Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good to see some areas getting a bit of a top up today - while this was sort of on the radar (to pardon the pun, especially given the amount of false echoes I saw nearby to start with) it wasn't reall

Posted Images

@101_North image.thumb.gif.a213042db1ff97bc373b7232ab85f7d8.gif 🤣

@LomondSnowstorm great to have you back on here, were u in Fife for those supercells on the 11th /12th August? 👀 You have any thoughts for this winter? I’m actually liking the big blocking high to the east as I mentioned think that was a big factor in 62/63 and probably other cold winters, also some interest possibly gearing up in the strat so 🤞we can have a snowy one especially now u have returned 😜

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

@101_North image.thumb.gif.a213042db1ff97bc373b7232ab85f7d8.gif 🤣

@LomondSnowstorm great to have you back on here, were u in Fife for those supercells on the 11th /12th August? 👀 You have any thoughts for this winter? I’m actually liking the big blocking high to the east as I mentioned think that was a big factor in 62/63 and probably other cold winters, also some interest possibly gearing up in the strat so 🤞we can have a snowy one especially now u have returned 😜

Cheers! I was - never seen a storm like it! Glenrothes Airport ended up with over 100mm in 12 hours! I think the level of intensity we're seeing with convection now makes it pretty tough to forecast - even last night seemed more intense than equivalent sorts of set ups, although this is an unusually deep low.

I did have a wee look at doing a winter forecast but didn't properly have time, provisionally I think it's shaping up quite well though - certainly some promising signs for the next few weeks with the signals for blocking and vortex weakening (at least last time I looked at the charts properly at that range).

• Like 7