Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Had a  bit of everything this morning, ground is still wet but the sky is clearing in the north and still horrible to the south. Which of my clocks are right?

Temperature currently 9.1deg.C up from 7.7deg.C minimum at 02:57, humidity is 92%, very light wind recorded as coming from the east, northeast, northwest and west in the last hour, pressure is 989.2hPa rising and there's been 8.6mm of rain since midnight.

• Like 3
  • Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nipped into Kinross this afternoon / evening and could be forgiven for thinking I'd climbed a hill in Norway! 😮  

When I was in primary school many decades ago I did a project about Canada and one of the many places I fell in love with was Lake Louise, it's gorgeous any time but even more so when it's completely

Hi folks, it's been a while since I've dropped in! I was away again finishing my Master's this time in Innsbruck, and while I'm not quite done yet I'm back living in Scotland. Fairly interesting

Posted Images

Cool day at a maxiumum of 11c mostly overcast with a bit of drizzle but late afternoon a break appeared over the Firth and Morven in Caithness could be seen. 20201026_160048.thumb.jpg.99d86570be5eafa972b7a0f0b2898787.jpg

• Like 6

A bright enough morning today if a bit damp and chilly.

Temperature currently 8.0deg.C up from a minimum of 5.6deg.C at 04:18, humidity is 92%, wind is very light at 3mph from the south to southwest and a max gust of 8mph half an hour ago, pressure is 989.8hPs falling fast, there's been 0.6mm of rain today with 2.8mm in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 4

It stayed dry this morning until just as we got back from an early lunch at 1pm, although a cold wind encouraged a brisk walking pace, but once the light rain started it kept going for most of the afternoon.

Maximum temperature was 9.5deg.C at 12:02, maximum wind speed was 22mph at 14:43, 11mm of rain fell since midnight and 8/8 cloud cover remained in place all day.

• Like 4

Temperature currently 7.1deg.C up from a minimum of 6.6deg.C at 08:01, humidity is 91%, wind is at 4 or 5mph from the south to southwest with a maximum gust of 12mph, pressure is 991.1 rising slowly, 1mm of rain has fallen since midnight and cloud cover is 8/8. All in all a fairly uneventful autumn day so far.

• Like 2

Very wet overnight but today basically a repeat of the last few days - sunny start, cloud building in the late morning, leading to overcast conditions in the afternoon.

Light winds, max of 10c.  Not a bad type of weather for working outside.

For here at least it's actually been a benign autumn so far temperature wise, no evidence of any frost damage yet to any of the half-hardy annuals, so a welcome bonus of colour heading into November!

• Like 4

Looks like the month is going to end just as it started...wet 😶

It's been not too bad on Deeside over the last couple of days, even managed to sit outside for a couple of hours on Monday still a hefty ninja shower popped up from nowhere.

Our walking challenge at work is almost finished but my other one goes on until the end of the year. Pleased with my 60 miles so far, I just hope we get a prolonged dry, cold spell over the next few weeks to let me get my miles up.

• Like 7

It's a drizzly sort of morning. No use to anyone.

Temperature currently 8.6deg.C up from a minimum of 5.9deg.C at 07:00, humidity is 94%, very light south-southeasterly breeze, pressure is 1001.6hPa falling, and there's been 3.2mm of rain today and 14.4mm in the last 24 hours.

• Like 4

Don't worry @Puffy MacCloudthat drizzle will soon turn into torrential rain. I'm planning on walking the dog around 2.45pm - so around then would be about right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've not heard rain rattling off my skylights for over 24 hours..😂😂😂 i think that might be a record for the last 2 months..😂😂😂

• Like 4

I really do think the charts over the next few weeks are worth keeping an eye on, I’m still going for the higher pressure building across Scandinavia and looking out for the cold air / cold pools to the E / NE. 10 years on from that magic winter we couldn’t could we 🧐😏 ❄️ anim_qzt7.gif

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Mair Snaw said:

@Northernlights sorry to hear of your loss.. and a shame you couldnt say goodbye in the normal way.

@Blitzen good to see you back among us in this crazy place. And none of us are talking to @CatchMyDrift due to him naffing off to a cold snowy country 😭😭

On holiday or relocation?