Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted

Yeah, just need to see this sleety rain to clear without doing too much damage to the snow cover and a freeze tonight,Ā hopefully. My kids have been sledging every day since Tuesday and it would be a shame if that came to an end. They are even out just now in the damp conditions which is pretty hard core and wouldnā€™t beĀ me.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Temperatures hovered between zero and 1C thisĀ morning with light drizzle at times after the heavierĀ early wintry mix.(pic below) Some blue sky about nowĀ and the temperature has jumped over 2 degrees in the last hour to 3C. Ā  Still very icy underfoot though as you can see from the street outside my house just now.

B4D73A75-B9F1-43F1-B585-38B161DA930F.jpeg

5339F1AA-25CE-44D9-B8E2-E913277A75FA.jpeg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 8

Posted
27 minutes ago, Sanserit said:

I'm just old enough to remember the winters of the 60s but spent many a drunken Hogmany of the 80s first footing through blizzards on foot from Garthdee to Northfield...well, at least two!

After a decent snowfall yesterday, I woke to far less snow and much more rain than I thought I would.

Currently 4.9c, up from a minimum of -2.5c.

Garthdee over to Northfield is a bit if a hike, more so in deep snow. The drink probably helped pass the journey lol.

My Grandfather stayed in Garthdee and was forever showing me pictures of the time the North Sea froze. The pictures were taken around fittie. Dont recall the year but it must have been super cold.

• Like 4

Posted
23 minutes ago, edo said:

Aye well I could have told you Bungle that Jane's not the same in the morning without the makeup.Ā 

hqdefault.thumb.jpg.57844890ab1958b9c45c97a549ad644a.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
44 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

Best of luck. I'm just back from Tesco over at Galston, which is going like a circus with controlled access to the drinks aisle (well I say 'controlled'; it was more like a scene from 300 Spartans,) and having finally filled my basket, with what non-Scottish people may have considered to be an excessive amount of alcohol, I found a cashier, filled my bags and paid the girl. Then, as I swung one of the bags off the counter thingy, the handles ripped off and fourĀ bottles of white, two of red, two of fizz and a tin of baby carrots (well a man has to eat) hitĀ the deck and three bottles smashed. You can imagine my surprise when a couple of assistants appeared, started tidying up the mess and then set about replacing the smashed bottles free of charge. I still can't believe it now. Well done Tesco.

Meanwhile, the temperature has risen to 2.8deg.C and the snow on the roads has melted. However the rain stayed off and the rest of the snow is ready for a good freeze tonight. Just a pity that we're not allowed to go out for a crunchy walk at midnight. The dew point has risen to 2deg.C and diablo, he say rain. So, a pishy end to a pishy year then, but whatever the weather I wish all my fellow Scottie Threaders a damn fine Hogmanay and a far superior New Year.

Right, where's my bottle opener? We're only fifteen minutes away from a bottle of windfall wine...

It really is a small world. I was at the checkout to your left Iā€™m pretty sure. Seen it happening. Never took in who it happened to and I was too busy running for the drinking straw aisle to aid in the clean up. Did a woman by any chance tell you you dropped your card?

• Like 5