Why!!!

have you become a postman

Just kidding mate,the more the merrier 

will the 18z follow the ECM?,i hope so.

Edited by Allseasons-si
typo

Posted
35 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

It is partly but will have little influence this Winter. 

Why will it not have influence and even positive? It has descended to lowest part of atmosphere and the easterlies have even strengthened. We currently have a lid with westerlies higher up they seem to be holding back from descending. It’s likely in first half of winter it will be easterly where we need it, maybe some are calling it faux eQBO as it is not consistent through atmosphere. But as with strong polar vortex we currently have a disconnect with stratosphere and troposphere. You can’t look at things from surface observation you must dig deeper. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
10 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

GFS 18z T126 compared to 12z T132:

F88A6BF5-7F02-401A-A1B5-8A16C60A8D91.thumb.png.4fe439c522506062969880454d2b580f.png6FA3C60B-3705-4397-83BF-18A064801988.thumb.png.4f4b6b84200c5b49f8601a2e982bcd04.png

WAA more northerly oriented, should be good run this.  

The trough isn't disrupting to the west of us though mike and that's why the heights are not lowering in Iberia,i mentioned this the other day,if the trough disrupts to our S/SE it props the high up.

Edited by Allseasons-si
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Allseasons-si said:

The trough isn't disrupting to the west of us though mike and that's why the heights are not lowering in Iberia,i mention this the other day,if the trough disrupts to our S/SE it props the high up.

Ah well game up.on the 18z!!over to the 00z lol!!!think ecm wont be as good on the 00z either!probably more of a high pressure across the uk than the cold easterly on the 12z!!hope to be wrong though!!dont mind dry and frosty for now to be fair!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
2 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

The trough isn't disrupting to the west of us though mike and that's why the heights are not lowering in Iberia,i mention this the other day,if the trough disrupts to our S/SE it props the high up.

No you are right it’s not turned out as good a run in the semi-reliable, elsewhere in the NH looks Ok for putting pressure on the strat vortex though.  

Posted
Just now, sheikhy said:

Ah well game up.on the 18z!!over to the 00z lol!!!think ecm wont be as good on the 00z either!probably more of a high pressure across the uk than the cold easterly on the 12z!!hope to be wrong though!!dont mind dry and frosty for now to be fair!

Game only beginning you mean watch for the big block west side. #Atlantic 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Northerly incoming T228:

A4CE2B4D-A574-4879-AE57-7E2584F346DA.thumb.png.5f315641d81633b9c4d8a440b10b3c9b.png

And a very disturbed vortex to boot.  Nothing nailed on yet, but some promising charts turning up on most runs now...I smell something brewing...

• Like 7

Posted
25 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

It's just one run though and maybe having a wobble...it's drunk

23 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

No you are right it’s not turned out as good a run in the semi-reliable, elsewhere in the NH looks Ok for putting pressure on the strat vortex though.  

yes the theme is still the same,the way i see it is that heights to our E/NE and  W/NW forcing troughs to run on a NW-SE trajectory through the UK like a stuck record but as you say these heights are putting huge pressure on the trop pv,it's cold up there with nearly -80 temps at 30 hpa so should we squeeze this already  ununiformed trop pv to lower lats(depending where) then somewhere will cop for it

i am watching those heights in the Atlantic in the extended because some of the ens have been showing some pretty good northerly blasts and i think that is where our next interest lies.

Edited by Allseasons-si
missed text
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Hold your horses! Day 10, however, there is ens agreement for fall in pressure from N/NW so we quickly move onto next area of interest after anticyclonic weak continental flow. It’s not looking likely we hold onto that for long but you can’t rule out anything. Maybe a shot of similar but second attempt of an actual cold easterly with lower pressure and colder continent makes you wonder.

11297641-95D6-4E70-8251-79EC37233AA8.thumb.png.eeea1f6d3429d0dc241d67ba198fe7a0.png83BC0E84-22AA-4F5D-86C6-A2EFD8BFD61E.thumb.png.d71a4cf612be6ec1fc481332651cbb9c.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Mother of all northerlies incoming...

71F08BC9-CD11-4149-A839-1A0F990EBBE9.png

The trop pv is pointing the finger at us Tim,the middle one

gfsnh-1-234.thumb.png.3da888b8f62904b7f02add6e24407df9.png

Yes a northerly of sorts but no where cold enough but at least it's showing.

what i don't see of which is a rarity at this time of the year is a zonal train,and whilst that is absent,then we stand a good chance going into winter.

Edited by Allseasons-si
added more text
  • Like 3

Posted

JMA T264 strat chart, nothing spectacular if you are looking for a SSW, but I’m not, at the moment anyway, maybe a hint of wave 2 pressure on the vortex, this could be important in delaying the day the trop and strat vortexes couple:

C17C9F93-C929-4FCE-947E-B180F67E2AE0.thumb.gif.4ba217cda41674e98becb6ee4e1192ff.gif

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

GFS likely to end on a rather familiar note - Atlantic barrelling in. 

image.thumb.png.b55b9c7fc9bb9fdceef1c4440b60386a.png

Posted
9 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

In the main this op is dry cool to cold with quite a bit of frost to boot...

I'd take it right now personally.

• Like 5

Posted
9 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

T+300 hours that though mate. Not a concern. 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

This is in fl PS and how is the Atlantic barreling in when you have lower heights to our S/SE and a block to our NE

you need to look at the bigger picture(nh),does the trop pv look round?

it certainly doesn't look like a zonal onslaught to me☺️

i hope that helps mate.

• Like 2

Posted

Good too see the models firming up more on the blocked high pressure set up, will be hoping for some frosty nights up here as they are quite rare to say the least. 

Looks hard too see a snowy set up developing though, there is no significant cold pools, Siberia is constantly above average as is most of the Siberian Arctic and there is no signs of the PV dropping into Scandinavia so its feeding off scraps really. That said, this less active Atlantic is more than welcoming though, I love deep lows but we had too much of that in recent years, hopefully it will be different come this winter. 

• Like 2

Posted

Day ten control...

gensnh-0-1-240.thumb.png.23c6e50b8327f4ac3cb54ad4c8ed8975.png

...incoming.

• Like 3

Posted

Great posts today and this evening, Exiting times ahead and it's not even Winter.... 

Lots to be happy and excited about. Hoarse frosts and stays cold and crisp with still Frost on the ground during the day is my kind of thing. 

• Like 2