Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted

Pretty wild in Glasgow right now I presume it to be the arrival of Bella.  Temp on waking was 5.9°, gusts of 55mph predicted.  Would have thought UKMO would have extended their yellow warning to cover Glasgow-Edinburgh reigon and south.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Still snow lying from Xmas eve but it's suffering badly from the milder temps. We might be down to just piles where it was cleared by the time tomorrow comes. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Merry Christmas, hope everyone had a lovely day. 

I was feeding the birds this morning and there is a bit of a breeze swaying the Christmas lights (or is it me ?) 

• Like 4

Posted

Snow and ice warning out for the South West now for Tomorrow night... Doh  Hope you all had a good Christmas!

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

• Like 6

Posted

Aberdeenshire PermagloomTM has settled in once again with a current temp of 6.9c, up from an overnight low of 2.8c. Strongest gust reported in my garden so far is 20.4km/hr. 

I'm enjoying having the remote to myself while the young 'uns endure the conditions.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Good morning, I hope that those of you who did Christmas did it well. I couldn't be bothered. Today is a dark grey day, damp looking and a bit windy but no sign of the storm yet.

Temperature 6.6deg.C up from a minimum of 5.6deg.C at 01:47, humidity 88%, wind 5 to 12mph south-southwesterly with a max gust of 22mph at 10:58, pressure is 1003.9hPa dropping like a stone, and there's been 1.8mm of rain so far today.

• Like 6

Posted

I suspect that the dog walk today may be a wee bit shorter than advertised. This xc forecast has, however, cheered me up! 

IMG_20201226_111646.png

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
15 hours ago, Ravelin said:

@scottish skierNo problem with chrome for me, on both android tablet and Win10 PC.

Up to 5.2C outside now, hopefully the snow here won't take too much of a hit before it turns colder again early Sunday. 

Thanks. Turns out it was a corrupt cookie and clearing these solved the problem.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
2 hours ago, 101_North said:

What a beautiful day for a long ago planned walk with friends

Ha ha! To be fair it does feel quite unusual for Boxing Day. I've always found it to be a reliable day for walking off the gluttony.....1998 notwithstanding of course!

Anyway festive greetings to everyone on here. Lovely to see the wintriness up north for the chosen few  

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Screenshot_20201226_125904.thumb.jpg.558e20a9e987d22caf94a44d4c267710.jpgdownload.jpeg.dc985007791d5833e9227ad420605a6c.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

The snows taken a hammering overnight thanks to milder temperatures and a brisk SW wind. Trending colder again in a few hours and the prospect for an ice day for parts of NE Scotland and wintry weather further west and south.

Looking chilly next week with temperatures close to freezing coupled with an increase in precipitation mid week onwards.

Could be interesting....

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Merry Christmas, fellow kilters. Hope you managed to make the best of it yesterday and that Santa was good to you all.

It was a seasonal start to Christmas Day here, with a decent frost after an overnight low of -2.5°C. Gradually turned cloudier and milder throughout the big day, though it stayed mainly dry.

It's Boxing Day Bella out there now though - pretty foul. Looking ahead to later on, it starts turning colder again overnight and then, let the fun and games begin...

A quick scan of the models this morning and it's looking on the cold side through to Ne'er Day and beyond - and then, perhaps a SSW on the way. Latest Met Office long range update reads about as cold and wintry as they ever get, so that January could be very special.

Enjoy the 'Daft Days' in the run-up to Hogmanay and I hope that you all see some of the white stuff. Bring on the snaw and wax the sledges! ⛄❄️☃️❄️

Edited by Polar Gael
  • Like 8

Posted

Very windy here with strong SW wind and bursts of rain,currently 6.5c

Flocks of pigeons about this morning a sure sign that the weather is probably going to  get  worse as they rely on group knowledge of the best available feed supplies.

Wintering sheep shifted too with aid of young Mr Northernlights and the wind . Got them into the next field and they immediately found the hidden gate into the young  grass which saved us a lot of effort. Who says sheep are stupid? Now near steading for supplementary feed and tshelter next to a wood if the weather worsens.

• Like 5

Posted

Pretty foul day here. Wet, wild and cold. Nice to see the warnings up on Metoffice, so fingers crossed for a few flakes. 

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 7

Posted
3 hours ago, shuggee said:

I suspect that the dog walk today may be a wee bit shorter than advertised. This xc forecast has, however, cheered me up! 

IMG_20201226_111646.png

Never in a million years

Screenshot_20201226-142851.thumb.png.2bd959e959509f4aace656d4b3d5635a.png

• Like 3

Posted

Foul day here and Storm Bella is already wreaking havoc! 

C3B93105-19D1-439B-9BC4-E11DDCD61E00.thumb.jpeg.26cc7417f4c3dc2a53ad7fd40854e16d.jpeg

Nothing for it than to sit in front of the fire and work through some mince pies and Christmas chocolate!

E7222A05-55B5-44F2-B392-24B8A177050C.thumb.jpeg.eba1ea82ae5725e0b66e77788d108ae3.jpeg

So tomorrow into Monday brings some snow potential. With a little bit of elevation, I’m hoping I see something. 

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Never in a million years

Screenshot_20201226-142851.thumb.png.2bd959e959509f4aace656d4b3d5635a.png

Right enough @101_North if I see my 0.1cm of snow I’ll be amazed. 

15AE40C7-276E-4046-882F-D90A40A7F8CC.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
37 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Foul day here and Storm Bella is already wreaking havoc! 

C3B93105-19D1-439B-9BC4-E11DDCD61E00.thumb.jpeg.26cc7417f4c3dc2a53ad7fd40854e16d.jpeg

Nothing for it than to sit in front of the fire and work through some mince pies and Christmas chocolate!

E7222A05-55B5-44F2-B392-24B8A177050C.thumb.jpeg.eba1ea82ae5725e0b66e77788d108ae3.jpeg

So tomorrow into Monday brings some snow potential. With a little bit of elevation, I’m hoping I see something. 

Blimey that’s a clean fire, is it an eco stove?

• Like 2

Posted

Really short day with the thick cloud cover.More or less dark till 9.30 am and was dark again just after 3.00pm.Real midwinter. Be nice to see some more light in February with frozen ground and snowcover hopefully.

• Like 4

Posted
47 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Blimey that’s a clean fire, is it an eco stove?

It’s a Wiking Mini 2 which is one of these modern eco design defra approved ones. In a modern estate and we are one of only two who have one so need to keep smoke to a minimum. Any soot inside clears once you get a good amount of heat in it and with the air wash system, very little tar ever appears on the glass, This is the 3rd winter with it. Burn kiln dried mixed hardwood from a local supplier mixed in with stuff I have accumulated myself that’s at least 2 years seasoned. 

• Like 5