Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 minute ago, Mair Snaw said:

Perth fooooking Perth.... In a Northerly

Never been seen although a slack easterly now I assume 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

It's basically dandruff right now though... Nothing like the pasting Aberfeldy getting

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Incoming... (and I wonder if the intensity might fix some of the marginality problems...)Screenshot_20201228_215234_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.d08ede3b52c7190f29f64dfeadd532b0.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

@Mair Snaw I used to live in Ellon (Sep '07 - Apr '09) and it snowed a few times.  White Easter 2008, November 2008 and February 2009 if I remember rightly 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
1 minute ago, howham said:

@Mair Snaw I used to live in Ellon (Sep '07 - Apr '09) and it snowed a few times.  White Easter 2008, November 2008 and February 2009 if I remember rightly 

It snawed here Christmas eve morning but it was more like London Snaw... you know the stuff that melts as soon as you touch it..

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Sad to say I've not had time to follow this thread for a while I look forward to looking back at all the pictures.

I just had a look at the radar and it looks like a few showers are heading this direction from the east of all places...and had a look outside and its snawing..!!!!

2200hrs.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
34 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

Incoming... (and I wonder if the intensity might fix some of the marginality problems...)Screenshot_20201228_215234_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.d08ede3b52c7190f29f64dfeadd532b0.jpg

Is that hook heading towards embra or forecasted to go east of us ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
16 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Is that hook heading towards embra or forecasted to go east of us ?

I think the bottom of it *should* hit Edinburgh pretty well...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

light rain, light snaw, big slushy snaw, now rain again.  can't see us digging ourselves out here in the morning unfortunately  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and lots of it
33 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

I think the bottom of it *should* hit Edinburgh pretty well...

I would agree with that. I am on the south side of Edinburgh. Outside temp at my station is  33.4 F with a dew point of 31.6. So a little room to "wet bulb" down to freezing. 

Posted

Temp hanging on here at -0.2c and -2.7c! Watching the radar in the hope of a dusting from that band heading this way! Expect it to be fizzling out all the time though so we'll see!

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, 101_North said:

Temp hanging on here at -0.2c and -2.7c! Watching the radar in the hope of a dusting from that band heading this way! Expect it to be fizzling out all the time though so we'll see!

I think you will be just fine out there! Keeping my fingers crossed here in Comiston. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Great to see you getting that @LomondSnowstorm, one of the most teasing bits of radar watching and I got excited but should have looked at my dewpoint 1C ?‍♂️ Trying it’s best but sleet so far not sure it will drop enough

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Very heavy sleet here now leaving a slushy layer on the cars, grass and paths. Just half a degree colder would do it as I assume it is inland even with just a tiny bit of altitude. 

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Very heavy sleet here now leaving a slushy layer on the cars, grass and paths. Just half a degree colder would do it as I assume it is inland even with just a tiny bit of altitude. 

I am suspicious of these radar precipitation type algorithms tonight. Super shallow layer of cold air and a rather unstratified lower level. I think the details are being lost with some of the precipitation particulate density and type 

• Like 2