Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good to see some areas getting a bit of a top up today - while this was sort of on the radar (to pardon the pun, especially given the amount of false echoes I saw nearby to start with) it wasn't reall

Posted Images

Posted

Most of what was on the ground has been taken by the gritters unfortunately but was really nice to see it keep snowing more or less after than rumble of thunder (not too loud and no lightning) long may this continue all winter (OK it won't) 😉

• Like 8
    Posted
    22 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

A nice wee dusting of snow this morning. The roads are pretty lethal with the ice. 

54F818EB-5295-48F5-803E-7D50FEBAD785.thumb.jpeg.6e9bcb44e50d374e0b10c97854ffdef9.jpeg

I was lucky enough to capture a flash of lightning on my dash cam on the way home from work last night.

Hopefully this is a sign of a decent winter 🙂

Great capture, that's about a minute away from my house so I definetley slept through it 🤣

• Like 5
    Posted
    2 hours ago, 101_North said:

I wasn't expecting to introduce my new back garden so early in the winter 😂🤣 

20201203_070254-931x1862.thumb.jpg.12321758c1a7675c0cff588c0464b4bd.jpg

Getting close to an inch but not been outside to check for sure! Quite slushy though but a nice surprise!

I definitely need a new back light though 😂🤣

Glad to see I won’t be homeless 🤭🤭

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Was that it?

Temperature 0.7deg.C up from 0.2deg.C at 08:43, humidity 96%, wind zero, pressure 989.5hPa falling, 2.0mm of rain (sleet), dew point 0deg.C, 4/8 cloud cover.

Diablo still say snow.

sleety lace (2).jpg

sleety slabs (2).jpg

sleety landy (2).jpg

• Like 9
    Posted

Nothing at home. Not even an air frost (minimum at 0.2C). Had to drive into Edinburgh today to fix my car, and the settled snow started at West Linton and lasted all the way in and around the bypass even to the A1/East Lothian boundary. Frozen slush on the cars in Seafield even. Arthur's Seat looking very pretty, as of course are the Pentlands...

• Like 9
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Managed to capture M2 satellite image as it went overhead. Plenty snow cover over Scotland if you look closely . 

sn (2).png

• Like 8
    Posted

The met office have expanded tomorrow's warnings West a bit so it includes here. That's rain tomorrow then! As soon as they expanded today's warning at 6am a heavy snow shower heading towards us died off and we never got any more 🤣

Edit: meto warning page is having technical difficulties so may not be accurate, who knows then! 

Edited by Ross B
    • Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Nowt here apart from Frost, tonight im forecast 6 hours of sleet and then pish for the next 2 days.. my need to move inland and higher up is now more important, even the kids are moaning about the lack of snaw..😂😂

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Afternoon all! As expected, a dusting of snow atop the Cuillins. Temp dropped to -1.1c last night and was at 1.4c at 7.15 this morning. Now at -0.1c. Clear skies, no wind, looks a it'll be frosty tonight! Lit the stove in the kitchen this morning. It only gets lit when it's very cold. ❄️🔥

• Like 7