Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Stations under £200

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Good Evening, please can I have your thoughts on the following weather stations that can both upload data to wunderground etc.

I don't have the funds to get the Rolls Royce of stations, I just need something that gives me the basics.

On the face of it both look very similar.

YC9387_T_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1589481646
YOUSHIKO.CO.UK

Latest 2020 UK Version , Youshiko YC9387 ( T ) many features,  weather...

WWW.WEATHERSHOP.CO.UK

The new Bresser 7002580 5-in-1 colour weather station combines a unique compact design with...

What are you opinions?

I'm replacing a £60 station bought from chlas olsen a few years ago, plastic holding sensors snapped due to uv damage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Is a console necessary? 

The reason I ask is, you can get a gateway that picks up any sensors you have and then uploads the data to the manufacturers free website and local app, as well as sending to Met Office WoW/WeatherCloud/Wunderground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Posted

The best affordable weather station £159. Easy to link with WU.

WEATHERSPARES.CO.UK

The Ventus W830 weather station allows you to monitor your weather remotely as...

Posted

The station below i purchased and installed last month so far very good no complaints from and the reviews all seem 5 star.

Same manufacture brand as yours but (W) model. £159.99

YC9387_6_1024x1024.jpg?v=1589199660
YOUSHIKO.CO.UK

Latest 2020 UK Version , Youshiko YC9387 many features,  weather conditions forecast icons. Wireless...

Edited by booferking

Posted

I second, Mapantz suggestions.

The stations sold by Froggit are made mostly by FineOffset and for the budget are far superior to the Ventus models and have a lot of expandability should you desire to add sensors for various things.

You will find if you go into weather forums that there is hardly anyone posting about Ventus stations but thousands posting about Froggit/Ecowitt/Ambient etc which are all branded Fine Offset stations, These stations are second only to Davis in the enthusiast stakes and are much more keenly priced. There are some other niche players but they are really still works in progress in my opinion

• 1 month later...
Posted

Hey I see you are not so far away from me - up in Norfolk. I 100% recommend..

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Great prices on your favourite Gardening brands, and free delivery on eligible orders.

or direct from the seller...

It's the top end of your budget but is such a great WS - and the display it one of the most advanced out there - displaying clear full-screen graphs from all the sensors. It saves data every 5 minutes by default (can be change to shorter or longer) the internal memory contains months of data and can be backed-up on a mSD card. Live data can be pushed to Wunderground (who I do not like at all), WeatherCloud (who I like a lot) and Ecowitt (who I like a lot and have professional visuals / graphs).

I've just ordered some soil sensors and a lightning sensor for it! (-you can also add additional internal temp/humidity sensors, air quality and leak detector). Truly a great WS, could be priced at 4 times it's current and still be great deal value.

As others have said these WS all come out of Fine Offset (OEM - HP2550, and appear in different countries as : Ecowitt HP2551, Froggit HP1000SE-PRO, Ambient Weather WS-2000). Ecowitt is taking much of the lead on additional sensors and firmware - and are a great company. 

For £200 you will be chuffed at the Watson W8686 - get it!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

I've just ordered some soil sensors and a lightning sensor for it! (-you can also add additional internal temp/humidity sensors, air quality and leak detector)

HI - What did you order and i wondered where from 

I was looking to add some additional sensors, but never got around to it 

Posted

For reference I have the following now

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 External AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) internal Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen (External high precision temperature and humidity sensor)
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 (production Test) Internal AQM sensor

These were all purchased or provided by Ecowitt (www.ecowitt.com)