Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Definitely lamppost rain happening here just now, although this is always one of the most marginal parts of town. Guess I'll know by the morning if its a washout here, but would expect anything south and west of Viewforth/Bruntsfield to still be fine. Could do with a clearance and a bit of frost just to secure whats here.

Edited by Sunny Leith
  • Like 5

Posted
16 minutes ago, Sunny Leith said:

Definitely lamppost rain happening here just now, although this is always one of the most marginal parts of town. Guess I'll know by the morning if its a washout here, but would expect anything south and west of Viewforth/Bruntsfield to still be fine. Could do with a clearance and a bit of frost just to secure whats here.

Still snowing here. Just come on heavy again! Council snow plough just been down clearing the road! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 6

Posted

Haha brilliant, saw the radar before going to sleep and thought that precip might make it here and it did. Woke up to a covering of fluffy snow that wasn't forecast after 2 days of warnings that resulted in nothing  looks like just east and then south of here had the heavier stuff but I'll take it! 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Happy Campers!  Some lovely snow pics there. sadly none from Skye. Today we have rain. Sleety, pishy rain. Horrible. It might improve later in the week, might even see some sunshine if I go looking for it! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Sunday night through Monday morning we were too far East and ended up with the slightest covering O' Snaw, but it did stay covered all day!

Last night! Now we were too far West and only got a further very slight covering which combined is still not enough to measure

But Hey ho its all white!

Big less than chuffed Iness

• Like 8

Posted

It definitely snowed overnight as the local hills are much whiter compared to yesterday. Around the house evidence of slight snowfall. 

Milder than of late with a temperature of 2C, mostly cloudy with the sun trying to appear.

• Like 4

Posted
28 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Ok when is the next round ?

Ahem, some if us are still waiting for the first round...in fact the first snowflake of winter! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

It did snow from the blob here.   Started light, then got heavier and back to light again.   All told, around 3cms I think.   Very nice to see and still cold at 0.4c with DP at -0.3c and pressure 992mbs.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Some great pics from what seemed like a bit of an unexpected event. Even a little dusting making it all the way through here, despite thinking it would long have fizzled out and that I was in the wrong place for the trajectory it was on in any case. 

01AA80CE-8060-4A26-BE8D-698B8FB85426.thumb.jpeg.b7c9e0c30cea1c267ef5d789d5faf288.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

A dusting here and 6cm in Abernethy... Incredible how localised weather can be.... Some great pics everyone let's hope for more... Could do with that feature on hogmanay pushing further inland. 

• Like 6

Posted

Light rain for the last half hour. The paths and drive are like an ice rink.

Pop a couple of Prozac tablets prior to visiting the MAD thread today. Something has clearly upset the herd.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
1 hour ago, Sceptical said:

It definitely snowed overnight as the local hills are much whiter compared to yesterday. Around the house evidence of slight snowfall. 

Milder than of late with a temperature of 2C, mostly cloudy with the sun trying to appear.

31 minutes ago, howham said:

We've got freezing rain.  I just saw the postie come a cropper...

My sloped driveway is lethal this morning, and after spreading half a bag of grit on it it still doesn't look much better. Must have been some either wet snow or heavy sleet falling which then froze. Some evidence of it on the grass too. Currently a sunny 1.8C.

The next 'event' is probably Thursday, but for the NE it's looking like it will be slightly too warm again and we'll see rain rather than snow, unfortunately. I'm assuming the ski resorts are doing well out of this, but I don't have the heart to look what with the Covid situation.

• Like 5

Posted
44 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

My sloped driveway is lethal this morning, and after spreading half a bag of grit on it it still doesn't look much better. Must have been some either wet snow or heavy sleet falling which then froze. Some evidence of it on the grass too. Currently a sunny 1.8C.

The next 'event' is probably Thursday, but for the NE it's looking like it will be slightly too warm again and we'll see rain rather than snow, unfortunately. I'm assuming the ski resorts are doing well out of this, but I don't have the heart to look what with the Covid situation.

The Lecht have been offering snow sports, albeit limited, for days. Meanwhile Cairngorm Mountain remains closed due to Covid-19. I find that slightly odd.

Glenshee are also open but only for Aberdeenshire and Perthshire customers.

Current conditions from the Lecht.

Screenshot_20201229-105044_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 9