Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Looking for some help

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Moved into a new house with not only plenty of room for a nice desk for my PC but also a decent sized garden with space to put a weather station up.

I am the newest of newbies when it comes to this stuff though.

I don’t want to spend a fortune but I want it to be able to give me decent data on wind, temp, dew points, rainfall, pressure etc.

I have seen a lot that connect to handheld or desktop units but I would rather just connect straight into my PC.

any suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 28/11/2020 at 13:48, throwoff said:

Moved into a new house with not only plenty of room for a nice desk for my PC but also a decent sized garden with space to put a weather station up.

I am the newest of newbies when it comes to this stuff though.

I don’t want to spend a fortune but I want it to be able to give me decent data on wind, temp, dew points, rainfall, pressure etc.

I have seen a lot that connect to handheld or desktop units but I would rather just connect straight into my PC.

any suggestions?

This has a minimal workman-like console (that runs off batteries) and automatically saves 3 months of data within it - which you can then download.

WS2085box__48255.1578970473.600.600.png?
WWW.AERCUSINSTRUMENTS.COM

The WS2085 is the next generation in all-in-one wireless Professional Weather Stations. With its easy set-up and comprehensive weather information the WS2083 is a popular choice for commercial and home...

Connect the console via USB to your PC you can see live data in the free Cumulus v1 (PC only) and EastWeather software (PC & Mac). In that software you can also set alarms for min/max values and see graphs. I think it's as close as you'll get to what you want. The outdoor sensor array (made by Fine Offset)  is tried and tested - as reliable as is feasible under £500 (and far better than most other offerings!). It's a really great WS.

Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...
Posted

That's a bit of a poor choice for a modern weather station as its limited expansion wise and internet connectivity wise.

A better choice is the HP2551 clones (See the Watson station here)

With this you can auto upload to the Internet (ecowitt,net and other services) and add extra sensors as you want from Ecowitt. This is much more future proofed though will cost a little more than the WS2085

For the full range check out www.ecowitt.com which is the master brand for Fine Offset (Watson, Aercus etc are all rebadged version of Ecowitt)