Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

I envy your clear sky @CatchMyDrift as there's still a bit of cloud to burn off here, although 'burn off' might be ambitious when the max temperature so far is only five degrees C.

Temperature currently 5.3deg.C up from a minimum of 0.6deg.C at 04:04, humidity is 85%, wind is around 2mph northeasterly, pressure is 1021.7hPa falling and there's been no rain today.

Oh, the sun's just come out. Get my walking boots Morag...

• Like 5
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good to see some areas getting a bit of a top up today - while this was sort of on the radar (to pardon the pun, especially given the amount of false echoes I saw nearby to start with) it wasn't reall

Posted Images

I see the first "i give up on winter" post has already appeared in the mad house... just checked and my calendar says 7th November... oh my its gonna be a long old 6 months on Netweather.. 😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

I must be living in a different universe with all the beautiful sunshine displayed in other posts!    Today and the day before, I copped this:-

Just as well I've had my face stuck in the American elections for the duration!

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Exactly the same here. The cloud, mist and fog hasn't even looked like shifting all day with the temp hovering between 4 and 5C. Going to be our coldest daytime max so far this season I think.

• Like 7

Anybody in here know anything about Dunphail and Regulas in Moray?? Its about 120 to 150m asl.. looks good to me just wondering if anybody local for advice.. im guess @Ravelin is closest to this area..

Edited by Mair Snaw
2 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Anybody in here know anything about Dunphail and Regulas in Moray?? Its about 120 to 150m asl.. looks good to me just wondering if anybody local for advice.. im guess @Ravelin is closest to this area..

Not really anywhere near me. I did used to drive past there frequently years ago when the base at Kinloss was still RAF, as I used to visit that for work. I'd say it would be OK for snow, and certainly only a short drive from places that definitely will get, and hold snow. Forres is only a short drive one way and is a nice enough little town, with Grantown the other direction. 

P. S. I wonder if a certain golf course in America has a few more divits missing than normal? 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 2

There was some low lying fog here earlier, apparently, but I mist it. (sorry) I'm now looking forward to the cloud clearing, the sun to come out and for the garden thermometer to hit 30deg.C. I'm also looking forward to a recently unemployed American to come out with an erudite, conciliatory and magnanimous concession speech. I find myself living mostly in hope rather than expectation.

Temperature currently 6.7deg.C up from a minimum of 5.1deg.C at 01:25, humidity is 95%, there's a very light breeze from the north, pressure is 1018.9hPa steady and it's currently raining with 1.0mm having fallen since midnight.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

There was some low lying fog here earlier, apparently, but I mist it. (sorry) I'm now looking forward to the cloud clearing, the sun to come out and for the garden thermometer to hit 30deg.C. I'm also looking forward to a recently unemployed American to come out with an erudite, conciliatory and magnanimous concession speech. I find myself living mostly in hope rather than expectation.

Temperature currently 6.7deg.C up from a minimum of 5.1deg.C at 01:25, humidity is 95%, there's a very light breeze from the north, pressure is 1018.9hPa steady and it's currently raining with 1.0mm having fallen since midnight.

We could always clone Lee Harvey Oswald... I mean the 'man on the grassy knoll'!:santa-emoji:

9 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

@General Cluster I was thinking we could get Agent Orange in to defoliate him.

Congratulations on hitting 54,000 posts. I'm assuming there's not much to do in Beccles...

You're right enough, Puffy... there isn't. But, way back when I was posting from Shore Street, Inverness, there was sod-all to do there, either!😁

Edit: Do you mean to say that Donald J. Trump and Agent Orange are two distinct individuals?😱

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 3

Aberdeenshire permagloom, the thick variety, is well ensconced here and by the looks of the forecast it will be a theme this week. There's only one unwanted thing in the world harder to shift than Aberdeenshire permagloom, and he has a golf course in Aberdeenshire.

Just as well we decided to take the dog out for a long walk around the Correen Hills yesterday and not today. It wasn't great at the start yesterday, but even then it was better than this and cleared up a bit after a while.

• Like 6

It's gloomy here too today:

20201108_094303.thumb.jpg.25d0b179522c93db60620d88fcf4e684.jpg20201108_095514.thumb.jpg.293cf9db48c82c5fce8563dd51e0af1b.jpg20201108_100832.thumb.jpg.bcf4af3ad56430bbff1594a5da9248a1.jpg

Then the girlfriend messages with a picture of a snowy balcony in Calgary at your soon to be house and adds "it's blowing about everywhere in the wind". Honestly woman...

• Like 9
8 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

OMG Pete,  I didn't twig!   You're still alive then?   Are you on the run or something?🥰

Aye Blitzen, I moved back down South, to be nearer my family... And they promptly moved back to the Sneck... B******s!😁

Is it just me or did the TV forecasts for today turn out to be hopelessly wrong? I was expecting a wee bit of dampness and a passing lightish shower having seen a couple of yesterday's forecasts in between the US election news. And it's pished it down for hours.... 

• Like 6