Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Bloody awful weather blitzen, here it's  constant steady heavy rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

@CatchMyDriftit'll wear thin soon enough. Where's the excitement when it's all but a certainty. 

Permagloom still in place, but now it's back to raining. Did get a glimpse of the sun trying to break through the cloud earlier but it didn't manage it and it was truely only a brief attempt. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Back to Ellon and stained glass window my old boots its still raining, by rain i mean heavy rain blown by a gale force wind, this really is the absolute pits. Utterly horrible 5 or 6 days...

On a side note any of the Edinburgh lot in here know much about Roslin area down that way??

• Like 5

Posted
12 minutes ago, mardatha said:

What about Roslin MS?

Whats it like?? Is it a nice place? And of course at 160m asl does it snaw much??

• Like 2

Posted
On 12/12/2020 at 15:29, snowidea said:

We were there too. Luckily I'd taken a portable radio as car battery gave a warning after 45 minutes. I also embarrassed the kids by manually clearing the windscreen with the broken wiper ( @101_Northstill not fixed Mr Snowidea's blooper). Luckily just a few drops of rain so only had to embarass them twice

Stay away from Halfrauds! The robbing bastards

Posted
36 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Whats it like?? Is it a nice place? And of course at 160m asl does it snaw much??

It'll get more than Edinburgh but it's no Narnia! Lovely wee place though. My mate lives in Rosewell which is nearby. If the Met says snow over 100-150m it'll do better than where I live but if you have the choice of places to move to and it's snow your after then nah! I like the area though.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
8 hours ago, Ravelin said:

This would do as my Xmas present this year, so you can all club together and get it for me... 

gfsnh-0-288.png

I mentioned the 22nd / 23rd as dates to watch and funnily enough some chillier charts appearing with a few bits of warming in the strat coming up between now and the New year I think the blocked charts will be churned out pretty frequently, course its always a bit of a gamble and none going for a split event yet which is usually more useful for us getting colder weather but plenty of interest IMO and yeah snow for Christmas would be nice but I'm wanting this from Santa ⛄gensnh-18-1-372.thumb.png.7dc2ae48b1833647f9cd26356db73845.pnggensnh-18-1-384.thumb.png.3e4b5c3d89e398ce44091cf0b1ce19bf.png

Really is a bit seeing the ones that mentioned winter was over and saying they were bailing out of the mod thread suddenly reappearing

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Wot 101 says, its a nice place but not snowy. You'd be better in the Moorfoots or Lammermuirs for snaw.

• Like 4

Posted

Yet another vile day of permagloom, with a period of heavy rain earlier this evening. Max of 6c and moderate wind throughout.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
On 12/12/2020 at 15:10, Benvironment said:

The what??

Sun. Yellow. Round. Up in sky. Rumoured to give off heat. But not here, obviously.

Temperature 7.9deg.C down from a max of 9.2deg.C at 00:11, humidity is 92%, wind 3 to 15mph south-southwesterly, pressure is 987.3hPa rising quickly, 6.6mm of rain today and 16.0mm in the last 24 hours, cloud cover currently 8/8 but thin enough to let some light through.

• Like 4

Posted

@Ravelin you bring the pan and i will bring the eggs and off to the mad house... the mood in there is up and down more often that an old tarts knickers...

Here this morning its still windy still dull and grey but importantly its not raining well not yet anyways..

Posted
15 hours ago, mardatha said:

Wot 101 says, its a nice place but not snowy. You'd be better in the Moorfoots or Lammermuirs for snaw.

Penicuik is the Snowiest place close to Edinburgh,,,I lived there for 14 years and it definitely snows every winter there and the proper stuff ❄️ ❄️

• Like 4

Posted

Thanks for the advice guys and girls, missed out on a property in Carlops a weeks ago and was gutted when i saw the elevation of the area. I will find my snaw home one day..❄❄

Edited by Mair Snaw
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Latest season of The Model Thread is great this year, so much drama!  

8°C, still and dull here. 

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 3

Posted
NINTCHDBPICT000623794470-1.jpg?strip=all
WWW.THESCOTTISHSUN.CO.UK

SCOTLAND and the rest of the UK could be set for a white Christmas as December is set to the COLDEST on record. Parts of the UK have already seen snow...

coldest December on Record... dont forget to panic buy bread and milk..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

I wonder how cold the last 8 days of December would have to be to beat 2010 and prove the Sun right? 

• Like 4

Posted

Well, that was the best day weatherwise for what seems an eternity.

A max of 7.8c so not feeling too cold, dry () and generally light winds.

Skies were a light grey for a change and shock, horror, we even got a bit of a sunset - so looks like further west managed to get some proper sunshine.

Snag_17b7f5.thumb.png.7a4558b23ce67595509b980c8813207c.png

Only a week to go now before the clocks turn and summer starts to return 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Nearest SEPA weather station has recorded 45.4mm in the last 36 hours. River has burst its banks.

No other words needed.

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted
7 minutes ago, SW Saltire said:

Nearest SEPA weather station has recorded 45.4mm in the last 36 hours. River has burst its banks.

No other words needed.

Yes we are more or less in same boat What I would give for a few frosty mornings instead of plowtering around in mud every day. Wet morning with brighter afternoon .Currently 6c

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
3 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Yes we are more or less in same boat What I would give for a few frosty mornings instead of plowtering around in mud every day. Wet morning with brighter afternoon .Currently 6c

Agreed, although I have a flat in the town I go back home almost daily to help bring the horses in as it’s become such a slog through the mud. Hard to walk through the worst parts

Fingers crossed we get the colder spell that the models seem to be hinting at for around 10 days time

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Just found these  A434F399-B6C1-4282-AB32-ACA8C24634B9.thumb.jpeg.19d03121c2b1099887a4dfd72e7bb3da.jpeg6EAA5706-D124-4EBC-89D4-B8EED9EA4A21.thumb.jpeg.1b38c53e71d1130bea646a9934f0a4cd.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
11 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Thanks for the advice guys and girls, missed out on a property in Carlops a weeks ago and was gutted when i saw the elevation of the area. I will find my snaw home one day..❄❄

Carlops is a great setting. That's one of my favourite Pentland cycle routes, Currie over to Carlops. Beautiful route! Carlops must be what just shy of 300m? That side of the Pentlands is so much better for snow! 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Carlops is a great setting. That's one of my favourite Pentland cycle routes, Currie over to Carlops. Beautiful route! Carlops must be what just shy of 300m? That side of the Pentlands is so much better for snow! 

When i did a postcode elevation finder the house was coming up at 294m... but unfortunately we missed out on it... i almost cried.