Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

As expected here pretty much identical to yesterday. Max of 11.1C, min of 6.5C and cloudy all day. Just a tad milder and with less of a breeze.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 2
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening all, been a couple of weeks so I’m admiring the new look on here.  Was mostly dry here until mid afternoon but wet since then, thoroughly miserable. Currently 10.6c in Pittenweem. Howev

I've been to many places in Scotland but to my eternal shame today was my first visit to Dundee. For a southerner like me maybe this isn't too big an oversight but my Grandad was a Dundonian so I have

Further to this very humid weather a five day old thriving calf suddenly became ill this morning and was treated for pneumonia but didn"t improve this afternoon so got vet to give some IV steroid to h

Posted Images

Still in bed. Think its raining but cant be bothered to look. Very late night with my boys having a lads night with a 10 year old and an 11 year old can be very silly. Scalectrix was great fun after 30 years this old dog still has it..😂😂😂🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎

• Like 8

Well in spite of high pressure we have had a lot of rain these last two nights and ground is saturated.Very busy day yesterday with three calvings one of which ended up as a caesarian with a very grumpy cow. At least it was done in daylight.

• Like 8

It's dull and chilly out, but dry. I have a sore head.

Temperature currently 8.3deg.C up from a minimum of 5.9deg.C at 07:20, humidity is 86%, there's no wind, no rain, pressure is 1028.9hPa steady, and there is 8/8 cloud cover but it's pretty thin.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ lifted for a short time today but normal service was resumed by early afternoon with temperatures falling away steadily 6.9c currently. At least I managed to stay dry while out cycling at lunchtime and walking the dogs afterwards. Treating myself to a takeaway now and enjoying a wee glass of something strong.

• Like 9

Another very misty drizzly evening making everything saturated again. Local tattie grower going on tonight ploughing through heaps of mud to harvest seed. Currently 8c

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Sanserit said:

The Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ lifted for a short time today but normal service was resumed by early afternoon with temperatures falling away steadily 6.9c currently. At least I managed to stay dry while out cycling at lunchtime and walking the dogs afterwards. Treating myself to a takeaway now and enjoying a wee glass of something strong.

Similar down here. Some brightness for a time this morning then the cloud thickened from lunchtime. Just a spit of rain but gloomy pm. Max of 10.5C at lunchtime.

• Like 4

Shock, horror, sunshine!

For one minute at 10am.

Then a return to Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ with the added frisson of heavy drizzle showers off and on in the afternoon.  Light winds, max of 8c.

See there has been a rash of attempted dog-napping around Aberdeen the last few days, some real low-lifes our there.  Closer to home, friend nearby had their recycling bin stolen the other day - found dumped in a ditch a few miles away, contents lying everywhere.  Another low-life, this time looking for paperwork to do identity theft.  It's going to be a long fraught winter at this rate. 😒

Snag_24631a0.thumb.png.43e37b73f9da9387277c3fbbe9f22b7d.png

• Like 7

Just a quick question from me... is there a difference in say 50m asl in the far north of scotland to say 50m asl in Aberdeenshire?? Would 50m in the far north be the equivalent to sag 100m in Aberdeenshire?? 

Very acceptable morning with some decent spells of sunshine.

Snag_1e56fba.thumb.png.1b8324830455839434ca3ca9f33fcdb6.png

Downhill after that with the afternoon dry but completely overcast and feeling downright cold if you weren't moving around, even though winds were light.

Max of 8c.

Kids negotiating (nagging) for access to Netflix at the moment, looking at the weather forecast for the next few days, I suspect the parents will acquiesce with a months trial starting tomorrow 😉

• Like 4

Another bike ride and a longer than normal dog walk meant I worked up enough heat to stave off the chill thats becoming noticeable now that the Aberdeenshire Permagloom is settling in. High of 10.7c, low of 5.1c but no rain and just a gentle breeze.

F195965E-9CCA-4140-987A-917451282843_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.45a7e41fbe99debcf6261f276999b0fe.jpeg 06E3015B-0623-48ED-AEBE-BEA7ADF9E548_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.6b9cdabed7a78cb93fefb627abafcbd4.jpeg 

• Like 8

We've been very lucky here to have had a long and unseasonable run of decent mid-autumn weather with light winds, sparse cloud and bright days. Not any more.

Temperature currently 10.9deg.C up from a minimum of 9.2deg.C at midnight, humidity is 95%, the wind is blowing from the southeast at between 1 and 10mph, pressure is 1010.9 falling, 7.0mm of rain has fallen so far today with a maximum rate of 12.2mm/hr at 07:17 and it's cloudy and very dull.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Quinach said:

Very acceptable morning with some decent spells of sunshine.

Aye it was, which let me get a bit more garden tidying done before it went downhill. Definetly downhill this morning, with 7C, grey and misty, with heavy drizzle/light rain (nearly 3mm since 6am). A really yuk sort of day. 

• Like 2