Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted

With due apologies to the Aberdeenshire posse, it’s been a pretty decent day here in NE Fife. Dry with some bright and sunny breaks and feeling mild at 8c in light winds. 

4524E756-8C6F-4233-A82E-D2E0DAC7B31B.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
22 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

With due apologies to the Aberdeenshire posse, it’s been a pretty decent day here in NE Fife. Dry with some bright and sunny breaks and feeling mild at 8c in light winds. 

4524E756-8C6F-4233-A82E-D2E0DAC7B31B.jpeg

Haven't seen the sun here since Saturday!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

Haven't seen the sun here since Saturday!

Yeah I could see even Largo Law was shrouded. You get the snow, I get the sunshine, it’s nature’s balance 

• Like 3

Posted
8 hours ago, mardatha said:

I think I'll hibernate - just need a good stash of sweeties and cake. Haddit wi this winter.

I feel your pain...and we're only 11 days in 

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Quinach said:

The one good thing is that the rain is nowhere near as heavy as the Met Office forecasted.

You spoke too soon, just after you posted that, daughter took dogs for a short walk to the post box and they came back sodden after a total of 15 minutes!  All four were like drookit rats!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Models very messy at the minute probably a mix of things especially the Arctic high, also MJO and goings on in the strat so probably best to take a bit of a break from each and every run and definitely avoiding the mod thread possibly the most chaotic I’ve seen it in my 11 years of being on here, the folk that love taking the mick of any potential cold weather then if it looks mild trying to go the “told u so” route all very childish IMO but anyway won’t be wasting my time with it I’m still looking for the pressure rise over Scandi and the big cold pool gradually coming west D1AFC3D6-7F53-4A23-91A6-2F90C8736C1F.thumb.png.aa66fd2fa7b424969ad8b679903d0ad0.pngDEF2A78F-4A76-418C-A81C-0DF2480795C6.thumb.png.11f056a91e34b427782ea2ba159078b6.png7F50D59D-C870-4FFF-A183-53A48A7DB4C7.thumb.png.2265da446a4910133a4a2631e82ee759.png628B0F16-822A-4578-B1F2-D8D63F8D0D73.thumb.png.337971f6ccf6684b83cd2cf419cb4ae6.png

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 6

Posted

Pretty grim day in Stirling. Have closed the blind in my office as its depressing. Wonder if this drizzle will do one by 10pm for our Drive-in movie at the Falkirk stadium. Home Alone, so at least something festive weather wise. 

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
On 10/12/2020 at 14:23, mardatha said:

Rain just started and wind picking up. Total bleugh.

What a wonderfully descriptive word 'bleugh' is! No? Oh, no matter Pierre.

Temperature now 6.6deg.C and 6.0mm of rain has fallen so far today. Again, it seems we're getting off lightly compared to some.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Mostly dull, damp or rain at times. Exactly the same as the ret of this week so far. Only difference is that it was a couple of degrees warmer today maxing at 7.0C.

@Kirkcaldy Weather You are definitely an optimist.   Hope that you are right!

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

What ever you do stay away from the mad house, winters over (possible true) will we ever see snow again? Its all Glosea5's fault aswell... and even Mr Murr has thrown in the towel..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

And the model pendulum swings back...

gfs-0-306.thumb.png.bdf1a740189ae6d9093834ee8570a0f9.png gfs-1-306.thumb.png.543357eb8ea7e2e99b5e55d1f83e7422.png

Obviously always going to change again at that range but illustrates how the 'winter is over' merchants are so premature.

Currently calm, misty, slightly drizzly and relatively mild. Kind of yuk, but not as yucky as it's been at times this week.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all,

Yesterday’s brightness has gone and it’s dreich and damp. Currently 8.2c in Pittenweem.

Not much to add to @Ravelin very sensible post above. I gave up viewing  model threads years ago, and just have a daily two minute peek at GFS and ECM. As a lifestyle choice it was definitely a good decision for me  Besides everything really has to go right to deliver snow here! 

• Like 3

Posted

After several grey, damp days there is some brightness today and even the occasional bits of blue sky and sun. Not feeling particularly wintery though. 

I had looked into the mad house several days ago and it was all cross polar flows and references to 1947 and 1963. How things change! Sometimes it’s as if they think the models control the weather rather than predict it!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

The rain has stopped, the sun is out, we're off for a restaurant lunch; what a fine day.

Temperature 9.1deg.C up from a min of 5.3deg.C at 06:51, humidity is 90%, wind is 0 to 4mph northwesterly, pressure is 1001.6hPa, there's been 5.6mm of rain today and cloud cover is currently 2/8.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
19 hours ago, Cheggers said:

Pretty grim day in Stirling. Have closed the blind in my office as its depressing. Wonder if this drizzle will do one by 10pm for our Drive-in movie at the Falkirk stadium. Home Alone, so at least something festive weather wise. 

We were there too. Luckily I'd taken a portable radio as car battery gave a warning after 45 minutes. I also embarrassed the kids by manually clearing the windscreen with the broken wiper ( @101_Northstill not fixed Mr Snowidea's blooper). Luckily just a few drops of rain so only had to embarass them twice

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Back in Aviemore and Snaw!!!

IMG-20201212-WA0000.jpg

I miss Aviemore so much!  I work on the Strathspey Railway and haven't been able to this year at all due to Covid - Last trip of last year (end of October), it snowed! 

So, I've already decided that retirement = Aviemore lol 

Tim

• Like 5

Posted
7 hours ago, snowidea said:

We were there too. Luckily I'd taken a portable radio as car battery gave a warning after 45 minutes. I also embarrassed the kids by manually clearing the windscreen with the broken wiper ( @101_Northstill not fixed Mr Snowidea's blooper). Luckily just a few drops of rain so only had to embarass them twice

Was wanting to take a radio, but ended up leaving car running (Hybrid) as it only kicked in 3 times. Glad rain held off aside from minor drizzle near the end. £6 for a hot dog though

Grey dreich day again. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Aberdeenshire permagloom still firmly in place this morning. Currently 4.7C, dead calm, dry but misty and damp feeling. 

This would do as my Xmas present this year, so you can all club together and get it for me... 

gfsnh-0-288.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning all!

Don't ask me which morning, as they have all looked and felt the same for the past week!!   No wonder people from this country are described as grey looking!!

This IS a coloured photo!!

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 5