Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Lovely day today but baltic with it! Currently 8c but bitter wee wind helping to bring temp down a tad. Clear blue skies too, something not seen here for a while! Fire on, munching my way through a packet of jelly babies! 

• Like 4

Posted

Real chill in the air today currently 6c with a few wintry looking showers to the north across the Firth this afternoon but at least it is drying up

• Like 6

Posted

It's been a day of Aberdeenshire PermagloomTM with a high of 11.7c at 2pm and it's steadily dropped since to current temperature of 2.8c. It's noticeably more chilly when I'm standing at the door trying to shoosh the gobby dog who just wants to let everyone know that a leaf has blown past! The other one has more sense and sits by my feet in the warmth. 

image.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunshine most of the way here today after the overnight rain. Max of 8C with light winds. Down to 4.3C now with starry skies.

Looks to me as if the building Scandi high in the next couple of weeks will be too far South to give us anything of interest up here at least at first but you never know.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Mrs Mair Snaw has just shown me a "beautiful house for rent" i say "location" she repies "Broughty Ferry" i kid thee not i spat my San Miguel down myself and replied with " on ya stained glass windowing own"

Sorry @Hawesy...

• Like 1

Posted

A very uninspiring start to the day with low cloud and drizzle.

Never judge a day by its first instalment though as by the end of the morning the sun broke through and the afternoon had plenty of sunshine.

Not warm mind with a max of 8c, but with light winds felt fine outside.

Temperature dropping like a stone at sunset but a veil of cloud has arrived in the last hour which has allowed the temperature to recover to 5c.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
1 hour ago, Norrance said:

Looks to me as if the building Scandi high in the next couple of weeks will be too far South to give us anything of interest up here at least at first but you never know.

I’m feeling pretty confident about it I’ve been mentioning the scandi high pattern for a while now and it’s slowly starting to come together ❄️ the 850 hpa temps to the east are also being shown really quite cold for the time of year with -16 to -20 850s often cropping up like the BFTE.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I’m feeling pretty confident about it I’ve been mentioning the scandi high pattern for a while now and it’s slowly starting to come together ❄️ the 850 hpa temps to the east are also being shown really quite cold for the time of year with -16 to -20 850s often cropping up like the BFTE.

Hope that you are right. What I fear is more like this with winds up here from the SW so cool and possibly cloudy with the far NW being milder, windy and damp.

D0FE8B3A-F2AD-45CB-B5CD-73904D21EAAA.png
Some potential there though looking again!

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

A sharp sunny morning today with mainly clear sky to the south making up for mainly cloudy sky to the north and not a breath of wind or hint of rain in evidence.

Temperature currently 8.3deg.C up from a minimum of 3.4deg.C at 05:27, humidity is 92%, wind is zero, pressure is 1034.3hPa rising quickly and there's been no rain since midnight and only 0.6mm in the last 24 hours.

• Like 2

Posted

My weather station is reporting a "Taurids Meteor Shower" as being in effect but I've been outside and there's not even meteor drizzle coming down. Should I send the equipment back as faulty?

• Like 2

Posted

Cloudier now at 9.3C but long sunny spells this morning. Went for a walk along the river in the sunshine.

58E2211E-EA84-4867-97B0-0692E03227D1.jpeg

C2CA1859-24E9-4C67-B530-6757321C0949.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

So far it's nearly killed us trying to do it all ourselves. Younger son popped in and helped today. Last night the HWB decided to slit its wrists and empty itself  all over me and the mattress... we had to haul that through the house and prop it in front of the stove, seems dry now.

HWB.jpg

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

No ty just ratty. Why didn't it happen on the husband's side of the bed?  He just smirked and turned over and went to sleep! I had to sleep on the couch!

Posted

Mrs Mair Snaw is putting up the Christmas decorations and im drinking mulled wine.. merry xmas everybody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
19 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I even got my grass cut today with the weather being so lovely and non-rainy:

20201104_155544.thumb.jpg.c1b42eaf1d9b741fde32115691c46892.jpg

That's been 10 months in a row I've cut grass this year.

That's not a lawn, that's a small paddock. You're very lucky. 

Lovely day here today, crisp and Autumnal, though I'm a bit bleery from numerous night wake up and news check ins. 

• Like 2

Posted

Well the mulled wine ran out rather quickly so i decided to have a go at these..

20201104_204549.jpg

20201104_214345.jpg

Edited by Mair Snaw
  • Like 6

Posted

Disappointingly dull, damp and dismal this morning. What happened to the sunshine from yesterday?

Temperature currently 10.8deg.C up from a minimum of 8.6deg.C at 01:23, humidity 98%, wind zero to very light generally southerly, pressure 1039.0hPa rising and there's been 1.0mm of rain since midnight.

@mardatha hope your flitting goes swimmingly.

• Like 3

Posted

Costa del Aberdeenshire ☀️

Currently 14.1c and climbing, good going for November! Just a pesky wind spoiling things a bit.

• Like 4

Posted

Fabulous day with  a fresh drying SW wind and clear blue skies  allowing us to harvest a store of neeps for the young cattles winter feed.After the wet of October was good to see the ground drying and the neep lifter producing a bit of dust  behind us . Maximum temperature of 16 c at 2.00pm and currently 10c. Several farms in the area recommeced sowing winter wheat today while avoiding the wet patches.

• Like 4

Posted
On 03/11/2020 at 20:53, Mair Snaw said:

Mrs Mair Snaw has just shown me a "beautiful house for rent" i say "location" she repies "Broughty Ferry" i kid thee not i spat my San Miguel down myself and replied with " on ya stained glass windowing own"

Sorry @Hawesy...

I’m actually back living in coastal NE Fife now in Pittenweem so unbelievably that  represents a step backwards in terms of snow chances! 

Sun shone this afternoon in blue skies and a very pleasant 14c in St Andrews (at work). 

• Like 4

Posted

Had a lovely drive out to Foveran this morning to take one of the dogs for their annual BVA eye check, first time I've driven right to that side of the AWPR and loved the views out to sea and the turbines.

Amazed at the temperature recorded on my station today - 21c! However, the temperature has since dropped like the proverbial stone due to the clear skies overhead. Today would have been my dad's 98th birthday so we're now watching all the fireworks going up with a wee dram. First clear skied Guy Fawkes for a few years around here.

1144962946_Screenshot2020-11-05at19_52_14.thumb.png.71391539a4a8768e2b443ca8665b3fbf.png

• Like 6