Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Could someone please suggest to me the best weather app?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Afternoon everyone.

I was wondering what weather app you all use. I am tired and frustrated of InaccuWeather (which used to be reliable as far as weather forecasts go) getting it wrong all the time. I am now at the point of deleting it and forgetting about it.

Thank you, all.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I don’t use the apps a lot as they’re far from perfect but when I do I generally use the Met Office app. Whatever app sou use it’s best not to take the symbols too literally. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

3 apps I'd recommend: yr.no (Norwegian, free, and uses ECM data), Dark Sky (£3.99) gives pretty accurate and up-to-date rainfall radar (until Netweather sort an ios app!), and Weatherpro (£0.79) which is from MeteoGroup and is pretty good. These are all for ios, I've no idea about Android apps. You're best using a couple and triangulating - if they all say roughly the same thing you can have higher confidence in what actual weather is likely. 

Posted

There's a free netweather radar app in the IOS store at the moment. Plus the V8 radar (subscription) is also installable as an app on all devices, including ios now  

In terms of forecasts, it's not an app - but the ones on this site have had massive upgrades of late - they're using UKV data which is about as accurate as it gets in the UK. Plus they're plugged into the radar and look ahead a few hours to get up to the minute updates as rain approaches/clears etc. 

hot.jpg
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

The latest hour-by-hour weather forecast for your location over next 7 days. Includes pollen count and UV index.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

Sorry Paul - having been watching the thread for a NW Radar app for the last year(?) or so, I must have missed this. Is there a guide to installing it as an ios app somewhere you can point me to? It's not on the Apple app store. 

Posted
26 minutes ago, in the vale said:

Sorry Paul - having been watching the thread for a NW Radar app for the last year(?) or so, I must have missed this. Is there a guide to installing it as an ios app somewhere you can point me to? It's not on the Apple app store. 

For the V8 radar in extra, if you visit in Safari, it'll should load up a bar at the bottom telling you how to choose the 'add to homescreen' option.

z332091f9c65d90c528d.png

If you then click the icon, it should show this menu, so you can add it to your homescreen. It'll then install itself as an app, and be usable in the same way. It's a PWA (more info here), so isn't in the app store. 

addtohomescreen.png