be sceptical of such impressive charts at 10 days, but this has been the culmination of many, many days of watching the ingredients for cold slowly aligning. 

Of course, fine details and adjustments in hi res will probably mean any extreme solutions advertised won't play out, it's hardly ever as clean nearer the time, but I think it has to be said that this is no rogue easterly thrown out and then dropped immediately. 

Very rare to get output like this being played with by all models for so long. Certainly has the feel of "one of those" winter spells inbound. 

I have to ask the question why do we bother?

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Shunter said:

Yes  - absolutey  p I $5 ing it down here on the Fylde Tundra  - least it will keep the midges down.

Edited by Iceaxecrampon

Posted
3 hours ago, B-C said:

He has a point - and this is the right thread to air his views so don't knock him.