Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Loss of data on Davis Vantage Vue

also, have you got any software on the pc for the link between console/pc? maybe worth running the software (if you have a CD) to see if there is a trouble shooter in the software bundle

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pit, thanks for your help with John on this. a cable replacement is going to be a lot cheaper than data logger. but its just another way of eliminating a fault. so let's hope the cheap way resolves it

You tell me, Pit was on a bit since I hoped he might enlighten us! Yep that is the end that wiull fit in the data logger. Where the other end is supposed to go I assume the back of the tower but

It's one of those situations where being there would help 😄 The only thing I can think of is, uninstall weatherlink software completely. Make sure you back up your data though. Reboot the compute

Posted Images

come on NW experts! 🙂 

lets see some more advice for this if you can help. i'm not having much success here because i don't know the setup of the kit John is using, so just giving him basic fault-finding advice

nope that taking the pc link out and putting it back no go although the little anemo that rotates usually when its downloading after clicking on window and summary did try to rotate once or twice!

1 minute ago, johnholmes said:

Tried that Tom, told me it does not exist even on test

but thanks

Mind you it comes up the same on COM 1.

So I guess somewhere between the console collecting data, or at least showing, up to date data alongside the pc and the pc is the problem? But what? All the wires, including power are all okay, I've checked a couple of times

4 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

Mind you it comes up the same on COM 1.

So I guess somewhere between the console collecting data, or at least showing, up to date data alongside the pc and the pc is the problem? But what? All the wires, including power are all okay, I've checked a couple of times

Can you view any of the live data on the weatherlink software on the PC like the summery page? Is that working properly?

No can get nothing on the weatherlink page at all, when all this started it had stopped at 0500 on 27/10 and then showed me it had, I think, 182 bits of data but would not download. Now the little anemo does not go round and I get a message saying there is no station!

Just done the checks from the Davis help on the web, that is okay and I have current weather on the console but still unable to download anything on to the pc

2 hours ago, MAF said:

also, have you got any software on the pc for the link between console/pc? maybe worth running the software (if you have a CD) to see if there is a trouble shooter in the software bundle

Only just seen this Mike, I don't think so but will have a good scout round

Battery low will remain for a while until the supercap charges up.

Are you using an old serial logger or a usb to serial converter or a straight usb connection.

I'm using a straight usb and since there's no physical com ports I have a silicon labs cp210X usb to uart Bridge on com 1.

Edited by The PIT

Hi Mike

'fraid not, done another check this morning on all connections including power and still nothing. I am going to take out the power and data logger and do a total restart on it and see if that sorts it. Sent an e mail to Weather shop to see if they had any ideas (where I bought it from Dec 2014) only to discover they are closed over the weekend.

I'll let you know what happens, the console currently is showing current weather and if I go back through it all this months max/min data for T and daily rainfall!

Many thanks for your support and suggestions

1 hour ago, The PIT said:

Hi John you haven't answered my qquestion.

Is it the old style serial logger or a usb logger to serial or straight usb?

Sorry had not seen it Pit, just logging back in prior to resetting the console.

Bought in 2014. You are talking to a pc numpty so not sure which. The data logger is linked into the back of the 'tower' via a two pin screw in system, is the best I can describe it as. Is that understandable to you?

To me I would say it is the old style serial logger but I could easily be wrong.

Will wait for your response, and thanks

3 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

Sorry had not seen it Pit, just logging back in prior to resetting the console.

Bought in 2014. You are talking to a pc numpty so not sure which. The data logger is linked into the back of the 'tower' via a two pin screw in system, is the best I can describe it as. Is that understandable to you?

To me I would say it is the old style serial logger but I could easily be wrong.

Will wait for your response, and thanks

3 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

It sounds like a driver issue between the PC and console, John?! Or possibly, the serial COM port  number has changed.. For instance, I use COM port 3.

Have you had any recent Windows updates?

This might be helpful M, I'll have a read and see what it suggests.

Windows 10 is more bloody trouble since being installed than 7, XP and way back to 3.1, in my view anyway.

logo516whiteandnavy-round.png
WWW.MANULA.COM

Windows 10 is a major new Windows release from Microsoft. While Windows 10 offers many benefits, it does now have the...

Does sound like a strange fault!

I can't understand why its stopped working, I know i had a similer issue a while back but I have the USB logger and all i did was double check the connection by testing it on the weatherlink program where it detects the connection and the problem solved itself?