Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
28 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

I couldn't resist either!

Erm... cloudy there too I see!

EmFydUUX0Ak94rs.jpg

Resistance is futile!:snowman-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

OMG Pete,  I didn't twig!   You're still alive then?   Are you on the run or something?

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

OMG Pete,  I didn't twig!   You're still alive then?   Are you on the run or something?

Aye Blitzen, I moved back down South, to be nearer my family... And they promptly moved back to the Sneck... B******s!

Posted

General Clusterf...!   Fill in the blanks!

Posted

Is it just me or did the TV forecasts for today turn out to be hopelessly wrong? I was expecting a wee bit of dampness and a passing lightish shower having seen a couple of yesterday's forecasts in between the US election news. And it's pished it down for hours.... 

• Like 5

Posted

Well , a four letter word summarises the day...

Snag_2b6320c.thumb.png.0f93a3bfa5d5d020d11b06ae47ddcf82.png

Yuck 

A classic Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ day, with added heavy rain in the afternoon to add a different grey palette to the ensemble.

Light to fresh winds and a max of 7c.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Mist and rain pretty much all day here. A bit milder with a max of 10.2C. Today's view from down by the river not quite as sunny as Fridays.

094D5639-E42C-4611-96D4-DFCA6D77F9F8.jpeg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 6

Posted

Morning.

zzzz.....

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 4

Posted
On 07/11/2020 at 17:09, Mair Snaw said:

Anybody in here know anything about Dunphail and Regulas in Moray?? Its about 120 to 150m asl.. looks good to me just wondering if anybody local for advice.. im guess @Ravelin is closest to this area..

Is this it?

index.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
3 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

I think thats more likely to be @CatchMyDrift this winter..

First u have a laugh at us sea level dwellers expense now ur saying we won’t get day after tomorrow level snow Mrs Mair Snaw have a word with yer man!

On 03/11/2020 at 21:41, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I’m feeling pretty confident about it I’ve been mentioning the scandi high pattern for a while now and it’s slowly starting to come together ❄️ the 850 hpa temps to the east are also being shown really quite cold for the time of year with -16 to -20 850s often cropping up like the BFTE.

image.thumb.gif.4eb84184d376425d2ac14bf887d406e6.gif  oh well can’t win them all

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Dull this morning and the usual west coast of Scotland all-pervasive winter dampness is beginning to set in, which is fine when it turns to permafrost but is just depressing until then. Still, the sun is coming out now and maybe things will dry up a bit.

Temperature currently 13.7deg.C up from a minimum of 8.1deg.C at 08:30, humidity is 87%, there's not a breath of wind, pressure is 1019.1hPa steady and there's been no rain in the last 24 hours.

I'm off to buy an onion as suggested on the East Ayrshire 'things to do locally' webpage. It's all happening around here. They may never see snow but at least the bottom feeders can go for a paddle.

• Like 1

Posted
21 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

I think thats more likely to be @CatchMyDrift this winter..

With luck, he'll arrive in Alberta at the same time as the chinook winds and won't see a single snowflake, meantime Scotland will see it's snowiest winter in a generation...that'll teach him 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Happy Campers! How mild it has been the last couple of days. Didn't even light the fire yesterday and didn't really need the jacket, scarf and gloves I normally wear when walking. Mild again today, currently 13c with light cloud. Back to the usual pish tomorrow, and it looks rubbish for the forseeable. Bulbs attempting to break through the soil. If we get a nippy spell they'll be in for a shock!

• Like 4

Posted

You should all know the score by now!  *sigh*

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Unbroken cloud overhead but it's neither dull nor bright, just a nothing sort of day.

Temperature currently 12.2deg.C up from a minimum of 7.4deg.C at 02:44. humidity is 91%, wind is very light to non-existent from the south to southeast, pressure is 1020.5hPa steady and there's been 0.2mm of rain this morning.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We got moved in and internet back on. No mobile signal for EE in the village so I need a new sim now. Been bright and sunny here but we went up to Heriot to collect some stuff and it was pea soup fog.  Looks like we'll get better weather down here and a longer growing season.  Which might sort of make up for no deep snow.

But I doubt it.

• Like 8

Posted

Fabulous Aberdeenshire Permagloom as per. Probably my own fault for having posted blue sky photos at the end of last week!

Desk light’s been on pretty much all day and that’s with me sat next to the patio doors 

6ECD16F7-1AD8-4CEF-9E4E-714257B9CFFD.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
19 minutes ago, mardatha said:

We got moved in and internet back on. No mobile signal for EE in the village so I need a new sim now. Been bright and sunny here but we went up to Heriot to collect some stuff and it was pea soup fog.  Looks like we'll get better weather down here and a longer growing season.  Which might sort of make up for no deep snow.

But I doubt it.

Welcome back

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Yellow rain warning for tomorrow and flood concerns from SEPA this week. Series of lows 1/2/3 

1. out west now, heading towards Iceland for a wintry night (linking back to...)

2. Weds - with the warnings 

3. another load of rain Thursday into Friday. 

More rain from the west during the weekend

SEPA advertising "Two new flood warning services are now live on Eilean Siar and in Aberfoyle from today. If you live, work or travel in these areas, you could benefit from free advance notice of flooding." today https://floodlinescotland.org.uk/flood-warnings/

nov10warnings.png

nov10warning2.png

• Like 1

Posted

The only hint of Autumnal weather here  so far was a power cut due to high winds a couple of weeks ago. Last Thursday and Friday was warm enough to sit out and enjoy the sunshine. Noted 10C while driving past the Glenshee ski centre around 1pm, absolute pea soup, could barely see 30 meters in front. 

Currently 11C.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, scott125 said:

Aye its been mild! Not a fan when its dark in the evening and 12c! Not had a cold spell yet, had a few frosts end of September!

Not impressed, my summer bedding is still flowering...being a true Scot, I'm nae lifting them until they stop 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
9 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I'm back in Scotland for about a month in total over winter so that sounds like a plan. Calgary is snowy but relatively dry so it's actually fairly unusual to get vast snowstorms with a foot or more. But it will be mostly cold or snowy for 5 months...then 5 months of warm sunny weather to look forward to. I keep telling my other half that I'm only coming for the weather

My uncle and aunt always said that the deepest snow they had seen was back in Scotland in the Highlands and they lived in Calgary for over fifty years ( now deceased but their kids and grandkids are still there). As for temperatures and the times that winter could hit though! Different story. 

• Like 3