Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good to see some areas getting a bit of a top up today - while this was sort of on the radar (to pardon the pun, especially given the amount of false echoes I saw nearby to start with) it wasn't reall

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Blitzen said:

images.jpg

Ah, Blitzen, I see we're already acquainted. I trust that went well, back in the day.

Temperature 13.6deg.C up from a minimum of 12.1deg.C at 03:15, humidity 90%, wind between 3 and 21mph generally southerly, pressure 1009.0hPa, there's been 1.6mm of rain since midnight and 10.6mm in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 1

Looking like a shot for an ice day or pretty close in the highlands on Thursday which is good going for this time of year then the temperatures will be dropping very fast could be around freezing by early evening in many areas with nearly all of us getting a frost into Friday. anim_mye6.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Temperature 13.2deg.C down from a maximum of 13.7deg.C at 12:09, humidity 94%, wind between 2 and 7mph southeasterly, pressure 1010.2hPa steady, and rainfall today has increased to 4.8mm and 13.6mm in the last 24 hours. Hard to tell what the cloud cover is because it's dark. Despite this my weather station is now confidently predicting sunny intervals in the near future.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

Temperature 13.2deg.C down from a maximum of 13.7deg.C at 12:09, humidity 94%, wind between 2 and 7mph southeasterly, pressure 1010.2hPa steady, and rainfall today has increased to 4.8mm and 13.6mm in the last 24 hours. Hard to tell what the cloud cover is because it's dark. Despite this my weather station is now confidently predicting sunny intervals in the near future.

Is that before or after the snow?

• Like 1

Very mild, breezy and grey today. Temperature peaked at 15c at Leuchars, 13.7c here in Pittenweem. Currently 12.7c. 

November mean temperatures well above average everywhere, highest anomaly I’ve seen is +3.2c at Aboyne.

• Like 4

Lovely late August day, oh it's November 🤔

Dry with a max of 15.4c, light winds and bright skies (even a few glimpses of sunshine).

Never ever had Dahlias still flowering this late in the year, the seasons they are a changing.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Is that before or after the snow?

Yes.                                    No?                                   Possibly...

Remarkably warm for a  November evening at 13.2deg.C.

• Like 4

Another cloudy rainy day here we usually get a lot of rain but there seems to be more of it recently just never seems to stop.

Highest temp today was 12.9c at 7.53pm and compare that to last November the highest I got was 10.8c on the 2nd of November.

• Like 3

On the basis that if you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing....

Temperature 12.2deg.C up from minimum of 11.9deg.C at 03:17 but down from a maximum of 12.7deg.C at 06:19, humidity 96%, wind between 3 and 10mph generally from the south but with a gust of 20mph max, pressure is 1000.4hPa dropping like a stone, there's been 4.2mm of rain since midnight and 7.4mm in the last 24 hours, and cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, mardatha said:

We need to get a new weather station, the possessed Polish one doesn't seem to be showing the temp any more. But its mild and damp and grey.

Again.

That should be - Lekki, Wilgoc, and Szary then?   (according to Google translate!)😁

6 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Focus wall all on snow/wintry showers and had not even noticed just how strong the strength of the wind is actually going to be!

Check out these wind gusts at midnight! 

A27A2441-76A9-41BD-BB7F-C5572123059A.thumb.jpeg.ad1822e50cbb5b852c7d56fef8198d94.jpeg

Alongside this! 

29D49550-05DC-4C51-9D86-8191015E567D.thumb.jpeg.dcc5f710537e4a5013b855faa2d224b6.jpeg

That is wild - would love to be experiencing a bit of that.

No thanks!   I've had enough weather related disasters this year!

• Like 3