Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Decoded this Meteor M2 weather satellite pass earlier this morning. Shows the low pressure system out west pretty well. 

l_retouched.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Well that was quite the way to be woken up earlier it was like a 5-10 min version of the rainfall from 11th August storms quite impressive temperature drop in just a few mins as shown by the graph from my weather station 6CBD74C7-70E4-4996-AF67-D502760CDFE1.thumb.png.29cb9693ce5943f2d0bfc1c64560f009.png

@BurntFishTrousers I think you will get some great shots of the storm next week as it nears UK (track still uncertain / remnants of hurricane Epsilon) wrf eu has it at 950hpa 47ED5A63-44C7-40D4-B560-CF932335F765.thumb.png.6089f3db2e64cc186656d43356acae88.png

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well, it must have been very windy last night as part of my anemometer blew away! You know, the important bit that measures the wind speed. I did find it and if all is calm tomorrow I'll try and put it together again. My friend who lives a short distance away and also has a weather station recorded a 60mph gust last night. Sun is now out, in between showers, and I really notice the wind chill today. Anyhoo, an afternoon of knitting and DVD's for me, and keeping the fire stoked up! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Saturday mornings would be a lost less uncomfortable if they didn't follow Friday nights. Someone organise a rearrangement. Also, was woken this morning with torrential rain battering off the skylight. That won't do either.

Temperature currently 9.9deg.C up from minimum of 6.2deg.C at midnight, humidity is 85%, wind has been between  2 and 18mph today, south to southeasterly, pressure is 990.7hPa, and there's been 11.8mm of rain since midnight with a maximum rate of 64.4mm/hr, which I think is what woke me up.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

It has just stopped raining and I really do think it rained all night. Again. Wind has just dropped and sky trying very hard to clear, but I feel that no matter how hard it tries today, the clouds will always win. Bummer. Temp currently 7.4c and Oh Look! It's started raining again! Tomorrow looking a lot better so may get a walk in somewhere during the day. 

On a down note, whilst happily chomping on a fruit pastille yesterday I lost a filling. Not just a bit of it, the whole thing. I now have what I feel is a colossal  gap there and I now have to chew on one side only. Fortunately it doesn't affect my imbibing of red wine, which I am thankful for. May have to contact dentist to see if anything can be done but with the current situation I fear not. Ah well, might have to liquidise all solid grub soon. Imagine, steak pie and tatties and veg in a mushy mess. Boak.

Edited by mistyqueen
  • Like 4

Posted

Morning folks! Seems like ages since I was on here! Been moving house. Not far - about 300m but looking forward to hopefully posting some snowy pics of the trampoline in a different garden

Not a bad morning this morning after a usable day yesterday. Going to leave the house stuff this morning and head out for a walk and clear the head!

• Like 6

Posted

@mistyqueen I have a pal who had to have his jaw wired following an ice hockey injury. He lived on nothing but Guinness for a month. He says he can't remember how much pain he was in, which he sees as a good thing. Enjoy your red wine! Today I'll be heading up to visit my parents for a picnic lunch. Into the valley of deaf.... Wish me luck.

Temperature currently 8.9deg.C up from a minimum of 5.5deg.C at 00:53, humidity is 84%, wind around 4mph south to southeasterly with a max gust of 14mph, pressure is 985.6hPa rising, and there's been 1.0mm of rain since midnight and in the last 24 hours. The sun is out and cloud cover is 5/8.

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

101 north I might be moving too. Viewing the hoose tomorrow. Much further down, more sun/less snaw. I don't know how to find the altitude - it's the village of Ancrum just north of Jedburgh.

• Like 5

Posted
20 minutes ago, mardatha said:

it's the village of Ancrum just north of Jedburgh.

On the banks of the River Ale. Expect visitors.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Upin Aberdeen for the weekend. Rather chilly and pretty windy down at the beach this afternoon.

8EB32F3A-D853-4244-B8B0-FB3616F5BF07.jpeg

5957AF63-CC48-43D9-BF16-84BA2507FA2A.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
9 hours ago, mistyqueen said:

It has just stopped raining and I really do think it rained all night. Again. Wind has just dropped and sky trying very hard to clear, but I feel that no matter how hard it tries today, the clouds will always win. Bummer. Temp currently 7.4c and Oh Look! It's started raining again! Tomorrow looking a lot better so may get a walk in somewhere during the day. 

On a down note, whilst happily chomping on a fruit pastille yesterday I lost a filling. Not just a bit of it, the whole thing. I now have what I feel is a colossal  gap there and I now have to chew on one side only. Fortunately it doesn't affect my imbibing of red wine, which I am thankful for. May have to contact dentist to see if anything can be done but with the current situation I fear not. Ah well, might have to liquidise all solid grub soon. Imagine, steak pie and tatties and veg in a mushy mess. Boak.

Misty you can buy temporary fillings stuff in boots and DIY it if you get desperate. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Found a cracking crop of mushrooms during today's stomp. 

FB_IMG_1603651716088.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

A bit of sunshine first thing but as ever the Permagloom™ returned - the blue skies taunting you towards the east....

Snag_1819d68.thumb.png.be944990c91087062def14a5eb8e3d5e.png

Thermometer read a max of 9c, but it sure did not feel anything like that in the strong SSW wind.

A brief chink in the cloud cover at dusk allowed the sun to highlight some interesting cloud features towards the east...

Snag_18492ea.thumb.png.cc9befc4c65d578af1dd1f84256bd3f9.png

Yep, you can tell it was a boring weather day!

• Like 8

Posted

Had a  bit of everything this morning, ground is still wet but the sky is clearing in the north and still horrible to the south. Which of my clocks are right?

Temperature currently 9.1deg.C up from 7.7deg.C minimum at 02:57, humidity is 92%, very light wind recorded as coming from the east, northeast, northwest and west in the last hour, pressure is 989.2hPa rising and there's been 8.6mm of rain since midnight.

• Like 3

Posted

Cool day at a maxiumum of 11c mostly overcast with a bit of drizzle but late afternoon a break appeared over the Firth and Morven in Caithness could be seen. 20201026_160048.thumb.jpg.99d86570be5eafa972b7a0f0b2898787.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

A bright enough morning today if a bit damp and chilly.

Temperature currently 8.0deg.C up from a minimum of 5.6deg.C at 04:18, humidity is 92%, wind is very light at 3mph from the south to southwest and a max gust of 8mph half an hour ago, pressure is 989.8hPs falling fast, there's been 0.6mm of rain today with 2.8mm in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 4

Posted

The sunset tonight was a bit of a strange one too. The sun was poking through the back end of the rain band that went through. 

4B915A8C-4469-4E71-A2EB-2536BB725A24.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted

It stayed dry this morning until just as we got back from an early lunch at 1pm, although a cold wind encouraged a brisk walking pace, but once the light rain started it kept going for most of the afternoon.

Maximum temperature was 9.5deg.C at 12:02, maximum wind speed was 22mph at 14:43, 11mm of rain fell since midnight and 8/8 cloud cover remained in place all day.

• Like 4

Posted

Temperature currently 7.1deg.C up from a minimum of 6.6deg.C at 08:01, humidity is 91%, wind is at 4 or 5mph from the south to southwest with a maximum gust of 12mph, pressure is 991.1 rising slowly, 1mm of rain has fallen since midnight and cloud cover is 8/8. All in all a fairly uneventful autumn day so far.

• Like 2