Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted

Yep I'm suddenly sitting up and paying attention - Weds PM through the weekend shows wintryness potential throughout in Upper Tweedale. Not counting chickens but those XC forecasts keep on coming;

Capture156.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Right im off to the mad house to see whats going on... i may be some time..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
10 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Yep I'm suddenly sitting up and paying attention - Weds PM through the weekend shows wintryness potential throughout in Upper Tweedale. Not counting chickens but those XC forecasts keep on coming;

Capture156.JPG

You might be counting ur guinea fowl, the first snow for them?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Nope 5 mins of that thread and no wiser.... what the heck are they going on about in there?? Russian high no cold in Europe to far west this and that...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Happy St. Andrew's Day fellow scotty threaders and what a fine, sunny day it is for the occasion.

Temperature 8.6deg.C down from a maximum of 9.6deg.C at 11:17 and up from a minimum of 6.8deg.C at 02:21, humidity 86%, wind3 to 16 mph westerly, pressure 1018.4hPa steady, 8.8mm of rain since midnight and cloud cover is 1/8 with only frontal cloud beginning to appear to the west.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Started rather rainy and mild this morning, temp at 7.30 was 8.9, now it is very calm and dry, temp dropped to 4c, clear skies coming in. Vast improvement! It appears that there is a chance of white stuff falling from the sky for some parts of Scotland later this week. For me that will mean sleet and rain. Ach well, it's only weather, eh? 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Lovely sunset and moonrise seen on the south side of Glasgow tonight. If I can work out how later I’ll post some pics up.

Some interesting white flake things in the forecast for later in the week. Can we start to believe?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Big jump in temperature here overnight from 1C at midnight to 9C in the morning with just a little light rain overnight  plus one morning shower.  Despite being much milder and mostly sunny (max of 2C yesterday) the stiff breeze made it feel just as cold when out and about. Getting cooler again now at 4C though the breeze has died down a bit.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 5

Posted

The first meto forecast for low level snow here, also a mention on Friday... 

Wednesday:

Bright or sunny interludes and frequent showers, these turning to snow on the hills and then to lower levels this evening, and accumulating over high ground. Maximum temperature 9 °C.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Currently 3.8c after a minimum of 2.4c overnight.   Dead flat calm.

Morning all!

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

I’m in the warning - yaaaaaaaas! 

Local 200 meters hill and above here I come! :snowman-emoji:

9FC49AC6-84E7-429A-B9F0-5C39D140DE2B.thumb.jpeg.91df07af161aea7a737193cb8b40bcac.jpeg7F7F981E-695B-46EA-90A9-93D83189E44B.thumb.jpeg.a071796fbd4b354050c085d22cadeba7.jpeg

@Kayemill NE/E/SE is more at risk Thursday night/through Friday on current model output - high ground (200/300 most likely)  Might see a separate warning issued tomorrow/Thursday - depending on current track/detail remaining the same. :santa-emoji:

What a great start to Winter!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 6

Posted

That's my first yellow warning for disappointment

Despite me being realistically too low for anything it's great to see and a fantastic signal that winter has arrived! 

Looking forward to seeing the pics from some folks in more favourable locations!

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 5

Posted
8 minutes ago, 101_North said:

That's my first yellow warning for disappointment

Despite me being realistically too low for anything it's great to see and a fantastic signal that winter has arrived! 

Looking forward to seeing the pics from some folks in more favourable locations!

Could be worse, you could be @CatchMyDrift who has just moved to Canada where its expected to be a balmy 17c this weekend, as the sleet and snow falls on his old house  (just for fun as he's probably seen more snow so far in his few days of Canada than I will all winter!) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
29 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

I’m in the warning - yaaaaaaaas! 

Local 200 meters hill and above here I come! :snowman-emoji:

9FC49AC6-84E7-429A-B9F0-5C39D140DE2B.thumb.jpeg.91df07af161aea7a737193cb8b40bcac.jpeg7F7F981E-695B-46EA-90A9-93D83189E44B.thumb.jpeg.a071796fbd4b354050c085d22cadeba7.jpeg

@Kayemill NE/E/SE is more at risk Thursday night/through Friday on current model output - high ground (200/300 most likely)  Might see a separate warning issued tomorrow/Thursday - depending on current track/detail remaining the same. :santa-emoji:

What a great start to Winter!

Your house on the beach?  that reminds me of the ecm charts that still show a Kozaksville in Scotland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

After a morning of dead calm the anno, anemoni, amenom, wind thingy has sprung to life with a maximum (only) gust of the day at 2mph! High above, the thin cloud is heading north to south and breaking up slightly as it goes.

Temperature 6.2deg.C up from a minimum of -1.0deg.C at 01:32, humidity is 90%, no wind, pressure is 1028.8hPa steady, there's been 0.2mm of rain today and cloud cover is 7/8.

• Like 4

Posted

Fingers crossed @Ross B  we’re east of the warning area but as @Kayemill alluded, they’re pretty much consistently bo**oc*s aren’t they

At least it looks like the snow is finally getting bored of hanging around in the mountains 

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

I thought you lived in the NE (Aberdeen) hence why I tagged you on the previous page.  

Did you live there in the past or am I talking utter ? 

Few snapshots below - predicted shower distribution on latest run.

Wednesday 22:00 - already kicking off well before then!

7E3F781F-2D45-4879-8F5F-CD8D9B4B9F93.thumb.png.ea2ae9b57ad513c835470362f1c3ba6d.png

00:00

1DA9B438-CC75-44A8-B20B-8C7212C34C8C.thumb.png.4c9e39a4dd49e1519929592bb56814cc.png

04:00

EDEB6533-DE29-4BCF-82A0-4933DC2AF332.thumb.png.2e4d5de88100855eaee48baa55b64793.png

No doubt anyone living outside the warning area will wake up to a dusting at least! 

It’s looking a bit foggy here on Gourock beach this weekend @Kirkcaldy Weather 

C126CA6E-D5FA-46AA-B48C-3777F3C5DB86.thumb.png.3f5a9937b41bd2ef7297ffd482e6d858.png

If I had to choose a cold/wintry spell in a Winter month - December is the one! Very festive! :santa-emoji::reindeer-emoji:

Nah. Originally from Killie then moved to Darvel to avoid the KSS ( Killie Snow Shield )

• Like 2