Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2020/21 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.
13 minutes ago, Gerryhattrick said:

Hi guys experienced head here I've got a degree in mechanical engineering and I've experienced weather every day for 52 years. (sarcasm)  THIS IS A MODEL DISCUSSION FORUM  ie people discuss what the model shows on any particular run be it good or bad and what weather they may produce should they verify, if you feel embarrassed reading some posts or it annoys your superior intellect  then do not login and especially do not disrespect posters with self righteous comments. 

You clearly missed the point (again). ??‍♂️ #sigh #totallydoesntgetit #hewillneverchange #17yearsofthis #groundhogday #givemestregnth #anyonefancyadrink?

Edited by Barmada_Casten
  • Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

I've looked at the GEFS ensembles and this is no exaggeration...only a handful of members (maybe 20%) don't show a mangled vortex by the end of FI. 20% may even be too generous. A lot of N'lys in there.

image.thumb.png.17893c6db59e8040997c45afc6def764.png

where abouts in crewe are you?

Posted
1 minute ago, That ECM said:

Agreed.

20C4C85F-FCFF-4761-8981-920512258AD3.png

Problem is, a 5 year old would be more accurate with a sheet a paper and crayons if it’s more than 5 days out.  After years of ups and downs watching various models in forums, it’s no wonder members get frustrated.  How the cost of these super computers can be justified I’d beyond me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

lets hope in 10 days time this arrives

timessquare-social.jpg
WWW.EARTHCAM.COM

EarthCam presents an extensive collection of live webcams, featuring the most exciting views of New York City's famous Times Square. For the past century, Times Square has been a mecca for music and the arts...

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Valleyboy said:

Problem is, a 5 year old would be more accurate with a sheet a paper and crayons if it’s more than 5 days out.  After years of ups and downs watching various models in forums, it’s no wonder members get frustrated.  How the cost of these super computers can be justified I’d beyond me.

Agreed, and on that note I'm packing my bags already this year. Seen enough. To many fickle members on this site all trying to compete. Never understand time and time again how people get so excited over fantasy charts that never come off. All a bit of a laughing stock really. I'm going back to 90s style lampost watching and looking out the window every day. It was far more accurate! All the best everyone have a great crimbo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

a good day around Christmas.

image.thumb.png.8b920a735415b613b93d254712b2708b.png

Arctic low could bring snow for most people.

image.thumb.png.333a5acaf8002aec7be9f637df8de42f.png

A toppler looking good towards the end of the run.

anim_bwn5.gif

a good toppler.

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.
1 minute ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

a good day around Christmas.

image.thumb.png.8b920a735415b613b93d254712b2708b.png

Anarctiic low could bring snow for most people.

image.thumb.png.333a5acaf8002aec7be9f637df8de42f.png

A toppler klooking good towards the end of the run.

anim_bwn5.gif

a good toppler.

Wrong side of the globe!! I'm sure you meant Artic!!!

Posted
11 minutes ago, jonboy said:

Wrong side of the globe!! I'm sure you meant Artic!!!

Oops I'll Correct that. 

Posted

Record snowfall in parts of Japan

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Heavy snow has been falling across Japan and several snowfall records have been broken including Fujiwara which saw 176cm of snow in 48 hours.

Massive snowstorm in the NE states

_116128836_50037093-c0e0-4d71-b269-616d9
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Warnings are in place in 14 states, with up to two feet of snow forecast in Pennsylvania and New York.

and what have we got to look forward to? A couple of cool days over Christmas and maybe a frost if we are lucky. Wahoo! Can't wait.

Posted

snow blind, at least it will be seasonal, we could just as easily be sat under moderate rain and 12-14c!

Also this time 10 years ago a legitimate lobe of the PV comes to visit the UK, one of the coldest charts that actually happened that I've seen in my 16+ years on this site (along with the beast from 18 obviously).

CFSR_1_2010121712_1.thumb.png.371123051b07452fa7111f1e7f5aa870.png

Edited by kold weather

Posted
12 hours ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Looks like the nappy gang are out in twisted pants full force this evening. Nibbles galore. 

Gotta love that not only did the Mods think this was an okay line..... It is funny to be fair but seriously personal attacks on half the forum is Okay now as long as its moved to the Moans th read 

That can be respected, but a street walks two ways. If I don't want to rely on weather charts nearly 10 days down the line coming to fruition to effect the emotional balance of my evening's postings then that should also be respected. 

