IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
11 hours ago, mardatha said:

I'll come in here and moan at you lot

Welcome home. We'd expect nothing less.

Temperature currently 11.3deg.C up from a minimum of 9.9deg.C at 00:01, humidity 90%, very light southerly breeze, pressure 1009.8hPa falling slowly and there's been 1.6mm of rain since midnight and 2.0mm in the last 24 hours.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning.

Good 'ere innit?

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 5

Posted
13 hours ago, mardatha said:

I'll come in here and moan at you lot

Found your kettle yet?

Posted

Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ yet again.

Lucky though in a sense as the rain is rapidly dying out in the area of the River Dee, leaving us here with just spits of rain in the fresh to strong SSW wind.

Feeling mild at 10.2c currently.

Snag_e33085.thumb.png.b44bdd110f54053fb573e6c467b5ce29.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Very windy here today, grey skies and the odd spot of rain. On a bright note we have a viewing booked on a house next week.. fingers crossed   its a good as it looks in the pictures .

• Like 7

Posted

Full grey dreich and mild. Currently 11.2c the high so far today, low 9.8c.

A whole lot milder in eastern Canada of late. 24c in Toronto yesterday and 23c in Ottawa. Not bad for mid-November!

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Yeah @CatchMyDrift what @Hawesy said...

I understand @CatchMyDrift is moving to Calgary, is that right?. Haven’t been but very different climate from eastern Canada, where I lived for a year. Plenty of sunshine and alternating between deep cold and mild chinooks. Looking forward to the reports!

Closer to home, still waiting on our first air frost. That’s far from unusual in the East Neuk, first one typically comes late November. Even Leuchars which is far more frost prone than where I live is still air frost free this autumn, low was 0.2c back in September. No sign of any frost here in the coming days!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

I understand @CatchMyDrift is moving to Calgary, is that right?. Haven’t been but very different climate from eastern Canada, where I lived for a year. Plenty of sunshine and alternating between deep cold and mild chinooks. Looking forward to the reports!

Closer to home, still waiting on our first air frost. That’s far from unusual in the East Neuk, first one typically comes late November. Even Leuchars which is far more frost prone than where I live is still air frost free this autumn, low was 0.2c back in September. No sign of any frost here in the coming days!

So no more 'Polar Lows' then? 

Best of luck, Catch My Drift!:drunk-emoji:

• Like 4

Posted

Its a foul night out so what better way to keep warm and hydrated..log burner on and tonight fluid intake ready for action..

20201111_203749.jpg

20201111_204037.jpg

20201111_204049.jpg

20201111_204100.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, CatchMyDrift said:

Calgary is -10C at the moment at 1pm

I've started to dislike you recently...

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's to be warmer later in the week, highs of 1C.

I am still convinced it isn't going to happen, it seems very other worldly at the moment.

Been there quite a few times and loved every trip - Canadians are so warm and genuinely friendly and once you've attended the stampede you discover that behind that quiet persona they can party hard!  The extremes of weather can take some getting used to and you will take seriously the wind chill factor after experiencing your first northerly in the winter.  Chinook winds are something special as well once seen in action, feet of snow gone in a day (though heavy snow is actually not that common).  Just get used to driving - you discover the beauty of cruise control quickly.

The great thing about Calgary and Edmonton though is that you are just as short trip from guaranteed snow in the mountains - Jasper & Banff National Parks and Lake Louise are just stunning.  And don't miss out a trip to Drumheller.

Right, before I sound like a Tripadvisor Bot, it's now wet and windy outside and the temperature is still 10c.

• Like 4

Posted

That Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ has a lot to answer for, especially my increased electricity bill! A high of 11c at 10pm, falling now though, 11.5mm of rain since midnight and the wind’s got up again. When will we get some decent cold weather, for ony sake?!

• Like 3

Posted
On 07/11/2020 at 17:09, Mair Snaw said:

Anybody in here know anything about Dunphail and Regulas in Moray?? Its about 120 to 150m asl.. looks good to me just wondering if anybody local for advice.. im guess @Ravelin is closest to this area..

Just back from a week in Relugas and we thought it was a beautiful place. We love the Borders but first time to this area so limited time to see places, Forres was a pleasant enough small town.

We were there for chillin with long walks and bike rides (me!). Very quiet compared to home with much less traffic on the roads. The rivers Divie and Findhorn had some stunning walks and both Culbin and Roseisle forests/beaches were incredible.

We never saw anything that could be considered a village in the 2 places you mention.

I'd move there in a heartbeat!

• Like 4

Posted

Morning.

What a difference 10 days make!   I think it has been that long since I woke up to this.   A little bit breezy but who cares!

• Like 9

Posted

There was one chink in the clouds earlier and the sun slipped through to shine right on me. No less than I deserve, obviously.

Temperature currently 9.0deg.C up from a minimum of 6.9deg.C at 07:42, humidity is 86%, wind between 2 and 12mph south to southeasterly, pressure is 1007.6hPa steady and 1.0mm of rain has fallen today and 2.8mm in the last 24 hours.

There's an orgy of rugby coming up shortly so today I'll hitch the 1 ton trailer up to the land rover and go on a beer hunt.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@CatchMyDrift a flight to Canada eh... *language warning* 

image.thumb.gif.ef3443803b09adcad8be1cb506f467e6.gif

Posted

Much better day, bit cloudy at the start and end of the day but nice bit of sunshine in the middle!

Max of 10c even with the sunshine and a fresh southerly breeze.

Lovely sunset as well, felt more like September rather than November.

Snag_2f58971.thumb.png.3ffdbea6b14d05aaa2b73d9acefccf76.png

P1660378.thumb.jpg.79e60fba906c65d6121233b173d19023.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Morning.

Looks as if it will be on the showery side today.   Had a few heavy ones overnight.   Still, anything is better than the misty murk that we have had here lately!

• Like 7

Posted

Had a nice lunch down at the cafe earlier and noted a fair bit of wind on the way back.

Temperature currently 8.2deg.C up from a minimum of 6.5deg.C at 09:02, humidity 86%, wind variable between 2 and 17mph southerly, pressure is 1003.5hPa rising slowly and there's been 11mm of rain since midnight.

(the wind mentioned above was a meteorological effect, not a gastronomical one - just to be clear)

• Like 5