Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted

is that huge lump of precipitation to the north west of the hebrides going to follow the pivoting precipitation pulling south from the highlands and follow into us its huge and turning to sleet on the radar already out in the sea 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 minutes ago, edo said:

I'm thinking St Michael's or Drumoig who both use normal greens near the coast of Fife... I was convinced I would have a couple of cms of snow this week to stop it but hey ho I'm off the week after next aswell so maybe I shall have snow at some point in the holidays. 

Just had final dog walk of day and feels chillier, wispy cloud and no precip. 

Do you get different coloured balls when you play in the snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 minutes ago, Swave Snow said:

is that huge lump of precipitation to the north west of the hebrides going to follow the pivoting precipitation pulling south from the highlands and follow into us its huge and turning to sleet on the radar already out in the sea 

Looks like an anteater about to come and crap on us all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!
10 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Do you get different coloured balls when you play in the snow?

depends if its shorts or trousers..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
21 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

ouch. that's below the belt.

I was going to answer blue balls in the yellow snow

Clicked on here again as like @Swave Snowjust noticed that pivoting band.... Will no doubt fizzle out halfway across aswell but could be great surprise for some. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, edo said:

I was going to answer blue balls in the yellow snow

Clicked on here again as like @Swave Snowjust noticed that pivoting band.... Will no doubt fizzle out halfway across aswell but could be great surprise for some. 

it could be a surprise its a much larger band than the front that pivoted over Scotland tonight 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Let's hope it's the start of a week of surprises and the old cliche of get the cold in and the snow will follow actually happens. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

❄️❄️❄️ Verily! It snoweth! ❄️❄️❄️ From what I could see at the back door maybe 3 - 4cms, but it now sounds like it's turning to rain.  So, having scoffed breakfast I now need to get myself into gear to get ready for the weekly supply top up in Portree. Have seen gritters out and about so hopefully the road won't be that bad.  

• Like 7

Posted

Morning all. More snow, @mistyqueen what do you think this is? You’re supposed to be a fellow snowless coastie! 

Frosty start in NE Fife, +0.2c in my back garden but -3c inland a bit at Leuchars.

@Kirkcaldy Weather I was thinking graupel must be a good bet today. I have seen a lot of that here during previous cold spells. We’ll see, cloud is growing to the east.

• Like 8

Posted

Morning all, frosty start on Deeside, currently -2.6 and DP -3.4. Looked to be clear skies when i let dogs out but I've come back to bed as my shoulder is aching. Hoping the snow symbol appearing on my watch for later this afternoon doesn't disappear like yesterday's ones did but not going to hold my breath.

• Like 5

Posted

Very very icy as there is a frozen layer of slush on everything. Currently clear and 0c.

• Like 4

Posted

Well last night was a major fail. Radar showed precipitation but saw nothing fall. Not even much of a frost afterward. Doh!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Currently -2.8C after an overnight low of -3.6C so clear and frosty with no wind. There's some beefy looking showers in the North Sea heading for the east coast, but the circulation is that slack they are only creeping closer. Anyone's guess when or if they will reach land.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

A wee slight covering here ! Which is lovely to see. Hopefully maybe snatch a shower this afternoon if we’re lucky . 

• Like 3

Posted

The grand total of about 4 hours worth of sleet and snow last night!

0D465BAD-2ED8-449A-A63D-561C835A95CB.thumb.jpeg.23d88ef9c2e368250cdd7ddbab01cb32.jpeg

After a nice sunrise, it’s now just grey.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning.

Must have been an on/off again type shower here through the night but that's been it. Temp: -0.6c  DP: -1.2c and pressure up now to 976.1mb.   Dead flat calm.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Last night never looked like being anything special in this neck of the woods and so I drew the kitchen curtains this morning to be greeted with ..... yup, a pathetic pallette of paltriness, that's what. I suppose there is the merest hint of something white amongst the grass, but that's it and it's nowhere else.

Temperature -0.4deg.C up from an overnight minimum of -1.2deg.C at 08:59, humidity is 96%, the wind has taken the day off (and I don't blame it,) pressure is up to 979.2hPa and rising, there's been 0.6mm of rain today and 4.2mm in the last 24 hours, and the dew point is -1deg.C. Cloud cover is 8/8 but it doesn't look all that inspiring being thin and disorganised.

• Like 4