I didn't realise you had to you have been forced to read the model output thread, this must be a tremendous crime against you, whomever is holding you captive I hope they realiser you from this. (also the Ignore function works a treat). 

I am an avid fan of SNOWY cold weather, couldn't think of a worse form of weather than a dry humid heatwave.

Yes those long dry humid heatwaves in winter, how I look back at them with such dread. Well I don't because Dry & Humid, its a master class of word play

The be all and end all is that we are now 5 weeks into winter and bar a bit of wet slop for all but 0.01% of the entire of the nation

Yes we are all sorry you got no snow please get some emotional support during these troubled times, It's okay not to be okay. Maybe next time i'll pack some snow and send it to you?

Today see's a trend away from a Cold Christmas spell,

Christmas is still forecast to be cold.

Too much residual energy off the eastern seaboard and unfortunately that's just the way our climatology works. What we don't want to do is continually hope cast 10 days ahead of ourselves only to get to that said date and then add more weeks of waiting....if this ridge completely fails as it looks like doing, what then? 1st week of Jan? 2nd week of Jan? That's half of winter gone. 

Yeah that's the way the world works buddy, you don't always get what you want. After reading through your post I can clearly see that this is just your projection, you do not like the fact the output has changed and you simply can not accept it so you are projecting your feelings onto others. and that's the nub of the issue and its not just you BTW but your cry for help is the loudest so far. (I do have people on ignore so maybe there are others)

Block the hope casters those that post 20 pictures of the same run and then a mame that adds nothing to the post and just say what you see if other people have an issue with that so be it add them to the ignore list.

• Thanks 1

Posted

A lot of Models going for a Toppler, at least one place should get Snow In The Uk and not just Scotland.

image.thumb.png.20b74a05e16f96cebdcd84e9c98ce309.pngimage.thumb.png.96c37482fd42446f4d538ff6f1875b37.pngimage.thumb.png.0d1007d7d32db070354e4282c933595e.pngimage.thumb.png.ef65036256dd11ef10690d01f6463643.pngimage.thumb.png.949986c19044353b39ea14bac47b7cf4.pngimage.thumb.png.b6a5631890132b8c97c07e710df5bf7b.pngimage.thumb.png.da3fe84cf0b4896206a866abc415b530.png image.thumb.png.e39b89f3aef2f3538ddbf22d7ef7c41c.png 

image.png

Posted

I'm with others the HP is going to topple and we're looking at a chilly but quiet xmas period ... which isn't all bad! It's quite funny seeing some post on the forum just because the precip chart is showing some potential wintry precipitation amongt the showers (which will be few and far between) . People really aren't used to 'normal' winter weather anymore, they see a snow flake forecast and think we're entering a new ice age

Posted

I’ve only been into weather for like 2 years but after about a year I’ve matured past the point of getting in a hissy fit when the model output changes from cold (which is extremely unusual for the UK) back to normal zonality, our default setup. If your constantly moaning about something you can’t change that’s just a bit sad...

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Ols500 said:

I’ve only been into weather for like 2 years but after about a year I’ve matured past the point of getting in a hissy fit when the model output changes from cold (which is extremely unusual for the UK) back to normal zonality, our default setup. If your constantly moaning about something you can’t change that’s just a bit sad...

Yeah we all know it's going to be a normal year fancy a trip to Siberia. 

Posted
24 minutes ago, kold weather said:

snow blind, at least it will be seasonal, we could just as easily be sat under moderate rain and 12-14c!

Also this time 10 years ago a legitimate lobe of the PV comes to visit the UK, one of the coldest charts that actually happened that I've seen in my 16+ years on this site (along with the beast from 18 obviously).

CFSR_1_2010121712_1.thumb.png.371123051b07452fa7111f1e7f5aa870.png

Very true.

I find it incredibly frustrating because we can get exceptional winter weather in this country it's just very irregular. I have great memories of some truely special events such as the blizzard in early Jan 1982 and the exceptional cold and snow from Jan 1987. Every year I hope for something similar so, whilst I do like sunny frosty weather, it would be nice to get something a little more exciting.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
Just now, alexisj9 said:

Yep, I'm still trying to decipher why that caused so many complaints, it was cold and snowy, just not the easterly people were expecting.

some places got 0" - thats probably why, i got 3 inches which wasn't what i was looking for but decent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

" Let put some happy little -10 uppers over here..."

image.thumb.png.15c411138a479e7de3c684bf94f03619.png

The ECM 0z needs more work..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Starved of seeing snow falling? Here's a wonderful video clip clip posted by BFTV just now ........wish you were here......